1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vasilis Barkas

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Jul 29, 2020.

Discuss Vasilis Barkas in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

I can see him going back to greece on loan, still young to resurrect his career.

I mean hes over here, not playing, stuck at home due to covid so basically training and home, would be a bit *.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The lack of "big" saves is why, for me, he still needs to prove the price tag.
    But he most certainly has proved why we signed him.
    If that makes sense.

As for naming them,
    11 goals conceded, 2 are world class ranged shots across goal which no keeper is saving, but if they did literally it would be the "big" saves people demand of him.
    6 are literally down to Duffy or other defender * ups.
    The other 3 are ones where 2 are communication issues (forgiven early on since he literally speaks a different language).
    This is in 14 games where he has also had 8 clean sheets.

So yeah, he actually hasn't been *.
    No more so than Bain who's shipped 13 goals in 7 games and has kept just one clean sheet.

Say what you want about Barkas not making any obvious "big" saves that keeps him being compared to Forster (shouldn't be), but he is by far a better keeper for the side than Bain is (who I like).

It's the same old same old though, if the face fits with Lennon, you get a game.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

horseshoe likes this.
  3. Martybhoy53

If Hammond recommended Barkas then he should be chased. £4.5M spunked on a goalkeeper who is clearly not good enough. Congerton mark 2.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  4. JamesM09

I definitely agree he’s better than Bain.

Peej likes this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Clearly not good enough my hole, he's no even played enough games for him to show he's "not good enough"...

6. Martybhoy53

Why is he not playing then? Clearly not good enough in Lennon's eyes.

7. DonnyCelt

May as well stick him back in

8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Lennon's opinion in the grand scheme of things means absolutely * all, guys so out his depth is frightening.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He should he starting. It’s mental that he’s been dropped despite not really doing a whole lot wrong.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh right, and that'll be the guy that everyone wants sacked for being utterly * as a manager :56::56::56::56:

Breathnach67 likes this.
  11. horseshoe

Not sure anyone here is putting much stock in what Lennon thinks is good enough anymore, not the way we've been playing all season, and with some of his comments the last couple of months.

12. Dubliner1

Neil Lennon is given feedback on the goalkeepers from Mr Woods. Neil Lennon does not select on his own

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Exqueeze me?

14. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Folk like to say he’s not done much wrong (debatable) but he’s not done much right either. That’s the long and short of it.

Bain has shipped too many goals for my liking but I think he has done better relatively speaking and his inclusion was justified. Bain has made several saves and I doubt Barkas saves the two penalties based on his showing in a Celtic jersey thus far. Could that change? Maybe.

We could certainly do with a new number 1 in January if this fella isn’t going to cut the mustard.

However, the keeper discussion is a bit of a red herring here. There are more pressing issues I’m afraid to say and Barkas ain’t the answer. Somewhat bizarre how the Bitton and Frimpong threads are getting of relatively Scot-free after Saturday for example.

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think he should save the hun goal but he does get a lot of unwarranted stick but then at the same time he's not yet showed anything to warrant his price tag

16. Dubliner1

Because they are NOT called Shayne Duffy. Imagine the big man defending like Bitton in recent matches???

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  17. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I can't remember too many complaints when he was dropped in the first place to be honest. Guy maybe needs time to settle or whatever but I still haven't been exactly confident with his handling. Still reckon he shoulda done better at a few of the goals he's conceded too.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    And we are trusting Lennon's eyes ?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Breathnach67 likes this.
  19. stew37

Starts again at the weekend please. Would feel much better with him in goals again, and unless he's dropping balls and letting them under him and through him left right and centre, wiping out defenders etc, keep him there.

Peej and Breathnach67 like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Won't be, not until a new manager comes in.

Treatment of this lad is worse than that of Turnbull, Soro, Connell, Dembele etc

He is clearly proven to be better than Bain (no offence to Bain) and was dropped seemingly due to an injury, never to be allowed back in again.
    Manager makes comments as if EL is meaningless (his attempts to ignore these results in favour of telling the fans he has only lost 1 domestic game as if that is all that matters) and yet does not use these games to at least get the Keeper back in to play. Let alone use it to rest others and get fringe players game time to be - you know - match fit.

JamesM09 and Dan Breen like this.