1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No idea where the shevchenko rumour has came from, my post above is literally this first I've came across it, in fact hadn't even realised he was a manager these days.

I've absolutely no knowledge of what his style is, or how he has managed in the 4 years at Ukraine, but he's lasted four years and looks to have brought in a few of his own contacts to help.

It's a name signing if it was to happen I imagine, and also cheap.
    A manager looking to make his steps in to club management and likely to step to England.

I'm up for it in the sense it gets rid of Lennon and it's a name that players will look up to.
    You don't play for Milan like he did, without having a football brain and being a good trainer. I'd assume he would bring that to the club as well.

But again, I know little to nothing of his management career, outside a quick Google to see he has been there for 4 years and took 3 or 4 of his own staff he knew from playing days.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Breathnach67 likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TransferBhoy.

Peej likes this.
  3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Worst thing about managers getting fired/hired is the blatant KDS style bollocks. 'I heard ..' :99:

Rydo1888* and Peej like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Correct.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Right, can we do bets on who won't be the next manager now?

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You can mate aye.

Peej likes this.
  7. Harry Caray

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Watch as lawwell yet again pulls something out his *, just as the support is collectively calling for his head, he will suddenly bring us an italian + eastern European revolution.

Shevchenko and Donati dream team, we will have Italian wonderkids and eastern European talent across the board.
    Shved will be the new number 7 starting January.

Lawwell will keep his job for another 3 years. Till he replaces what will be a great thing with a Scott brown and John Kennedy double act in 2023.

The67Sound likes this.
  9. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Hahahaha that made us chuckle mate lol

The67Sound and Peej like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. wulliebad

Keane got offered the job before and he turned us down,he won't be offered it again.

12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    The Shevchenko idea is growing on me in that it will almost certainly command respect from the players instantly. I don’t know much about his tactical profile though. He’s taken a few hammerings for the Ukraine of late, albeit against Spain and Germany.

13. Frasquito

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    One of the Irish guys I play golf with. I live quite close to La Manga golf course so play it once or twice a week. There are quite a few British and Irish people here that seem to work in football and have mentioned things over the years. Used to see Rodgers here a bit but haven't seen him in a while

14. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    Keane knocked it backed because in true Celtic fashion they tried to impose a backroom staff on him in the shape of Ronny!! Difference is Keane had a bit about him and said no as he wanted his own guys in and rightly so!

15. Maestro 08

Bullet dodged. Keane is a rotten manager and a bit of an *.

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

So just a random guy then..

The Dude and Maestro 08 like this.
  17. DonnyCelt

Means nothing i know, especially as the board have backed him. But Eddie Howe is now odds on to take over from Lennon with Marco Silva second favourite.

The Dude likes this.
  18. D'Ecosse

I can see that - the Shved transfer came out of left field and certainly was even surprise to Rodgers who was blatant about not needing/wanting him - "we already have a million wingers"
    So the Shevchenko/board connection computes and he was vocal in the press about him too, so the recommendation could easily have come directly from him.

19. Dip 'n' Swerve

Rebrov is doing well with ferencvarous - in a tough group they held their own and were very unlucky last night - they play a good shape with and without the ball, they have a few players we should be keeping an eye on and would be in our price range - not saying he would be an option for jan of course.

If lennon goes in the next 4-6 weeks - do we appoint someone until the end of the season and take full stock then? I thought Clarke would have been a good manager and he would have took the post, he was well trained and drilled from his coaching down south - that ship has sailed.

No matter who comes in the spine of the team needs addressed - solid keeper, solid defenders, someone to replace brown and play 18 to 18 and replace French eddie. we haven't had a proper right back in a long time that needs addressed asap. we need a winger who can actually cross a ball and someone who is effective from corners - can at least beat the first man.

bitton, Christie, French eddie, ntcham, brown, taylor, soro? klimala - move on in a phased approach
    duffy and moi - send them back to their clubs
    keep laxalt , turnbull, mc gregor, rogic, mikey j, forrest,wee dembele, mc gregor, griff, ajeti, frimp, el hamed, jullien, ajer (Will prob want moved on) - keep
    replace the 2 keepers

1 - 3 year project but in jan need some instant impact signings who can bring real effectiveness and quality, spend the cash give it a go for the 10 in a row. this relies on beating the darkside at stadium of darkness.

20. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    The voices in his head

Free the Adblock likes this.