1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The problems go deeper than getting a few different players in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The one on bbc he’s half smirking somethings happened with him he doesn’t give a flying * anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That was the very game i thought for the first time there might be a shift starting. I put the final down to a one off with injuries and Morgan up top etc but to get outplayed again, and that's what happened, on our own patch after the lesson a few weeks before was alarming. Then the mid season break happened and the rest is history but the signs were loud and * clear!

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  4. JamesM09

I agree. Spending money to salvage the situation in January will be the same as bringing in Robbie Keane when Mowbray was here.

Sgt Neppers* and MusselburghBhoy like this.
  5. oh bhoy

christ morgan up top ,it happens so often you forget so much of the mental * lennon does

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    To be fair, Bielsa isnt exactly what you could call a modern day coach, but his methods still stand out as some of the best.

this notion that a manager must be young and have this new era approach isnt necessarily the only way to succeed.

You can have all the sports science and modern day methods, but if you dont have a group of players with a collective mentality and character and manager with a presence to get the best out the players, then you have nothing. Ian cathro was a prime example of that.

I dont care about our managers age. As long as he is the right man for the job.

Mickmac likes this.
  7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    He was in an interview not long ago saying he would love to go back and that he would see what happened.

would have loved him back. Big character and a winner who demands respect

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I actually dont think it is impossible but we need big change now and we need to put a run of wins together. If we could win the majority of our games from now till the break and beat then next game, i dont think we would be far away.

9. JamesM09

I think 90% of the forum agrees on what we need but it’s difficult to say exactly what that is without using words that can be misconstrued.

For example, people say young a lot but they really mean just not someone like Strachan or O’Neill that have been out the game for so long and don’t have any ambition or drive as coaches anymore. The actual age doesn’t matter.

Modern - they don’t mean cutting edge technology and science (Rodgers never had us wearing those monitors even though Deila did), they mean a managers that’s hands on, focused on the modern approach to professionalism (proper scouting of opposition, fitness managed by the club rather than the player, players being taught detailed tactics etc.) and understanding modern tactics (Not lump the ball up to the target man all the time).

The Dude likes this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He left because he was fed up doing most of the workload, I would love him back but under other management.

11. SuperZidane

Absolutely - good players don't become bad players overnight. We need to get someone who the players respect (I think that's the key thing - they clearly don't respect Lennon). I can't blame them tbh, his tactics are ****, his after match comments are unbelievable and everything is their fault and nothing is his.

I think it would be tough for anyone to come in and win the league from here but it's definitely do-able if we brought a good tactically aware manger in and did it now. We definitely have the players to do it and I believe they would respond to a manager they respect.

I'm sorry to say that IMO the club will keep waiting for this "culture change" to happen which will always be after the next couple of games.

If and when Lennon does walk/is sacked - it'll be too late and then more than likely - DD/PL will take us for mugs and give it to JK.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The core of this team has been one of the best and most successful ever. Look at the trophies, broken records.

Lennon rode Rodgers momentum for as long as he could, he admitted when he first came in that he wasn’t changing anything and he was just trying to carry on what had been started.

You’re seeing now a team that has his stamp on it. It’s night and day. This isn’t a blip.

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep.

And it’ll only get worse the longer he’s here.

He talks about culture but this is the culture he’s built.

14. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

If Lenny stays then I believe we won't catch the orcs.
    However bringing in the right coaching team to replace the team we have currently gives us a great chance at catching them. After all ,if we win our games in hand then it's only 5 points and we still have to play that lot three more times so not insurmountable. All hinges on the board making the changes fast and getting the correct man in.

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

apathetic performances are coming week in week out from the players hes picking, the board really should see it by now

is he beavying a lot ?

16. GreenLeanMean

I think he'll be given until the huns game . Make or break

17. GreenLeanMean

So frustrating as we've seen him turn things around before on more than one occasion. But that only buys you so much time.
    There's no margin for error at all now.

18. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If we get beat it'll be too late in sacking him, the league will definitely be gone. We need to act now.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  19. wulliebad

Unless there is some collapse,(worse than where we are now) i don't see celtic doing anything.The game against them in Jan will be the game that decides the league and lenny's future.
    We win that and he is given more time,we lose and it's too late to save anything and he will be replaced,and celtic being celtic it will be kennedy till end of season.

20. jj81

I don't buy into this "beat them 3 times and we win the league " there will be points dropped , I think we can go on a run but I'm just tired of these inept displays , prove us all wrong