1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They need to sack Lennon- Lawwell needs to, rather. He gave him a full-time contract, now he needs to set up changes.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

That was implied in my post...

3. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I was at the League Cup Final last year and that for me was a watershed moment. We were lucky as * to win that and were totally outplayed. It was the first time I think that they felt they were on a par with us, and they have grown in confidence since.

If we continue on with Lenny, I seriously doubt we have any chance to compete.

4. jambo_cfc

I seen a post along the lines of “i wouldnt celebrate lennon getting sacked “ i total agree with this , i thank him for what he hs done in previous years but now is the time to go and we need a manger that is gonna bring us to the way football is played now ! I am a bit worried about this board selecting the next manager as i think they will focus on a celtic minded person !! Think they will try for clarke or someone of that ilk which i dnt think we need !

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Yet wee Tommy Tactics decided to play the exact same way at CP the following game, and guess what....they won. Comfortably. On our pitch.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Offt, they'll be selective for sure.
    But the submitted question, if chosen of not, should highlight to them the feelings

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If Lennon isn't sacked tomorrow, I genuinely don't know what he has to do to be relieved of his duties...

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  8. CountyDownFaithful

It’s sickening.

They * could not be in a better place and we are crumbling. The board are watching it happen.

Twisty likes this.
  9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yes, but their inaction thus far is damning. They get paid very well for running the club. And if they understand football, then they will know that only winning gives money. The fix to our issues is simple: get in a man who can reduce the amount of goals we concede. Lennon must be too full of pride to walk, but as much as I want him to finish what he started, he can't.

Now though, Lawwell's admission of basically binning applications last time we were looking for a manager, will hurt us.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  10. Celticbhoy97

It’s past that for me. The time to be respectful and step down would have been after the CL exit * I’d even been respectful after the old firm.

Now it’s toxic, every press conference he’s done recently has treated us the fans with utter contempt.. go look at Gary Holts post match.. night and day

Peej and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

It is hurting us, but that was their prerogative, their choice (rightly or wrongly), but they have backed that choice very, very well which I see as nothing but a positive.

Their horse is making a right * of it, and aye they HAVE to change it ASAP. If they fail to do this, you'll be the first to hear me slaughtering them, but as it stands I feel they should at the very least be praised for backing him financially.

12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

If Lennon gets sacked then things can get even worse, Kennedy will take over. I don't see a viable candidate to take over at this time. What top manager is going to put his reputation at risk with not winning 10 iar? We can say Lennon did the damage but only the manager at the time will be remembered. I think we will be plodding along with Lennon for the foreseable future , to at least the cup final anyway. Lennon coming out now and critising players and refusing to take responsibility tells me he is far too stubborn to walk away and firmly believes our form has nothing to do with him

Lennon1888 likes this.
  13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Horseshit man. The only manager who’s reputation is in ruins is NL.

It’s a free shot for whoever comes in.

There is only an upside. We’re going to lose if we stick with the status quo, we may as well roll the dice. If we lose after doing so, so be it. We tried

StevieBhoooy! and Valhalla like this.
  14. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The board have as big a part in this as anyone: 3 CL appearances in the last 7 attempts is an unmitigated disaster. They were responsible for that in appointing wrong managers, not funding the right manager and not getting players in time for qualifiers every single time. Quite well documented that the Rodgers/Lawwell relationship broke down long before he left.

The failure at European level and acceptance of such has, in part, led to them overtaking us in Europe and now they could do it domestically as well.

Shocking when you think about it.

The Dude, Hammy89, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The but who will we get? question is not a reason to keep Lennon overseeing this *...

Lennon stays we have no chance... simple, its done..

New manager, who knows...

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yes, but with a caveat: we don't know how reachable was Forster, financially. Could we have spent 10M on him, instead of paying 6 for Barkas? Then again, if Forster never wanted to come at all, then the board are not to blame.

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Totally agree. The win masked our shortfalls that day and that performance should have set the alarm bells ringing

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Come again?

19. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

So we bring a new manager in and we dont win 10 iar, do you really think blame wouldn't be directed at that manager? The reason wanting Lennon to leave is to try and salvage 10 iar!!!

Lennon1888 likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

Forster was approached to come back, on loan I believe.

He refused saying he wanted to fight for his place at Southampton.

We then paid £5m for Barkas.