1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Would love to know why the board are taking so long to act here. What is it they're waiting for?? Waiting to see and hope things turn around isn't an option. Need to take charge of this and move quickly to turn the negative energy back to positive one.

seanm and john2061 like this.
  2. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I dont think lennon will still be employed when i get home from work today. The noise is deafening. Theres no more debate about him. Everybody has agreed its already finished. So its time dermot and peter done some damage limitation for their own sakes. They will be aware that all eyes are now firmly gazing at celtic park. Theyve been here a long time now so they will understand that their next move HAS to work or theyll be destroyed. There will be no escape from this. Would you fancy going back to your generous support and asking them to buy 60k season tickets next year. * that.

Theres been a dark cloud over celtic from the start of the season. Change it. Get it right and you could salvage something. I have strangely felt optimistic since the hibs draw. Ferencvaros was enough for me. The huns game was our own making n where we are now is criminal

Sgt Neppers* and Jeannie960 like this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I pray that you're right. Shame but the longer it goes on the more negative I feel towards Lenny. We need someone like a BR. Not one of the old guard. Someone who has some credibility and can garner the respect of the players.

4. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

100% agree with you. As I say, this isn't the season to be patient with such a poor run. Infact it's the season to be decisive. But that's our view point. Knowing what we know about the board, I reckon they will most likely give Lennon the January window to fix it. I want them to act now, when we can still maybe fix the position we are in, but that won't happen in my opinion. My fear is by the time the board act, we will be in a situation whereby achieving the 10 will be highly unlikely. Really breaks the heart typing that.

Am still in such a state of disbelief when I look at how we are playing. It's nowhere close to where we have been at for 10 years now.

seanm likes this.
  5. john2061

The board need to act either today or tomorrow or there will be growing anger amongst the support .
    We can still turn this around if we can get someone in who can organise the team into a unit .
    The longer they leave it then it's not just Lennon that needs to leave lawwell and his Tory pals on the board need to go as well .

seanm likes this.
  6. celtic warrior

He's doing a hibs.

He's doing all the of things to get sacked whilst at the same time, trying to save his skin and blame others in the process.

Thing is * Hibs had the balls to cut him loose, we clearly don't.

That is beyond embarrassing.

seanm, john2061 and thailandceltic like this.
  7. RiquelmeCSC

Obviously I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he will walk and I certainly don’t think they will sack him. I don’t think PL and the board have any idea just how the fans are feeling. He will still be here come the weekend.

Jacob knows and thailandceltic like this.
  8. davidhannah

I think he should go as well. We want ten in a row. There is not any more room for sentiment for a club legend.

seanm likes this.
  9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Our squad is the best it has been for years in depth. The fact we lost no first teamers in the summer is astounding, and if you compare our squad with rangers I’d say only tavernier, mcgregor and Kamara are better players in the respective positions to ours. With that into account, how the * can our board not see that the issue lies with our coaching team?? Lennon has been given a fair chance to change it now and hasn’t made any improvement over the last 8 games. I’d say even when we beat m’well it was more down to individual brilliance’s on the pitch than a clear game plan that got us the result. What has Gavin strachan come in to do? What does Kennedy actually do behind the scenes? And why does Lenny look like he couldn’t give a *.

if fans where in the grounds and we were able to show our displeasure at the performances he’d have been out after ferenvacos

seanm likes this.
  10. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    He here still? Alright, I'll check back in an hour.

Peej, Marie and john2061 like this.
  11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Football management is quite amazing in some ways.

The things people are crying out for are basically just the fundamentals. There’s nothing modern or original about scouting the opposition, adjusting tactics to win games, post-match analysis etc, it’s just the job. It should be as fundamental to football management as morning rounds are for medical staff, or cross examination is to a criminal defence lawyer. No element of believing something works or not - you just do it.

It’s one of the reasons we should really have a proper director of football in place overseeing much of the long term football operations. Not just Lennon, but we should never be faced with a manager that just doesn’t fancy certain aspects of the job.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly!

Saturday's interview was a joke and admittance again of the fundamentals that Lennon is failing.
    "What do you do to get them to do that for 90 minutes"
    His response "they've got to do it themselves"

Absolute joke. It's literally the basics of his job. Coach them. Motivate them.

He's admitting time and again after games that he doesn't do the * basics of the job, no wonder the players look to have given up.

No wonder they look to defensively make the same mistakes, I honestly feel that his response to the players after lossing goals is just to make the defenders run harder and further on a Monday morning.
    Rather than sitting the team down and analysis the goals (the whole game) and talk through what the guys were doing, why they didn't do x, y, z and then work on the situation on the training ground to learn from it.

He's useless.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

13. truedub1916

Sometimes it can just take one small incident to change everything.
    For me I think the moment was when Neil Lennon told young Mikey Johnson to F Off

this showed me so much. It gave us an incite into how Lennon is when he doesn’t think the cameras are on him
    It also showed a real poor display of man management. And seems to have been the catalyst for a lot of players to down tools for him

Peej likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Tell you what, he comes across like trump as a president (not his personality)
    Rather * off and hide in an office (play golf for trump) than actually get on the training pitch(in to the oval office ) and be hands on.

Can easily imagine he wakes up some mornings and rolls in late or just hides in his office telling the other coaches to get them to do sprints.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

truedub1916 likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This is spot on, and the last paragraph has been a clear issue for a long time now. Lawwell knows * all about football and shouldn't be tasked with making decisions that affect that side of the business. The warning signs were there when he was appointing Deila's backroom staff for him.

We are so far behind other clubs on the continent when it comes to the structure of how we operate and it shows when we come up against lesser sides and get shown up time and again.

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  16. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I admire your optimism. But I'm afraid I think he'll be in charge still come the end of the day.

17. saltire78

Pretty sure that the board know exactly how we feel. And as usual, aren't too bothered. They will see this patch as having weathered a storm, albeit quite badly. In essence we've played most of our tough games in quick succession and are only 5 points adrift, despite our covid/injury issues and the ridiculous matter of last years games too. From their perspective, he's lost * all but a little momentum. Had he been knocked out of the cup, different story. We'll lift the trophy to get another treble, so they'll see it as justified support of their man.

They're not going to sack a manager after 1 defeat and 2 away draws against the teams around us. People thinking otherwise are dreaming. They probably should, based on HOW we're playing, but won't. They've heard fans complain before and always seen it out until it's completely untenable to continue. I'd expect the same again this year. Lennon will be given until March unless he walks, which I don't think he will. Truth told, I think we may put together a run as the players are returning and the fixtures begin to look more relaxed.

January transfer window will be telling. If we get lot of transfer requests it's indicative of him losing the dressing room. If board back him, with a couple brought in to shore up defense etc. he's here for the duration. If nothing changes then we'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  18. Bonobhoy

I doubt now he will be gone...gotta feeling he will be given the cup final game since he got us there....go out with the quad treble .

After that then maybe.

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not for me.

There's no room for sentimentality when it gets to a stage of when rather than if a manager goes.

Truthfully the decision should've been taken a while ago but the longer we leave it now, the more difficult a job we give his successor in terms of winning the League this season and turning things round.

20. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Not even whispers of a press conference this morning which means he's staying.

Fantastic...