1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy53

The post match comments are cringeworthy. I listened to Gary Holt's post match interview yesterday and he was honest enough to say "I'll look at myself tonight and decide whether what I'm doing is right or if it's good enough. If it's not, get someone else in". Lennon should do likewise and long before yesterday but given his stubborn and blame everyone else nature there is no chance of him walking. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind the players do not want to play for him. His team selections, "tactics", substitutions are baffling to say the least. His motivational skills are to constantly hang the players out to dry but he is exempt from any criticism. He has lost the plot.

Rory Gielty and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  2. Bonobhoy

What other manager do you know off that has walked out and he has a right to do this? He wont,its up to the board,they placed him here,they must remove him.

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If it's Gordon Strachan, then fine- Lennon has been replaced by an experienced, solid manager. But I'd rather keep Lennon than let Kennedy try and fix the mess. In that case however, new coaches must be brought in.

cat123 likes this.
  4. oh bhoy

MON football and tactics are a thing of beauty compared to whatever the * is supposed to be happening now

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm out....not wasting another jot of finger using energy on wankish * useless pish patter like that. Another example of patter from people on forums that I have never heard from the thousands and thousands of Celtic fans I meet and know in real life.

Gabriel, Dannybhoy81 and cat123 like this.
  6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Bye bye

7. john2061

If I know the board they will look at the cheap options again and if Lennon goes there's someone I hope they are not looking at he's got managers experience and he's Scottish and a exceltic player .
    That name is Malky Mckay who was made unemployed this week I'm * hope I'm wrong .

8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I tend to agree with this, even though we are still a big club, chance to showcase any potential coaches abilities on the highest stage, Lawell will generally look for someone he can manipulate. The thing is Desmond obviously feels Lawell is doing a good job so he'll be here long after Lennon and possibly our next manager leaves.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  9. Bonobhoy

This is my main fear.

Lennons lost the dressing room,but some of the players are shocking. If they aint playing for the club they can leave as well,i dont want players deciding when they want to play for Celtic,because they dont like a manager,they have a job to do,and they have fans to acknowledge and play for.

johnfife1959 and cat123 like this.
  10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Only partially. Laxalt is definitely trying, not maybe for Lennon, but he might want to stay here and play regular football. Elyounoussi is showing his class at least every other game. Also, I think Elhamed would give his 100%. Lennon is insisting on Frimpong, though.:54:

cat123, Peej and Bonobhoy like this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Seriously, what are you on about?

Of course the players aren't putting the effort in, but it is literally up to the manager to figure out why that is and fix it.

Clear as day the players have given up playing or him (we can debate the professionalism of that all day long and we would be in agreement) but end of the day, the manager needs to find out why they aren't, find out what they want/need (it's not all about money in this case) and implement the changes, be it fitness, training, formations, team selection, man management issues, anything he needs to be the one to figure it out and change it.

But he doesn't, he can't even admit he is the one in charge of this squad let alone admit he is the one in the wrong here and the one with this responsibility.

I honestly don't think he understand what his actual job is.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah, you know what mate you’re absolutely correct.

I’ll change my ways and rephrase...

By Jove Neil this cannot be tolerated anymore.

Utter drivel upon thy eyes, but don’t be offended you handsome devil you!

Let’s all hold hands and sing Kumbaya and hopefully when you lose us 10iar it might come together.

Don’t worry about those pesky swines calling you a carrot for Jehovah’s sake, they are just nincompoops who don’t have a clue

you go right ahead mate and slag all the players you want and take absolutely no share of the blame whatsoever, you’re doing a Sterling job. It’s all that * board’s fault anyway, how dare they back you financially!

Anyways, keep the faith, hail hail, you’ll never walk alone...

Keano88 and Bobo_ like this.
  13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He is being hung out to dry now. Clearly something has happened and he's lost it (and, let's be brutally honest, something happened towards the end at Hibs too). Perhaps it's something similar. By keeping him on, it has been causing a lot of his past to be rewritten and his character to be attacked. It's painful even to watch. Folk saying he's a terrible manager (his record, both here and at Hibs utterly refutes that) or that he's selfish, a liar, or implying he's a coward (all absolute nonsense). Some of the comments are a disgrace, even from people I ordinarily like.

I do feel that Lawwell is hurting him badly by not ending it. It should be done, like it was with Ronny, using a face-saving "mutual agreement".

I know that must seem a bit rich from me, given that I wanted to keep him unreservedly until Prague and still thought he should be given time until yesterday; but that is caused by my mistakes in understanding the situation and possibly my unwillingness to see what was happening in front of me. I don't think anyone could accuse Lawwell of not knowing what he's doing or having rose-tinted glasses. He's just hanging lenny out to dry.

I do wonder what has gone wrong. His superb points record over an entire season and a half cannot be put down to luck or Rodgers. He clearly did a very good job. It's so eerily similar to how he did a fantastic job but then blew it at Hibs. I know it's total speculation, but I can't help wondering if he's lost the dressing room in the same way. Did he lose his temper at Eddy or something daft like that?

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

charlietully, Maestro 08 and cat123 like this.
  14. Bonobhoy

Outstanding,everyones favourite court jester is back.

By * we missed your wit.

Senna s1979 and Random Review like this.
  15. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Not being funny but there is no evidence NL has lost the dressing room.

There is more evidence that players have lost faith in Celtic. Remember they had defered wages and some of them wanted away. They are playing in front of no fans too so they are mostly only seeing club officials with no real fan contact.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is get it up you to PL more than anything.

A lot of the players down tools under BR at certain points too. I think he left for Leceister as he could see the writing was on the wall with regards to the team he had built losing dominance.

There was also the big fall out with Dembele before he left and Ntcham has never quite been the same player.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  16. Bonobhoy

Exactly but the board MUST remove him,he wont walk and has the right to do that.

The frustration should be at the board more than Lennon here,they should have stepped in 2 weeks ago,they havent,so Lennon attempts to do his job,but it aint working for him.

17. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The 1st thing we need is to make scoring against us hard as * bcoz every team look like scoring against us without breaking sweat, we need Jullien back asap bcoz right now our back 4 consists of 2 midfielders and a right winger. Bring elhamed in to right back and play frimpong in front of him, drop broonie and bring Christie in beside McGregor or bring in another centre half to play beside Jullien and push ajer into browns position then decide if it's Christie or rogic for the position in behind eduard. Sort the * defence out and then score instead of going behind and chasing games.

cat123 and Bonobhoy like this.
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

Well thank you for that warm welcome...

Anyhoo, back to reality. Where exactly are these “hun-like” comments? I’ve no seen anyone calling him a bead rattling * *?

Do you sit and wag your finger at folk calling those on the park names if/when you go to the fitba, or in a pub watching games etc?

You must be really, really sensitive by the sounds of things...

19. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    You know what...the more I think about it the more of take Kennedy at this moment in time.....just to see if he's got anything.... which I very much doubt.
    The league is gone anyway...nowt to lose.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh ffs, so Rogers ran back to England because the players chucked it? Really? SERIOUSLY????????????

Some of you folk honestly live in a fantasy land full of rainbows and marshmallows

Lewis Kerr and SuperZidane like this.