1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Manager be sacked today?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Peej, Nov 22, 2020.

Discuss Should the Manager be sacked today? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

No, it's because the global elite are conspiring to get rid of Neil Lennon in an effort to further their agenda of depopulation.

Don't ask why, but it's all connected.

Moore likes this.
  2. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Yeah it wouldn't be nice towards the huns to get the record 10. Otherwise they're gonna be sad and we really don't want that, do we?

3. WhitleyCelt

He’ll be here until Christmas I think, the board will change him before the Ibrox game. Too little too late. The damage is done.

Agree with those who say he should have went after Prague. Mowbray was sacked for less.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    trip2themoon, JamesM09 and Peej like this.
  4. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    How is there 7 people who support Celtic voting no? Its either blind loyalty or madness

5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If he loved Celtic as much as we think he does he should just resign, sacking a manager gets messy and expensive. Walk away with some respect, from fans and players before your names completely mud, where your achievements as a player will be overshadowed by your failings as a manager. Not to mention being known as “the manager that blew 10iar”.

6. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    Simple question to ask but can we sack him without a replacement to be honest who would want the Celtic job right now the club is a shambles this was evident when we could not get McGinn over the line probably the reason Rodgers left there is no forward planning within the club the players are disinterested pathetic

7. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Yes, and given how pish we have been all season, if the board don't already have the replacement lined up for a quick turnaround its a dereliction of duty

Peej likes this.
  8. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It is the reason Rodgers left.

That and other issues, but ultimately, he left because PL made it impossible for him to stay.

It's as simple as that.

Fans running around calling him rat and snake etc. when the actual villain of the piece is still at Parkhead and we're watching the club colossaly * up the quest for ten in a row, something BR would have delivered and delivered with ease if he were simply allowed to do his job the way he wanted to.

How many of us would yearn for him to be here now?

9. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Another question to ask as well is, If fans were allowed in stadiums/outside grounds do you think he would still be in a job? At the moment the only form of fan aggrievement comes from the press/forums or phone ins. Where due to conditions out with our control I’m 100% sure there would have been banners, boos, and protests in and out the stadium, where the board would have to listen to the fans. Right now they see what’s happening on the pitch in literal silence.

Andybhoy93 likes this.
  10. john2061

The longer Desmond and his Tory buddies on the board let this circus continue then the Celtic support will turn on them
    The season ticket supporters deserve better than this and they going to wait till the zombies are 15 points clear before they act as Lennon still can't get this team or his tactics right and how long are they going to wait .

11. Paul McAuley

93% of fans want him gone. If the board don’t act then there doing a disservice to the fans and there own position should be questioned.

Noskeil likes this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If we were five points behind we wouldnt as for the sack but the performances and that 1-4 loss cements it’s for me no other manager would get away with that manner of defeat to a team we should be beating at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. JamesM09

We’ve got 7 very winnable domestic games between now and Hun game. Bring a new manager in and let him build momentum and we’ve still got a shot at this.

Let Lennon stay and it’s over. At best Lennon will win those 7 games then blow it after new year when we get a more challenging run.

He’s not cut out for it anymore. Anyone watching 90 mins instead of looking at results can see it’s done.

Colin Robinson likes this.
  14. JamesM09

Not to mention a second abject failure in champions league qualifying (both directly the managers fault) and failing to hit the target against the Huns at home, when we were chasing the game after 9 mins.

All sackable offences, all very easily forgotten because 8 years ago Lennon done a good job and the huns collapsed last season.

15. celtic warrior

Should have been sacked months ago.

I love him as a legend. But his not a manager we need right now.

bobs1974 likes this.
  16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    There were worrying signs from the start of the season and the alarm bells should have been ringing. Although we had the odd decent performance i.e. Hamilton 6-0, and Motherwell 3-0 and Aberdeen in the semi , we struggled against the likes of Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Livi and Aberdeen and were also playing some pretty turgid football into the bargain. We also struggled in our Champions League ties and Europa League ties and it now looks like we will be out of both competitions. Surely someone should have said enough is enough and took effective action earlier to sort things out and we could have steadied the ship however, I reckon we have let it go too far and now need major surgery to sort this * up out.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Opened for a day and a half, think a vast majority of active users have had a chance to vote one way or the other at this stage;
    upload_2020-11-23_21-14-14.png

Very telling. Not at all surprising and it is felt across the forum and from some sneak peaks I have done elsewhere.
    But those sort of numbers make it pretty much agreed, he needs to go. Now.

18. celtic warrior

Without question I'd have Rodgers back no bother, in fact, I'd walk to Leicester, pick him up and carry him all the way to the Celtic.

Call him what you want but domestically he'd not be having team playing like this

Gil-Scott Heron likes this.
  19. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I think it's time for him to go.

Based on current form I really can't see us winning the 3 Hun games left nor even taking full points from the games in hand. Losing twice to them at Celtic Park is unacceptable.

Many are saying Neil should stay because a Huns falling on their * is immanent. I have to ask though: what makes anyone think the Huns are going to collapse? They are now thriving in empty stadiums because if they are drawing or a goal down at half time they are no longer getting abused or booed off the park, whereas we seem to be horrific in empty stadiums.

Our fans lift the team's spirit, Hun fans crush their team's spirit.

20. joemc

I think some are glossing over the fact that br played the game with us , he was jumping ship at the first decent epl side regardless of the relationship, he didn't help himself either in situations , dembele also called him out , proved to be true so spare me the saint Brendan speech, he * us over so badly ,let's not forget .

Jeannie960 likes this.