1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not just the manager!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Pearse67*, Nov 23, 2020.

Discuss Not just the manager! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Some players need * booted as well,despite lenny's failings those * on the pitch have not been 100 effort for most of the season. Its like ronny all over again.
    \0/ has been part of two managers getting the boot from our club,as a captain that is out of order.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's a joke of a setup:
    upload_2020-11-23_21-55-34.png

Few others obviously, such as McManus at the youth level as well, but these are pointless and no advantage to the actual team and first team squad.

Compare this to other clubs we should be on a level with:

Ajax:
    upload_2020-11-23_21-56-59.png
    upload_2020-11-23_21-57-32.png
    upload_2020-11-23_21-57-41.png

PORTO:
    upload_2020-11-23_21-58-28.png
    upload_2020-11-23_21-58-39.png

I'll not waste the time of me or you guys, but there are plenty others in this sort of level with equally as big staffing pools, some smaller and look closer to ours, but they are made up of core experienced staff, not your pals kid and some crock from 12 years ago.

Rydo1888*, Gyp Rosetti and JamesM09 like this.
  3. JamesM09

Terrifying. I bet that doesn’t even cost that much in the grand scheme of things. I bet you can fund a staff like that if you don’t sign * Shved or Bayo.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As you bring up Broony, I would like to point out that he was at the core of the group that got Collins booted out of Hibs as well. Not saying it wasn't justified as Collins clearly has issues of being too draconian and too hard on the fitness side. But bringing him in, I believe Brown and the obvious pals back then (Commons, Mulgrew etc) worked to get rid of Deila and Collins as well at times. That whole Commons fiasco in the dugout wasn't just a heat of the moment, * had been building for awhile and I think a lot of it stemmed from Collins and Brown previous issues.

Brown aint no angel in all of this, although he can not be blamed at all for any of the * we see from Lennon and the staff.

5. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thanks for that. Needed a belly laugh on here :60:

6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I mind when the torqouise three wheelers used to sit at the Hun end....get them to * anaw.

7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That is absolutely depressing man :47:

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Actually meant to reply to this post, sorry James. They lists massively hit home how pathetically run we are. * disgrace.

JamesM09 and Peej like this.
  9. Harry Caray

Disgusting when you look at other clubs compared to ours. Joke of a setup

Peej and Rydo1888* like this.
  10. James Gold Member Gold Member

You're just telling me this now ?

I'm always the last to know

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Kennedy and especially Strachan have been torn up for * paper.

Strachan get the toughest time on social media because he’s got zero affiliation to the team. Literally gets called a junkie.

With Lennon it’s purely criticism about his lack of ability to do the job, with the very rare sad act making it personal.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m almost certain we have other people scouting for us, presumably on a self employed basis.

You need a core of guys that the manager trusts and that are all in on the vision the club has.

cat123 likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not arguing against you, I would hope for the same.
    But, what vision? The club seems completely void of any vision other than museums and new superstores.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

14. Foley1888

There was some interesting reading on that Swiss Ramble account today about our financial results and actually how well or not we have been performing. Where we aren’t a basket case by any means our operational performance due to regularly missing the champions league groups is we make a loss without having a positive player trading position.

Our wages to revenue ratio is very high (77% last year) so probably higher again this one as our revenue will be down. For as long as I can remember our playing squad has been unbalanced with certain areas well over subscribed and others thread bare, that’s right up from youth level to first team. That is more to do with the scouting and managers but still Lawwell gets a final say on transfers.

When you look at the facts about our financial position, we are a big fish in a small pond whose pond doesn’t even get the TV money of the Polish Top League, nor the Austrian or Belgian leagues.

Where our sponsorship deals get marginally better time on time, when you take inflation into it, it’s not that massive a jump. The only way we would really flip the switch on this would be by having control of our own media and TV rights.

The main area Celtic have improved on over the last decade is player sales and the value received. We have been able to get good money for Ki, Wanyama, Forester, Van Dijk, Dembele and Tierney amongst others. The sales we got for them and money for Rodgers and his staff (a combined £101m of income (not profit)) is why we had any surplus in the bank and that’s not including sales of Hooper, Kelvin Wilson, Adam Matthews, Joe Ledley who all represented a profit. Most of the scouting for those guys was by John Park, who should be asked what it would take to come back as our Director of Football or Head of Scouting.

I don’t think it’s quite as black and white as people make it out, how good a job Peter Lawwell has done here, certainly not one that merits an eight fold pay rise on his basic salary and a bumper bonus. Since 2010
    We have had four Champions League Group stages probably working out again worth roughly £100m to the club but that means we’ve missed 6 so not even a 1 in 2 record and around £150m missed out on, our squad has had a few peaks and troughs during that time but some fairly poor seasons where the lack of competition has meant we still won the league.

The club needed to adjust post Seville back in 2003 as the money wasn’t there to sustain the higher wages but for me it has been adjusting in the direction of the business rather than the club. That is where Lawwell seems to be viewed as a success although as mentioned above where he is not doing a bad job, I am not sure his performance is as stellar as some would want us believe. I feel he has benefitted from the demise and death of the other club in the city and their financial mismanagement rather than any sort of outstanding performance.

Peej likes this.
  15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Well that’s the point.

Lennon doesn’t have one and even if he did, he doesn’t have the scouts to go get the players for it.

Gyp Rosetti and Peej like this.
  16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Of course we have more than 1 scout ffs. Transfermrkt is a good site generally butnits not without its gaps in knowledge. No Physios listed. No doctors. One Scout - we obviously have more. No Hammond. No Naylor. No Currie. No youth coaches or youth scouts - again which we obviously have

Ajax list is 50% youth scouts fs. Looking at our setup on there compared to others is daft. Half of it is missing.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  17. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Tosh McKinlay and Peter Houston are at least two who do scouting for us. Houston I think takes more to do with watching the opponents.

MacEwan likes this.
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

We’ve got more than one scout ya * madman :56::56::56::56:

19. Maestro 08

* *. You're doing over time on destroying the club here. A quick Google search easily tells you that's not all the staff we have ffs!. Taking the transfermarket website as the definitive source on this is odd behaviour bordering on stupid. Jack Naylor, John Currie and Rob Norton. Head of sports science, strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist respectively all found without much difficulty. The McManus is useless and Kennedy is just a croc from 12 years ago patter is cringey as well. Have a lie doon pal.

Peej likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We’ve went from having a manager and backroom staff with experience at the likes of Liverpool, Man City, PSG, Real Madrid, Chelsea etc to guys with experience at Peterborough, Hibs, Bolton and of course Celtic.

And it shows.

Gyp Rosetti, Peej and Brian Dunphy like this.