1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Someone with the ability to make players better, to organize and motivate this group of players.

We need a back room team that have a professional approach and experience within the game, for a club of our size it's really embarrassing the way we operate at times.

2. Maestro 08

Plus he would be a disaster. Talk about going from the frying pan to the fire. If the players don't like Lennon's management style they'll despise Keane. He makes Lennon look like the Dalai Lama.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    on the contrary, i dont think he would be, if it wasnt under Lawell.
    I think he would call a lot of things out and reinstill a fighting attitude into the side.

but i wouldnt see him working well with lawell. He would say it how it is and lawell has too much influence.

4. Maestro 08

If the board were to get shot of Lennon. 100% Clarke would be their man. People looking for a big name will be seriously disappointed if they think anything else. Tbh he ticks a lot of boxes for what we need. He would have us organised for a start and is well respected for his training methods and tactical knowledge. Conveniently for the board he would probably come cheap as well.

5. DonnyCelt

Keane should be nowhere near the list of potential replacements

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    He doesnt want involved in the bigotry. He alluded to that at killie and was sickened by it.
    In any case, he wouldnt leave scotland until after the euros at the earliest. For that alone, it wont be him because we need someone to come in and have an impact asap.

i totally agree with the rest. The guy knows football. But i see him going back to england, if he were to leave scotland.

7. ddub11

Would like a proven soccer manager,but at times like this i often wonder what it would be like if we appointed a manager from a different sport.

Say rugby,or gaa etc.......not something iv seen before but always been curious as if it would work.

Of course he would have to have coaches who knew soccer tactics etc to assist him.I look at the likes of eddie jones(who i hate) and wonder how he would do in soccer and the likes of Jim Gavin(hugely successful and respected gaa coach)how his approach would work with soccer players.

8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Clarke wouldn't come near us, he's made that clear in the past. Plus he loves the Scotland job

9. Maestro 08

He would be a disaster. All the things people are slating Lennon for Keane has in spadefuls. He would be hated by the players. Tbh Keane will never work at the top of the game again. No one will put up with him in this day and age. Plus he's become a caricature of himself on the telly.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We don’t want Howe never mind him turning it down. Not good enough.

What’s hard to believe?

11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Rafa Benitez coming here.

charlietully and Bayern Bru like this.
  12. limezer

Marko Rose and make him an offer and conditions that were on a par with Rodgers.
    I know I’m going to get he will never come here, but we are a big club and you don’t know if you don’t ask.
    It’s time the board show that they care.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Based on what? The one and only hurdle would be his current wages.

We were interested last year, he stated that himself.

14. Maestro 08

Possibly but it's one thing saying that and an other when you've actually been offered it I suspect.

I think I'm right in saying Scotland don't have another game lined up until the Euros so I don't think that would be as huge a stumbling block as people think.

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think we'd entertain his demands or he'd even consider coming to manage in Scotland. Complete non starter imo.
    I'd * love it to happen though and think with him here now we might save this season, but like I said, non starter.

He'd make us so much better, but no way he's leaving Scotland, or coming to us. Don't think he'd fancy the part time gig either.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What are his demands?

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

More than Lawwell will want to pay anyway.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    The list of embarrassments this season is embarrassing.

European qualifiers, Glasgow Derby, European group stages. Then you look at individual results - Prague and the numerous draws in the league. Then you look at the individual performances - no one has been even average. Then you look at the tactics and teams put out.

It's been a completely horrendous season and is unforgivable at the best of times, let alone the one for the ten. Absolutely gut wrenching.

The Prof likes this.
  19. Celticbhoy97

Jesse Marsch current RB Salzburg... get the bank broke for a manager who knows how to qualify for the CL and manage a team that should be dominating their league

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Won’t be Lawwell’s decision.