1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not just the manager!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Pearse67*, Nov 23, 2020.

Discuss Not just the manager! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

The manager has came in for serious flak, rightly so, but the rest of the setup seemed to have escaped this flak.

Im talking about strachan and john kennedy, the latter who is meant to be a defensive coach!

Im not supporting lennon but the entire swamp deserve the same harsh appraisals.

Ive said in other threads the entire club needs weeding out, the pressure on the board is gargantuan!

johnboy19 and cat123 like this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    John Currie can get to * as well.

Whole thing needs a clear out, sentimental values should have went out the door a decade ago with Kennedy. We've nurtured him for 12 years now and not once has he really shown anything to suggest he should be here long term. Sure he gets some nice words tossed about him being a nice guy and good as a go between with the manager, but by * that seems the only thing he is good for.

If he had shown any real quality, he would have been Assistant before Lennon showed up again.
    Job for the boys does not work.

Only one I would honestly keep is Woods.

cat123 and The_Bhoy like this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I * hate Del Amitri

There I said it.

4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Get Hoopy to * anaw, big stupid grin on his face 24/7

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    upload_2020-11-23_21-22-33.png

Pitiful selection for a club like us.

Lennon - here because he was cheap and on the door step at the time of need, thank you for that, but proven a dinosaur to the game - not because of age, but because of his outlook and approach to football.
    Kennedy - Job for the boys with sentiment tossed in. Guy needs to go cut his cloth somewhere else and come back with some actual * experience and football knowledge outwith Scotland. Guys absolutely no contacts in football aside from Rodgers in the EPL and Deila in MLS.
    Strachan - Just what the * is this guys role? Seriously have we just given him the gig because of who his dad is?
    Woods - only saving grace
    O'Neill - seems to have been here awhile, but "Anaylst" of what? Manager already stated we don't analysis *. 65 though, not OLD, but perhaps telling.

Pitiful.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    upload_2020-11-23_21-26-32.png

One scout

Brilliant.
    Keeps Hammond busy I am sure.

7. celtic warrior

Everything and everyone who isn't playing staff need binning.

John Kennedy is frankly a * wage thief, even under Rodgers I do not * understand what he even brings to coaching set up.

The board, well...... For a bunch of money hungry *, by christ they are taking one * huge gamble keeping Lennon in charge, because if the 10 fails, they are going to see profits plummet to levels that would make Lawwell have a stroke and lose half his brain.

8. JamesM09

Lawwell needs to go first. It’s a classic case of someone being here too long and empire building. He will protect his own position by having his men in the club.

Overall I would say he’s been good for us but his time is up. We need a fresh CEO in.

cat123, Gyp Rosetti and Peej like this.
  9. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Edouard, christie and any other * that is above their station can also * off.

cat123, Sgt Neppers* and Gabriel like this.
  10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

The bigger issue here is the board, they drastically cut back from backroom staff level all the way down to youth level. We have a manager and 2 coaches, that’s * awful for a team wanting to be successful no matter who the manager is in charge.

We’ve got 2 guys who are head of sport science and fitness, the rest are basically inexperienced guys who will stay a year or 2 then move on for better money.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Right you’ve taken that too far ya *.

:56:

johnboy19 and Bobo_ like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That’s pathetic.

Peej likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    what is it, 16 years he has been in that position for?

I mind after Lennons first stint reading somewhere that pretty much every big company will change it's CEO every 5 years or so, if for no other reason than to keep things fresh and moving forward.

* over stayed that welcome 3 times now.

Massively need him to * off and get a fresh approach to the club. Fed up hearing about how great he is at balancing the books and how we have managed to make X amount in the bank. Absolutely no doubt this is great, but let's be honest, being a tight * kinda does that over time.
    What we need is someone to come in and manage these funds better, so it gets us a better club setup with better infrastructure for the playing department, coaching, scouting, etc, so we are at a better chance of getting to the CL more often than we already are, so we can become a more recognised name in Europe again, so that Adidas want to give us more money to keep their contract in 4/5 years, so we get better standards brought in, to continue the playing growth that continues the larger money coming in.

Lawwel seems content on making enough money come in to keep the board happy, that keeps his bonus coming in, and keeps things just ticking.
    Stale, boring, going to come home to roost soon I hope.

Enough * about museums and hotels, which I would love to see, but first and foremost sort out the actual club infrastructure and vision.

cat123 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I swear we used to have the staff listed on the club site as well "first team squad" followed by "first team staff". Not there any more, and I wonder why not.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Exactly, if a manager has a certain shelf life at our club then surely Lawwell does aswell. I bet he’s scrambling about in the background looking for a new manager after admitting not looking at any of the last applications. It’s a * shambles from top to bottom and needs gutted.

Gabriel and JamesM09 like this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Say he had 5 honest applications, Moyes, Howe, Silva, whoever actually applied - by * everyone of them will tell him to * off after his comments of never even looking at them.

The moment that line came out I knew it was a disaster, absolutely shocking message to send out to the world of football - that we do not look at applications, do not chase the best we can get, we simply accept what ever is easy and on the doorstep.

With that approach to hiring Lennon, it is no wonder he has a very similar and lazy approach to management, doesn't even review games - honest to * I am not exaggerating at all, he should be sacked purely for failing to do that simple task.

JamesM09, JML67 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. JamesM09

Agree mate.

I could see how we could bring in a new CEO and move Lawwell onto a consultancy role, using his experience of contracts, transfers and commercial dealings but essentially removing him from being able to put his stamp on everything on the playing and coaching side.

He’s far too comfortable. That coaching team he’s assembled from first team to youth is so far from what it should be for our size of club.

cat123, Gyp Rosetti and Peej like this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I will also bring up who is actually buying the players? Because it’s pretty obvious Lennon doesn’t fancy most of them, the only ones I think he has admitted to wanting are Ajeti and Duffy. The amount of money we have wasted on projects is absolutely embarrassing, we could’ve easily bought another Edouard or Jullien instead.

cat123, Peej and JamesM09 like this.
  19. JamesM09

Couldn’t agree more. It’s not just that, he should be building a network of up and coming managers and coaches. Building relationships with them so he always has a couple of names in mind when he needs a new manager, first team coach, head scout etc.

Nah, Gordon Strachan’s boy - the Peterborough assistant. Probably an after thought when he was looking at Toney.

Didn’t we sign Johansson 5 months before we got Deila too.. * dire.

Gyp Rosetti and Peej like this.
  20. JamesM09

Bang on mate and that’s a whole separate and equally huge scandal. The more you think about it the more he has to go.

Leone Naka Fan and Gyp Rosetti like this.