1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We have came to the point of no return. We have given him a benefit of the doubt because he is a ex-player and a "Celtic man" and that he would, somehow, turn it around. We have also thought (wrongly) that the huns would implode and we would see a repeat of their collapse last season. Some of us have even said that their team is * and that there isn't one of their players good enough to even get a place on our subs bench. Well, here we are trailing behind them, making the same mistakes every week and with a manager who either hasn't got what it takes or a bunch of unhappy players who don't want to play for him or have lost the hunger. Whatever it is, it has to be addressed now or we could go into freefall.

2. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Calm doon:giggle1:

3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

That's very good advice and why as I've said on another post, I've decided "I'm out" on this thread

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Very understandable gripe to have with him. However, I can't think of many top level managers who are openly self--critical when things go south. Personal sense of infallibility is very common in that line of work.

For this reason, the board need to step in, and part with their cash. Take the pricey option, and try and save the season. If Lennon is sacked/walks on his own, and they take Kennedy, then they are more at fault than Lennon ever was.

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't know what goes on in Lenny's head, so any speculation is just that; but FWIW my own appearance (in terms of body language, hair, clothes, weight, etc) deteriorates markedly when I am suffering from depression. It's one possibility anyway.

Just Kieran and Brian Dunphy like this.
  6. TheHappyLoss

Know pretty much nothing about Kennedy’s credentials, but strongly suspect he ain’t the answer

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Bielsa is rated as a world class manager. Lennon isn’t even Spl class at this point in time.

To put this utter nonsense to bed, I couldn’t give a * of the Elephant Man were in charge of Celtic, as long as he was doing the job.

If like Lennon, he were to make an absolute * of it, continually berate his players, continuously make comments in the ilk of ‘the fans haven’t a clue, they’re just being over exaggerating’ and try to treat us with utter contempt, you can bet your bottom dollar I’d give the ugly * some stick back!

Put yer pipe and slippers away Pr. Frued...

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  8. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    That's absolutely true so that's why he needs removed from his position. I got stick on here weeks ago for mentioning his mental health but you can see the man is majorly struggling just now

Random Review likes this.
  9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Makes sense. I used to struggle to motivate myself for non-essential tasks during depressive periods. The feeling of dejection causes the sufferer to abandon focus and will to see the activity through to make sure the outcome is optimal.

but if Lennon is indeed suffering right now, then throwing bile is not at all humane. He should step back from football, but he is always a part of our club.

10. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Even Davie Dodds wouldnt take the job

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This chancer still here :87:

12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Given he didn’t walk immediately after the match, I’m now settled on it getting much, much worse and 10 times more toxic before anything changes. Strap in tight.

charlietully likes this.
  13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The biggest point I feel you make in that post is the ones regarding Lawwell ...this * thinks he's a football manager and is running the whole show... biggest problem we have at the club and has been for a long time.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    OK, well I'm glad you agree on that at least. I get that it's human to lash out when we are upset, I have also said many regrettable things on here (FWIW much more than you (e.g.) about Kennedy), so I wasn't criticising you personally. I just wanted the talk (from many fans) about Lenny's appearance and personal character to stop.

I'm not going to try to defend Lenny's managerial ability right now. I want to and no doubt will again, but in the current situation, that is quite hard to do.

Obviously I don't agree at all that he is treating us with contempt, but I can see that this is one interpretation of his behaviour that is shared by a lot of people on here. I more interpret that when you lose the plot (which he obviously has this season), it's really difficult to see that from the inside at the time. I'm sure he'll look back with hindsight and realise that he's lost it, but right now I have little doubt that he genuinely believes he's the right guy to turn it round.

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I want to give this more than one like, mate. Best post in the thread this season.

Brian Dunphy likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Just a blip.

:lenny1:

17. Lewis Kerr

I don't even give a * anymore

Out of Europe, on the brink of losing the 10 and this guy is still hanging about * up the club like a parasite.

Season is over in November. Thanks Lenny.

18. Maestro 08

Things are reaching critical mass anyway. If he has lost the dressing room and the players want shot of him we'll know in the next couple of weeks.

19. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Will be too late by then. We already know hes lost the dressing room

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You literally mention the Huns in every post.