1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freitassen

The point is Lennon is an incompetent fud whose only "merit" is beating teams whose entire budget is less than what we spend in one player.

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

There's a lot of truth in what you say, but equally you have to bring players with you. Roy Keane's never made it as a manager because he didn't realise you can't just impose the same standards as you impose on yourself. Even someone like Mourinho, a great coach who was never as aggressive and confrontational as Keane, has had to learn the hard way that times have changed in terms of man management.

It's obvious bollocks that Lenny was abusive or that he created a toxic environment, but we don't need to choose between two extremes. It's clear that he did lose that dressing room.

And now I look at this and TBH I'm struck by the parallels. He did an outstanding job for about a season and a half and then at some point players stopped running through brick walls for him. There even seem to be temperamental Frenchmen involved in both. I wonder what happened on both occasions.

It's totally speculative, but let's not pretend that it's a totally groundless comparison.

I should clarify that I love Lenny and that in any other season, I would still be backing him to turn it around. I believe in him. Sadly, I don't believe he can turn it around in time to save 10 in a row, though.

wee green dug likes this.
  3. snoogins

Who knew the guy sacked by Bolton and Hibs was not the man to take us forward?

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Coming from you Nancy that means absolutely * all:56:give us more wow wow wows:57:

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think he's been fairly consistent TBH, mate. He agrees with the criticism and doesn't accept the abuse and negativity. I don't think he's changed on that score. I assume you haven't been abusive, but some have. They are two separate issues.

6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

You can spin this anyway you like.

Who know the guy who started this journey by delivering the first 3 titles of nine, whos hibs side always gave us a cracking game and who let us to a treble when Rodgers left, wouldn't be the right man?

Let's not disregard everything hes done. I want him gone, its not working out at the moment, but his appointment wasn't ridiculous

Mickmac likes this.
  7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He just called me a an absolute rocket..that not abusive? :56: He was abusive to anyone who dared question Lennon at the start and has changed his view now its fashionable.

I don't care to be honest what he says I don't value his opinion about anything.. proved that he hasn't a scooby along time ago

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    FrankMcCallum likes this.
  8. snoogins

He was offered the job, in the shower, with his * out. It was very much ridiculous

Keano88 and MusselburghBhoy like this.
  9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Then some representative of the fans should go to the press and attack the board. It will have to do, instead of a protest on the pitch.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Irrelevant

11. celtic warrior

If he is still in charge by the Sunday (obvs he will be)

League is done.

I do not see how, with the 5 games our season could be flipped on its head (our 2 games in hand and 3 against sevco) he can be trusted as a coach, as a manager to get the players up for it and win at a * bare minimum 4 of those 5 games.

The fact is, never mind those 5 games, Lennon can't be trusted to get results from any game currently.

We are in a position of being 11 points behind with 2 games in hand and 3 games against sevco to come.

It should be * glaringly obvious to the board, when looking at everything Rodgers done, in the sense of creating records on and off the pitch regarding trophies and record profits, what spending that type of money brings. There is zero excuse, none whatsoever that club managed by someone who's only senior management experience is from their current role heading a club 10 years old and with barely a pot to * in they should be anywhere close to us at any level in any comparison.

If the 10 fails, the club will be left in dire straights, this is not 1998 or 2002 whether legal or not the clubs were comparable, its 2020 and our club should be battering * domestically end of story so to lose the 10 in the current climate risks when almighty meltdown at every level of the club because fans will not stand for it and their money will as a result, stay glued to their pocket.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    His appointment might not of been ridiculous but it certainly was lazy..

What's ridiculous is keeping him on when its clear its gone pear shaped

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    HH Troops KTF :shamrock:

[​IMG]

callumrae1967 and Marty McFly like this.
  14. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    He's also consistent in that he posts when things are going well and when things are going badly as opposed to people who were nowhere to be seen this time last year but are all over this thread now

Random Review and Senna s1979 like this.
  15. snoogins

I was just trying to spin it anyway I liked

All joking aside my first post is completely relevant. It showed that after he left Celtic he could not adapt to the changes in the modern game. The acrimonious way he left Hibs also showed that he was out of touch with motivating and dealing with players in the same way Felix Magath was lambasted and laughed at. He was a 6-month interim manager and that was all he should have ever been.

The board let our backroom staff be depleted the way it has without one question of who will replace the staff Rodgers took to Leicester or the fact Duff was allowed to leave with a whimper is just gross negligence

and getting the job while in the scud is ridculous

Getting the job while in the scud is and always will be ridiculous no matter his previous achievements

16. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    1000 pages for the legend!!! Just shows you how much he is loved xxxx

johnboy19, Twisty and thailandceltic like this.
  17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Who are these people? We demand to know

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :56: