1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Mate ask any Hibs fan and they will tell you they were delighted when Lennon left and laughing their bollix off when we gave him the job permanently. Lennon like he has done here lost the dressing room because he hadn't a clue what he was doing tactically.

2. rickyroma25

I'm one of them tbh. I watch every game but I'm not engaged or up for it. I look around Europe and I just feel we're massively behind the times, and the people in charge aren't equipped to fix it.

We had a huge opportunity in 2012 to take a long term approach and fix everything from youth development up. We did nothing, other than jazz up the exterior of the stadium. I'm just totally out of * to give.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The culture is different, but the top players still have that ruthless edge and will to win. Regardless of how culture of modern day footballers are, the ones who reach the top will still share those same traits.
    Its exactly why you see wasted talent like islam feruz. What do you think the height of Kamberis career will be now? Guy didnt have the mentality.

Not saying Lennon should stay, but dont think your assertion of what went on at hibs is accurate.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I did and I have mate. Ask them their thots on him after heckingbotham and kamberi. his position was untenable and he overstepped the mark, but he got hibs back to where they were now.
    criticise lennon for all his faults and with his performances this season, but give him credit where due.

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Wasting your time with him...he'd keep lennon in charge even if we were relegated..spent months abusing anyone that had the audacity to question Lennons abilities

I stated I want us beaten so Lennon is sacked.. European campaign is done, Spartas kids made sure of that...Lennon of course won't realise this and play the same 11 from Saturday..

6. The Dude

The board's position is untenable if supporters continue to demand change.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, my enthusiasm is at an all-time low probably.

We're decades behind Europe's most forward-thinking clubs,.it's depressing as *.

8. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The fact he’s still in the building is absolutely laughable, a complete joke.

It’s best for me to start laughing about it as the whole situation is completely depressing. The fact have the opportunity to over take us due to gross negligence is mesmerising.

9. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    You’re right. Clubs of a similar size and wealth of heritage playing in leagues with similar incomes like Porto, PSV, Ajax etc are miles and miles ahead of us. Really * disheartening.

littlekennie and thailandceltic like this.
  10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Fair enough mate.. you must of been talking to different Hibees than me haha but that's football everyone had an opinion..

The general consensus I got was he done well at the start but eventually * it up because he was brutal tactically..playing players out of position and hadn't a clue of his best 11 and dropping and falling out with their best player... again it seems who ya ask

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He took them from the Championship to qualifying for Europe the following season. Tactically usurping Rodgers several times and the huns. They were our most difficult opponent at that point.

I don't know what Hibs fans are expecting if they thought he did a bad job.

It has no relevance to his tenure here though.

12. stew37

I was disappointed when Rodgers left. I was also pretty disappointed when Lennon returned, probably because of the different names being thrown about. I was happy to back him as I felt it'd be great seeing him at the helm if we lifted the 10, and he started well, but he definitely wasn't my first choice.

I've wanted him gone for a while, before it got any uglier than it needed to be, and anything resembling a happy ending gets more unlikely every week. I'm not sure what the lack of noise from the board points to in regards to how they feel about a change, but I sway towards if they were serious about this, it would probably have happened by now.

This season, can count on one hand the amount of games with good performances in my opinion, despite what Lennon has said after the game. That's not good enough at this stage.

G_portillo likes this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont disagree that some of the tactical decisions in the end were baffling, but he had his best players taken away from him.
    The squad he built and took up was far stronger than the one that was there when he left.
    Im sure he wasnt innocent in the kamberi situation, but i think that what came after highlighted what kind of character he is.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just in from a walk, had some motivational tunes on.

"you never lose, you only learn"

Complete opposite for Lennon. We haven't learned a single thing from any of our defeats and poor performances. Just keeping doing the same thing and expecting a different result. And we all know what that's the definition of.

I'm done slating him and being angry. We are stuck with him it seems so I'm ready to see what he's got, and the players too. The chips are well and truly down now, so over to you Celtic. Save our season ya shower.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You were almost right. Apart from the fact I want him gone and have been criticising his tactical ability for most of this season.

Like I said, you were almost right, apart from being completely wrong about everything.

Gabriel likes this.
  16. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Perfect analogy for being a Celtic fan atm :giggle1: even trying to listen to motivational tunes just turns into a depressing spiral *

Marty McFly likes this.
  17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah you changed your tune when things went bad.. how convenient :56:

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Haha indeed mate :56:

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Hibs should of * the Championship, a club their size.. and yes there was a bounce the next season.. but in the end it all fell apart.. kind of what we are seeing now.

He seemed to be able to motivate a team and that made up for his tactical failings.. thats gone now too.. might also have something to do with his back room staff.. who knows..

As you said all irrelevant now.. its come apart here and he should be cut loose..

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Changed my tune when things went bad... what an odd concept.

You are an absolute rocket.