1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Nov 23, 2020.

Discuss Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I think we’ll actually go out and win tomorrow but it will be another false dawn..

Maybe it’ll be this time :54:

2. Dip 'n' Swerve

Watching the Juventus v Ferencvarous game last night:

- Ferencv. deserved something from the game, they set up well - they played a good shape with and without the ball, every player knew their task and they showed desire and fight and threw it onto Juve

- It got me thinking someone like Rebrov could do a job at Celtic, he seems to be working well with that team (depending on the language barrier ) - the players seem to want to play for him and he knows how to set up his teams home and away.

- They have a few players in that team who are worth keeping an eye on - Dibusz the GK played well, the captain Lovrencsics, Uzuni, Somalia and Nguen - you would think the club scouts would be keeping a watchful eye - their national team is on the up also. Looking at the money we have spent on players it would make sense. not that I totally rate barisic but that is where he was able to be picked up and he has been as asset to them, you could argue the same for Glen Kamara.

- Is it just me or do we always seem to come up against the teams on the ascendancy when we are in European qualifiying stages - just or luck or a case of to get into the CL groups you need to overcome these teams, whereas, the darkside seem to get lots of luck and teams who are on their way out.

Hopefully we get the first goal on Thur and it can spring us into life - no doubt the team will be tinkered and formations * about with.

Is it just me or does the aberdeen and hibs game hurt more than the huns game - no * ups lennon last you shouldn't even be at the edge of the plank.

hail hail

3. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    6 pages the night before a European game !

I think that in itself shows most people on here dont really care about this game

TIART and Moore like this.
  4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly man, I'm scunnered and then I see the bhoys stepping out to train at Celtic Park and I smile and think Mon the Hoops again

Get good again please

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm normally itching for the next game to come around again but honestly this game gives me the fear. They tanked us in our own back yard with half a squad to choose from and not training for a month.. dreading this match... How sad :54:

Artorias likes this.
  6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We need to absolutely demolish this lot to gain any real confidence back, a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 wont do much. Can't see it though unless he makes some real changes. Hopefully get Jullien and Hatem some minutes.

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Feeling quite confident about this

2-0 Sparta

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “Griffiths is out with a knee problem but should be ok over the next few days. Jullien and Elhamed are in contention to start.”

9. CountyDownFaithful

Wouldn’t have been my preferred course of action but the board have backed Lennon and Brown has come out saying the players owe him.

They really need to show some fight and passion tomorrow. I also want to see some sort of change to the system or selection as well. We can’t rely on fight and passion alone to improve our performances and results. It’s a collective effort from the manager and players.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    We are favourites with the bookies for this.. surprisingly.. I think we will get a reaction like Motherwell and I reckon we win.. going for 2-1... because no chance we don't concede...

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Barkas

Elhamed Bitton Julien Taylor

Brown Sorro

Frimpong Ntcham Elyounoussi

Edouard

Mix it up and rotate the squad a bit

13. ddub11

Another nail in the coffin tomorow.......its slow and painful.

14. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Luckily im working late so won't see it...

Na doesnt matter how much im * off at Celtic I always end up watching somehow or another ha.

15. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I'm not confident at all.

16. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I wouldn’t say folk don’t care. It’s just the mood surrounding the malaise that’s goin on with our team is making us very unenthusiastic. And we have seen very little to make us eager for the next game.
    Also considering the * storm with the lack of urgency to change the management despite numerous warnings is making folk even more unenthusiastic.
    I will be watch though, and hoping for a win. But that’s all it is. I have little confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkk bhoy likes this.
  17. DonnyCelt

Start Ajeti and Klimala up top with Elyounoussi behind them. Barkas in goal as well

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mon the Hoops! :ynwacelti

19. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I just don’t know, so utterly deflated.

How are you feeling as a fan right now, before a game, during a game when we go down(repeatedly) then after the match?

It is monumentally deflating in all situations.
    You’re not hopeful or even looking forward to the next game.
    During a game, you’re thinking ‘not again’
    After a game it’s, ‘will this ever change or this won’t change we’re screwed’

Now put yourself in the players shoes.

What truly is their mindset before a game? Trepidation, false confidence, glimmer of belief and determination for some?

What happens when the team go down a goal? Belief sinks, motivation drops. It’s happening again. Anger, disappointment.
    Where do the players look for inspiration when this happens game after game after.... you get the drift.

It’s a deep rut that’s incredibly difficult to get out of. It takes a collective strength along with a leader or leaders to be strong and support the players. Not demean them publicly or shift blame to one then another.

The players need to feel like they can dominate and win. They need the pressure managed to enable them to play with some semblance of confidence to avoid the mistakes they make on the pitch.

It’s a deep void and it will get deeper without an overhaul of attitude and approach or a clean sweep change in leadership.

Both are difficult and neither offer a guarantee of immediate success, but for now it appears we’re keeping Lennon.

The line was drawn and we know the stance, so there’s only two choices, wallow as a fan and a player or step up and push some more belief and support for the team and club.

I hit a level of support for Lennon that I’d never have ever imagined possible but I’m a Celtic fan, it’s in my blood and I’ll pull myself up one more time and hope with all the * hope I can muster, that there’s been some soul searching the past few days for Lennon and the players. The banner relayed the fans thoughts - let’s see what the response is.

HH

20. StevieBhoooy!

I’m told there’s still 9 points to be won and we’re still in this! :drag:

‘mon Celtic