1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Your right he could have, but then you could look at the attitude and performances of the other strikers as well. How is it that someone so supposedly unfit, still looks to be the biggest goal threat and plays with the most desire? Theres no character in the team, hardly a warrior amongst them.

id say a 100 goal striker who has scored consistently has been a fairly decent signing mate. Dont skim over too much.

how can you even argue the transfer strategy hasnt been shambolic? Its fact that time and time again we have went into euro games underprepared.
    When our season started, Ajeti was on holiday ffs. Then he needed a pre season when he came back. Duffy was too late as well. Then you can talk about previous windows, going into qualifiers without centre backs, left backs, strikers. Strategy requires timing and time and time again we are found wanting.

just because you spend money doesnt mean you spend it well. The players have to be of the right character too. Who of the signings we have made looks to have been inspired? Laxalt is about all. The recruitment has been pish for seasons.

well rogic had taken his chance and come in to play in the 10. Theres an evident predicament. Drop brown and you have a midfield imbalance. Then you dropping mcgregor for him? His time will come.

2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think we can be forgiven to an extent mate. Literally one of his first interviews, if not the first, he said very few changes needed to be made as it was working and maybe only minor tweaks. I bought into it thinking he'd changed and we a better manager than the guy who left us. Was a while ago granted and maybe he only meant for the run in that year however a lot of the crap we witnessed last year should have set more alarm bells ringing.

I said it at the time to a few mates and it was mentioned on here last night but 2-1 for them at Celtic Park after the final set the sirens going for me.

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    What...and the final or our 2-1 win at home didn't ?
    They sure did for me....it was clear as day that they were gaining and fast.

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I'll let the final slip as a one off with * Morgan leading the line. The 2-1 if i remember correctly we should have wrapped by HT and by the end we were lucky to win even against 10 men if that's that the right game.

The 2-1 for them they outplayed us for pretty much the whole game. That's the way i see it and there's a big difference between the games imo although i'll grant you the final.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  5. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    How can anybody be open to him staying? Hes rubbish at his job. He has * it monumentally. I dont care what he has done in the past. He has to * off, now. The huns are stopping the 10 and its * heartbreaking watching this. GTF

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If he didn’t go today I doubt he will be gone before Thursday.

Hopefully we are casting the net although we should have cast it weeks ago in preparation.

Just do something Celtic, we need a boost!

Sgt Neppers* and Peej like this.
  7. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Wishful thinking mate. Why sack somebody and replace them with somebody wanting 3 times his wages. The board dont give a *.

8. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I always thought candidates refused to talk to clubs while they had a manager in place. Sure ive heard that a few times. And if its true then you would need to sack him before contacting candidates

9. DonnyCelt

And the fact they're doing it unchallenged is * criminal.

Brian Dunphy likes this.
  10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His dwindling band of followers seem to be using the dangerous line that Sevco will blow up after Xmas as there only reason for backing Lennon to “come good” I hate being negative about the man but come on the longer he is our manager the lengthier the odds become of getting the 10 and that to me is more important than showing any sort of sentiment to an individual albeit one that’s been a giant for us over the years

we need to twist not stick but I’m not confident the powers that be have the bollocks...go on prove me wrong

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wonder what is actually on that :43:

It isn't translating to performances on the pitch or good choices for substitutions anyway.

PaddyBhoy likes this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Theirs always time yes their is more games but these guys are paid thousands yes we need to give them recovery days that doesn’t mean they can’t come in on those days and study where they went wrong and analyse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peej likes this.
  13. JamesM09

I doubt that’s true. Can’t see any reason for it and often turnover can be pretty quick, suggesting a lot of the leg work has been done beforehand.

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Guy could have been new godfather of Scottish football if he stayed and adapted against the bigger teams in Europe

JamesM09 likes this.
  15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

My mate’s ex wife thought the same, used to let him out with us every weekend

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Get what your saying and have to disagree that’s not why we are dropping points this season yeh makes a difference fact is though our attacking play isn’t doing anything until the last ten mins of games all too often if we scored first against hibs that game would be a different outcome fact is we don’t and miss the really good chances and end up putting doubts in our minds and the defenders minds

17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    We're not creating that many chances btw.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If he got the staff he wanted we would be worse off only guy I rated that worked under him first time around was mjallby

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Been 8 games since Lennon strung two wins together Rodgers didn’t have that problem

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Still nothing...like waiting on the white smoke from the Vatican to announce the new Pope. :56:

Rydo1888* likes this.