1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Diego Laxalt!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Oct 5, 2020.

Discuss Diego Laxalt! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

It has to be a wind up surely? :giggle1:

He has been absolutely fantastic for us defensively.

As @Officer Doofy said the only thing that has been lacking is his final ball at times going forward so how the * someone is criticising his defending which has been the best part of his game for us so far I will never know.

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

You spelled "twats" wrong mate

FranceCelt and Marty McFly like this.
  3. celtic warrior

Don't think it's any coincidence that now this guy is settled in the 11 and picking up fitness and form each game that we were also seeing Elyounoussi smashing in goals.

Laxalt is a class player, great in a tackle, good aggressive streak and has no problem in getting stuck into the opposition. As a defender he's probably the best LB the club has had in recent years.

In an attacking sense, there feels like there is still more to come, it looks like with each passing game he's getting more and more confident and willing to take on a player and press forward.

When he's fully ready, he's going to be devastating domestically. If there is either a slither of hope of signing him we need to do it at all costs.

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That's not a highlight, lol.

He was total pish today.

6. shieldsybhoy

Were we watching the same game? One of the few, perhaps only, pass marks today.

7. JamesM09

His positioning is horrendous. Don't know where the * he's going half the time.

I blame the coaches and the manager for that though because he's not the only player with the issue, just the worst.

I think he's just trying to do everything in the game to make a success of it. It's the * wild west on the pitch most of the time.

It's like school football when *'s just said "Am gawn up front mate... nae both I'll stay back fur a bit". * wild.

I think the players are just told the formation and their position and that's it. Nearly burst out laughing when Lennon says he thinks he's giving them too much information.

FrankMcCallum and The Dude like this.
  8. oh bhoy

He should be played at lm and Greg * Taylor brought in at lb because elyounoussi is creating * all for the strikers we have the same problem on the right with Christie playing there Lennon hasn't a * clue.nice goal from laxalt today

9. JamesM09

Thing is Laxalt and Elyounoussi aren't working together at all.

If Laxalt would just stay wide then when Elyounoussi floats inside the space will open up, but usually Laxalt is * around in the middle of the park and McGregor is playing as a covering LB.

It's a * shambles, but we're told by some player effort is the problem.

oh bhoy likes this.
  10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No, perfectly.fine stream, he was pish.

11. shieldsybhoy

I possibly overestimate other people's knowledge of football on here.

12. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Really noticed this today. He came inside so much which meant it was even more congested and no out ball on the left. Even when we didn’t have the ball! I feel he’s doing too much and arguably doesn’t trust his teammates around him.(don’t blame him tbh)
    However, this boils down to management. Lenny has to tell him to stay wide, if not take him off and put Taylor on.
    I remember Thierry Henry gave an interview about guardiola when he was at Barca: Henry got subbed after scoring a goal and Henry said to pep why you taking me off, I’m on fire here, and Peps reply was you’re not staying wide like I told you to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

He wasn't pish at all FFS. One of our better players today, and during his short stay here so far.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. northeast67

One of the best players in the team, hopefully we can keep him some folk need to stop going over the top with a bad pass? He's been class since coming in. Positioning seems more of in issue with the whole team and that's coming from training. Pathetic at set pieces and that pen today.

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    People are at the madam if they honestly believe he was "pish" today. He was out best player today and gave 100% till the last minute.

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He was one of our best players ffs.

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Diego Laxalt's loan to Celtic could become a long-term destination for the Milan fullback. Laxalt has played regularly for the Scottish team and with the positive signs continuing to follow, the two clubs could soon begin talks for his future. Starting in December as Celtic visits Milan in the Europa League the sides could begin to discuss a permanent move. Celtic for their part seems more convinced to continue with Laxalt. Milan over the past few months showed interest in defender Kristoffer Ajer who remains at Celtic and in the rossoneri's targets.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/lax...t-celtic-contacts-with-milan-could-begin-soon

18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What are Laxalts biggest strengths? For me it's his ability to tackle and stop attacks. For this reason I'd be training him as a CDM.

A bit of ingenuity by a good manager who can see possible solutions and react to what's in front of him would not be afraid to take a chance like that. I think it would suit him.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just shows how bad we were.

If you could put yourself watching this again, watch Ajer constantly at him.for leaving too much space. Ball bouncing over his foot and out of play, countless bad final balls (his final ball is * like JF BTW).

Goal or not he was pish, maybe the rest were *( guess that's worse). Only Ajer came out with any credence again and he wants offski.

He's been alright tenacious in the tackle, I like him but he ain't the greatest going forward.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Away and play mine craft ya crazy *. :giggle1:

PaulM1888 and dbhoy72 like this.