1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I am faithful through and through.

But when you don't have that faith repaid to you from the players and manager it gets pretty * tiresome.

I'm not just gonna blindly clap along to the tunes on a sinking ship, I'm getting my life jacket on and getting right off that thing. I won't turn my back on it as it plunges to the bottom but I'll at least phone the coastguard. Then I'll get the Big Strong Man to drink all the water in the sea to recover the wreck.

Nah I don't know what that means either :54:

Scotia and thailandceltic like this.
  2. Pearse67*

This * still here i take it?

* brass neck on him.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  3. scootz

No - its not.

If you're local to the stadium, then get your * down there and make your frustrations known. And if you're not local, then arrange a gathering of your nearest supporters group for a public demonstration. This is how you make a statement that the Board can't ignore. But hey, both those things require some kind of effort and commitment on the individuals part... much easier to just flounce off in the huff on a forum... and tuck into another prawn sandwich!

I just don't get why the * a Celtic fan would gift a wean another clubs football top instead of Celtics? I became a Celtic fan because one of the older laddies at my School gave me his previous seasons top (and I liked Danny McGrain). The only other fitba supporter in my entire family was my Grandad - and he was a Rangers fan!

Gabriel likes this.
  4. Dip 'n' Swerve

Reality is finally setting in, the celtic team is beyond stale - the lack of short, medium and long term investment in the team has proved costly, and cost the club 10 in a row.

We have not played well all season, fact! That is not a thing that can be switched on or off overnight.

Bitton, Forrest, Brown are only some examples who have been around too long and rely on them too much.

Take Brown - did anyone think in the 10 in a row season he would start pretty much every game, we have soro who at the minute is an unproven player, turnbull, same as shved, same as polish paddy, same as the list goes on for players we buy and never see a quick impact or have any confidence in.

Jan cannot come quick enough, in saying that are the board going to splash out big coin for a quick fix.

we knew in the summer we needed a solid keeper and * about, the spine of the team is gonzo

Now we are relying on other teams to do us a favour.

Lennon will be kept on until the start of the new year, why not do it now start preparing for next season.

The manner of lennon is uncalled for, he never holds himself to account why would you want to play for him - lennon will be remembered for the guy who * the 10 in a row - any believers need to watch the football being played and smell the coffee. The amount of goals which comes from Frimpong's side is shocking he cannot defend - 'he is runs quick, which makes him amazing' his deliveries is * and he has no aerial ability to defend either.

The only chance is for the rangers to have a few shock draws or defeats, but they have built up a strong squad with depth and plenty of cover in midfield with good runners and players who will tackle, get the sleeves up and frustrate we have rogic ntcham and shooter mc gavin christie

our midfield is tame as *, our defence lacks resilience and we have no goalkeeper - we tinker with the team selection and formation on a constant basis - things will spiral out of control before Christmas time.

A win over hearts will simply paper over the cracks.

you are only as good as your next pass - we cannot look back at the last 9 seasons.

Lennon out asap - every game I watch with one eye closed

away back to hibs or Bolton

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    1. I live in Dublin and have spent fortunes following Celtic all over Europe and Scotland So don't lecture me about commitment or laziness or prawn sandwiches.. clown

2. I support Bohs too they are my local team

3. Ill spend my money any way I see fit.

4. Couldn't give a * who your grandad supports.

5. Untill the Board get their act together they won't get a single dime from me

Pablo87, Boruc17, rickyroma25 and 6 others like this.
  6. jambo_cfc

With lennon now i think its money over heart , he will struggle to get a job after this and hes looking after his financial future !!

7. Mr Hoopy

Doubt it as he will be set for life already i'm sure. He was on top money as a player and has likely made a good few quid since being Celtic Manager.

Besides, i would like to think he would put the good of the club first...

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  8. Donegal

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larson
    Maybe the board could buy him some gardening tools?

9. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Money may not be at the front of his mind but like every other player/manager/coach he will have his ego to contend with. He will feel he can turn it around and probably think it's his coaching team or he players thmselves that are the issue as he is doing what he done first time round and it worked then so only reason it's not working now is aything other than him.

10. Keano88

If that were the case he’d have left after that shambles vs Sparta reserves, or getting us knocked out the CL due to not playing a striker, or overseeing us get zero shots on target vs the Huns as they strolled it at CP.

11. Mr Hoopy

Good point mate

12. oh bhoy

Whats the * delay here this certainly isn't a knee * reaction we have been atrocious all year

Moore likes this.
  13. Martybhoy53

Sad to say but i think Lennon is here until the zombies game. Lawwell or Desmond would have sacked him during the international break. It's going to be a long wait.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Agreed.

Not what I want to happen, but for the good of everyone’s sanity, they would be better not hanging on to the hope that he’ll be sacked this week, or indeed any time soon.

15. Mr Hoopy

It is disgraceful that we have got to this stage when this should have been a glorious stroll to the ten. The board have completely made a * of this and because there are no fans in stadiums to vent our frustrations nothing sadly will be done.

We should be making history but instead we are a laughing stock...

16. Dip 'n' Swerve

Up at silly'o'clock to get the ferry or flights over to games and home at uncomfortable hours, arranging with friends and families to babysit the kids etc - let me tell you there is no prawn sandwiches about it, or taking time from work to go to mid-week and foreign games, money on hotels etc.

The club is a joke - ive heard of trialists been given training gear with holes it in and last season's sponsors.

The commitment some make to follow celtic is under appreciated.

The irish supporters don't forget the reason why celtic was setup in the first place by the great Sligo man, Brother Walfrid

I agree with all five points - I am too busy working to pay bills to get down the Falls Road and organise a demo for the board to take heed of, they might miss my face waving about my prawn sandwich.

thailandceltic likes this.
  17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Scunnered

Artorias and Doogs. like this.
  18. Martybhoy53

The games up until we play the zombies:
    Sparta Prague (a) EL
    Ross County (h) LC
    AC Milan (a) EL
    St. Johnstone (h)
    Lille (h) EL
    Kilmarnock (h)
    Hearts SC Final
    Ross County (h)
    Hamilton (a)
    Dundee Utd (h)

Lawwell has looked at those domestic fixtures and thinking " we should win them all". That's why Lennon wont be sacked.

Diamond D likes this.
  19. Mr Hoopy

Perhaps but he might also be thinking it is a good opportunity to get someone new in who actually knows what the * they are doing to get some momentum before we next play the Huns as if drop any more points we can wave bye bye to the ten.

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Stop mate. Bus from Dublin 4am and arrive back the next morning around the same hour and that's only for home games..in fairness its Great Craic or we wouldn't do it..:67::60: It also doesn't make me any bigger or better a Celtic supporter than anyone that walks five minutes to Parkhead.. but I won't be taking lectures..

Also what's this fella going to do? Stand outside Parkhead with his Lenny out sign then waddle over to the superstore and spend hundreds on Merchandise? Peter Lawwell will be looking down from his office window breaking his bollix laughing..

rickyroma25 likes this.