1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I will be gutted if Lenny gets sacked.

it's going to be bad ending no matter what. The players aren't responding to either his tactics or his management and this side has lost all sense of footballing identity. No pundit, scout or opposition manager would be able to put a label on our style or tactical approach at this point, unless shipping goals is an identity.

It will be better for everyone, Lenny included, if he just puts his hands up and says "it's not working." and steps aside.

But he has to do it soon. Very soon.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Sgt Neppers* and cat123 like this.
  2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Media and everyone else will be overjoyed ...it the best news our rivals could wish for.

Sydneysider and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    That all depends if the board share our appetite for ten I don’t think they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lennon turned hibs into a toxic work place in his last season their and it looks identical this season with Celtic when you look at the results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cas79 and Sonic Reducer like this.
  5. Paul McAuley

Aye was the same for Ronny but then we brought in Brendan. First time since he left I’ve not called him the snake. Starting to appreciate the fact he never ran the club into the ground before he left. Need a similar marquee manager.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic will "stand by" their under pressure manager Neil Lennon despite supporter fury over recent results, according to a report.

The Daily mail state the the manager will be backed by Hoops power brokers despite a run of form that has seen only two wins in eight games.

While the situation remains "fragile" it appears that key men Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell are intent on backing their man for the time being.

Rampant rivals Rangers have opened up an 11 point gap at the top of the Scottish Premiership in an historic season where Celtic could secure a much-desired tenth title in a row.

Fans have taken to social media and football phone-ins to vent their fury at performances and results despite Lennon's charges having two games in hand and three matches still to play against their bitter rivals.

Lennon will take charge of the team in their Europa League match against Sparta Prague on Thursday with reports suggesting that he has no intention of quitting his role

Once through what is sure to be a testing match in the Czech Republic, Lennon will face a less troublesome fixture list against the likes of Ross County and St Johnstone domestically that should allow for his side to get back into a groove.

7. Maestro 08

Basically what a lot of us thought. The board will be hoping he gets through Thursday and then we get an easier run of fixtures which he (and the board) will ride well in to the new year and most likely seasons end. If it's a horror show on Thursday I think he won't survive. We will know by Thursday evening if the players want Lenny here or not.

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like the usual "we support the manager" but hes getting sacked at the next loss routine. Fingers crossed.

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    In fairness to the board, outside of sacking him (which they should’ve done imo) they can’t really say much else other than you back him.

Publicly at least, you either fire the bloke or agree that he’s here to stay. You can’t really sit in the fence, although I’m sure they will be privately.

wee green dug and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  10. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

This Celtic board are a joke

No balls whatsoever

11. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    He still here?:54:

12. TransferBhoy

Board have made their decision. Not one I agree with but time to back Lennon and the team now.

6 wins on the trot before we play them at Ibrox is a must. As long as we avoid defeat at Ibrox I will be comfortable as they then have Aberdeen, hibs and Motherwell away from home.

13. RiquelmeCSC

I think it does massive damage to us that we are now calling this run in to the new year “less troublesome” fixtures as if we are guaranteed to beat everyone in front of us.

I’ll admit when I’ve seen people ranting about the board throughout the years I couldn’t really see it myself but this season, oh my goodness. It’s a shambles from top to bottom. Our team are unfit and don’t look arsed and I can’t believe no one is addressing this.

The huns have the hunger and you can see it, our players look like they are just going through the motions. We will never get a chance to win 10 again(in my opinion) or in my lifetime and no one at the club seems to care.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I haven't seen many that want the board to say something, any public comments from Lawwell or Desmond would enflame the situation right now.

What most seem to want to see is leadership though. It's evident it's not working and is now a case of when rather than if Lennon goes. With each passing week the job left to his successor becomes incrementally more difficult, in terms of saving this season.

The players have chucked it, the supporters are chucking it and we have a guy sitting in a boardroom on £20k+ a week, watching Rome burn all around him, doing nothing to stop it.

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Celtic twitter wishing Roy Aitken and Tom Boyd happy birthday and it is swamped with "Lennon out" tweets in reply. Horrifically embarrassing, frustrated fans with no way to show it at games.

cas79, packybhoy and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They should know any social media output is going to be swamped with it, such is the strength of feeling at the moment.

They're lucky there isn't fans at games at the moment. It would've been ferocious after the Ferencvaros, Huns and Sparta games.

cas79, packybhoy, Artorias and 3 others like this.
  17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Worth every penny according to the other wee rat Bankier, I honestly am disgusted at the people we have in our boardroom.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye, this was the comments on the Scott Bain birthday post on Instagram too

Screenshot_20201124_101711.jpg

19. Skiv7

In all seriousness should we be putting banners or something up at celtic Park or Lennoxtown to make our feelings clear?

20. StevieBhoooy!

The message either won’t get through to those that matter... or will be ignored.

It’s patently clear how this is going...

Board hoping he can get something out of Thursday (I think he will get nothing) - usual excuses made “covid, injuries, silly errors, luck, grass too long”.... anything except admitting he’s a * manager.

Then... beat RossCo in league cup (if lucky) and declare “still in four five competitions this season” ....

Next ... hope for some results and points against easier opposition in league with a wee run of home games.. the “Lenny’s our man!” contingent emerge from behind their sofas at this point and spout the usual rhetoric.

OK ... we took a pumping off Milan and are out of Europe... but hey ! 11 trophies in a row!

Probably/possibly (who knows?) win the 19/20 Scottish cup... win or lose is a bad result. Lose - well that’s obvious - no 4th consecutive treble.... win - “Lenny must stay”, “Neil will finish the job “ etc etc etc.

Then we get pumped at ibrokes...

thailandceltic and Artorias like this.