1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Fair point mate! Whatever happens, i hope he can rediscover his form at club level.

DennyCelt likes this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nenad Bjelica is the current manager of Osijek, a club on par with Aberdeen. Thing is- he's worked wonders there, he's worked wonders at Dinamo Zagreb before he was booted out following intervention from the corrupt owner. If we must go cheap, this is still a competent man. And within reach.

Peej likes this.
  4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think it has to be someone with a big name in football that gets the players respect straight away. That was part of the problem with Deila and seems to be the same with Lennon this season.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Wouldn’t be adverse to Petrescu.

Peej likes this.
  6. Pearse67*

Zjelko buvac, the number 2 under klopp who left in 2018, wonder what hes at?

limezer and Breathnach67 like this.
  7. Pearse67*

Ralf Rangnick, he would be perfect!!

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Raphael Honigstein was saying on a podcast I listened to that if Joachim Löw gets sacked, Rangnick is likely going to replace him.

I’d take him in a heartbeat, but he’d be mad to come here if that’s potentially in the pipeline.

9. JamesM09

Not naive to how hard it can be to get players respect if you’re not a big name.

But I think if you come in with a professional approach and a strong knowledge of football, the group of players we have would take to you.

I’ll admit it’s an idea stuck in my head now, but I can’t help but think these players are crying out for proper coaching.

To be fair, anyone coming in to do our tactics would be a bigger name than the former Peterborough assistant manager.

The Dude, Peej and Stevie6767 like this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Oh that’s how you spell it, who the * is he and what’s he done in the game?

PaulM1888 likes this.
  11. Lennon1888

Agreed, The players need a boost another average manager will do nothing for us.

12. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I'll take anyone * hot at football manager at this stage

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Proper coaching is exactly what they want and need.

We want to chase players who have aspiration of playing at a higher level than us, we want to develop our own players who have that same ambition.

For that, they want to see us offer them the same training and career structure that they would get at a top club.

Instead we are offering them a grass pitch and an ex retired school dinner lady.

We laughed a few years ago when the Huns were pictured in a Spanish 2 star hotel taking ice baths in a green wheelie bin while we were living it up in 5 star hotels and world class training facilities.
    We laughed the last two years in Dubai when the Huns followed us to the same hotel, but was always treated less than us with regards to access to facilities.

Some how, some where that level of expectation has slipped when it comes to the daily training and coaching of the players.

Instead of being pampered daily on the training ground, cuddled and told how they are going where they need to improve, instead of giving them the best dietary advice, instead of reviewing each and every game professionally, it would seem that Lennon's approach is to show up, shout a few orders that he's been given by a laptop, then leave them to run laps around lennoxtown.

Not saying we won't be in Dubai again, not saying the Huns have suddenly stopped using green wheelie bins. But we have on a day to day level completely dropped our standards with coaching and developing the players. No wonder they aren't playing, aren't fit and look lost at what to do.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

ThatBhoyLarsson and JamesM09 like this.
  14. CountyDownFaithful

I think the talk of Strachan coming in is really just paper talk.

If it were to happen, it just goes to show the massive Peter Lawwell shaped problem that lies within our football club. Lennon and the team have been under-performing for months and during this period Lawwell should have been earning his bonus by drafting up potential replacements. I do not believe there is any long term planning going on at the club, and Strachan coming in would absolutely validate that.

I get that Strachan could potentially steady the ship but I'd rather give it to a modern day manager who has a vision and clear identity. The next 6 or 7 games are winnable on paper and that would give any new manager a good platform for implementing their style and philosophy. Win all of the games and 10IAR is still within reach. At the very least, the new manager gets X amount of months to learn about Celtic, get to grips with the squad in terms of who he wants to keep and who is moving on etc. This would give the manager a chance of hitting the ground running next season.

Bringing someone in for 6 months with a view to hiring a long term manager in the summer will be too late. Our playing squad needs completely revamped at the end of the season, we need a manager to come in now and start future planning immediately.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Everyone:

can we get a master tactician, able to craft a successful strategy, style of play, a modern manager with an eye for a player, patience and perseverance and the knowledge to adapt a game plan when required, great man management and a strong communicator, forward thinking and an inspiration to the players, let's find someone innovative and accountable for their decisions

Celtic:

HH

PicsArt_11-23-10.42.06.jpg

Peej and CFC.1 like this.
  16. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    My wee under 10's team are undefeated since we were allowed to play again in October iam throwing myself and our other coaches name in the hat , we'll do better than what's happening :34:

17. JamesM09

Lawwell will want in someone he can control. He looks after his own position as top dog at this club, first and foremost.

He’s been here far too long. Rodgers scared him because Rodgers was so popular he would’ve had a chance to get him removed.

18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Rodgers wasn’t only popular, he was an extreme narcissist and so it was his way or the high way. War of attrition between two egos.

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    At this stage I’d go for a Strachan or O’Neill on an interim basis to steady the ship and take it from there. Once they step aside in June, get in a young but proven manager. Someone who’ll get the feeling of anticipation and excitement back, someone who can be allowed to overhaul the squad. Marco Silva or some such.

20. The Dude

Ralf Rangnick: the godfather of modern German soccer

Coaching career:
    1983-present
    Teams managed: Viktoria Backnang, VfB Stuttgart II, TSV Lippoldsweiler, SC Korb, Reutlingen 05, Ulm 1846, VfB Stuttgart, Hannover 96, Schalke 04 (twice), 1899 Hoffenheim, RB Leipzig (twice)

Innovative idea: the modern German style of soccer, more or less

In 2020, German soccer is commonly regarded as a youth-friendly brand associated with pressing, counter-attacking and generally optimistic play. It's an incredible thought considering that, 30 years ago, as the rest of the world was tinkering with the 3-5-2, the 4-3-3 or, soon, the 4-2-3-1, German football was still frequently played with a sweeper (one deep defender between the goalkeeper and everyone else). Germany is a country that is conservative by nature and progresses in sudden lurches. The man at the heart of this lurch spent a good portion of his career being considered an oddity.

In Mensch: Beyond the Cones, author and ESPN contributor Jonathan Harding calls Rangnick "one of the great innovators -- the Steve Jobs of German football." As much as anyone, Rangnick helped to create everything that is both entertaining and pervasive about German football. He was proselytizing about the press and counter-press as a small-club manager in the 1980s. Drawing clear influence from coaches like Zeman, Valeriy Lobanovskyi, Ernst Happel (European Cup winner at Feyenoord and Hamburg) and über-influencer Arrigo Sacchi, he built an entire youth structure around his and mentor/right-hand man Helmut Gross' ideas as a VfB Stuttgart assistant in the early-1990s. And by the late-1990s, bigger opportunities finally began to present themselves.

Rangnick earned promotion for Hannover 96 in 2002 and double promotion for Hoffenheim in 2007 and 2008. His Schalke were Bundesliga runners up in 2005, and he helped the club to its first Champions League semifinal upon his 2011 return. He has proven adept in both a managerial role -- though he has, at times, worn out his players, his welcome and himself -- and, with RB Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg, the broader role of sporting director. He has deeply influenced many of today's most intriguing managers: PSG's Thomas Tuchel, Southampton's Ralph Hasenhüttl, PSV Eindhoven's Roger Schmidt, Eintracht Frankfurt's Adi Hütter, and more. He and Klopp have long envisioned the game in the same way, too, as evidenced by the fact that Klopp's Liverpool have acquired so many Rangnick/Red Bull players.

Rangnick's vision of soccer is Germany's vision. He moved mountains to achieve that.