1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

Interesting mood overall in here (and the post match thread) tonight... not the anger you’d maybe expect... just a Sense of apathy and us fans resigned to the same Celtic coming back after the international break and the implications of more dropped points..

Unfortunately that’s the only ‘resignations’ happening in Celtic-land tonight. :87:

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I nearly felt sorry for Meath... Nearly:67:

ddub11 likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Fair enough. To be clear I'm not saying he was hungover all the time, but there's no doubt in my mind we lacked professionalism under Lennon. Either way that's not the debate I'm trying to have right now. Let's park the discussion on why Deila was being brought in as his assistant.

All I'm saying is I think the fact Deila was being forced upon him in place of Mjallby was, to my mind, the main reason he took the hump and left Celtic, rather than the perceived lack of transfer backing which many of the fans just seemed to decide was gospel (although of course it probably played some part, too). Lennon at that time doesn't seem the type to have taken Deila well, especially since at that time Lennon was a big success at Celtic.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  4. ddub11

Point is were not steamrolling team we should be and maybe its down to complacency by the players.

If players knew they,d be dropped if their standards drop or there was a lack of desire from them then perhaps we may see an overall improvement.

We only have to look at the like of Turnbull,sorro, etc who we have at our disposal and dont seem to be considered good enough, i mean how bad does it have to get before we see some fresh faces
    You must be on the beer mate........spillane tried to big them up before the game ....talking * he was.

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I remember laughing at Gerrard when he continiously threw players under the bus when he first came in. Now Lennon is doing it every week, jesus wept.

Peej and thailandceltic like this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Kind of how I feel in honesty.

Seasons quickly slipping away from us and our response from players and manager alike has been largely passive. We didn’t make the necessary changes when we should’ve, and I don’t believe we’ll make them in time for us to turn things around and have a live chance in the league.

Peej and thailandceltic like this.
  7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lennon is looking out for number one.. simple as that mate

8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I am sick of people thinking if you criticise the manager you are a "Neil Lennon hater". I will never hate Neil Lennon but it's my right as a supporter to criticise him and/or any member of the team or board if I think they are being incompetent. Unfortunately, each and everyone of the them, from the board down to the manager and players have been incompetent and deserve criticism. We are not forelock tugging subservient huns who would accept any old SMSM inspired * and, as a result, have seen their team being well and truly taken to the cleaners by a line of conmen. No, we are fans who are worried about our team and only want what's best for the team. If that means sacking our manager then so be it and if he truly is a Celtic man, he will know it's for the best.

akadexter and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We limp on and stumble from one game to another, this isn't a healthy situation, for us or for Lenny.

The Board should've recognised early doors that it would be a mistake to allow Lenny to continue, no manager should survive the kind of results and performances we have seen so far.

Lenny isn't capable of turning things around, he isn't the man for the job.

Sgt Neppers* and JamesM09 like this.
  10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No mate..on baby sitting duty.. remember when Dublin v Meath was an occasion.. long gone now.. Spillane in fairness has to try big a game up, said afterwards this was Best team ever..cant be easy for him to say that

11. JamesM09

I would agree the 10 doesn't matter to most of the players but I would also argue the fact it doesn't matter to them doesn't actually matter either.

This season isn't any harder for our players than others. Hibs weren't trying harder today to 'stop the 10'. They don't give a * either. The only team that could really be a lot more motivated is the huns.

I also don't see lack of effort as being the big problem here either. I think the management just hasn't been good enough and that's why we're not doing well.

That being said, I think they might begin to down tools now if they've lost faith in the coaching, but I think up until this point they've genuinely given as much as they always give.

Like when we lost to Ferencvaros, does anyone think the players couldn't give a * about that game?

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What was the quote I read earlier about

"I don't know if I'm giving them too much info, or not enough"

Was this genuine? Like seriously came out his gub?

13. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I think that's so much worse and more damaging than anger, the sense of resignation that it's just become expected as the new normal...

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Didn't see/hear it, but i wouldnt' be surprised in the slightest if this absolute moon-howler did say something of the like...

Peej and Marty McFly like this.
  15. JamesM09

That one perplexed me too. Honestly Lennon is an intelligent man, I think he's clocked that people are noticing the players aren't being coached or organised and he's trying to get ahead of it by saying things like this. I vaguely remember he said something similar before.

Either way, he's not going to get away with it. One or two players might be a bit daft and can't follow instruction, but every player looks genuinely clueless right now. That means it's the coaches.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's essentially like a Trumpism. Like when someone asks Trump why they aren't cutting taxes for poorer people, "We're cutting so much taxes, actually it might be too much taxes, no ones ever cut so much taxes as us, it's really great".

Jeannie960, kramer1 and Marty McFly like this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If a manager cannot get results or performances then his post match comments carry no weight, whatever way you want to dress it up our performances are nowhere near good enough, Lenny just isn't making any sense, i don't even think the players are listening to him.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  17. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    He is losing the plot now and it’s way past time he was put out of his misery. It’s a shame to see a guy like Lenny struggling like this.
    Lawwell should be ashamed of how this has panned out.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I know it might not mean much and I am no expert but I think the body language from some of the players since the start of the season has been telling. This is particularly evident when we score. There's no real enjoyment in the player's faces or players really celebrating when we score. Big Eddy and N'cham are probably the worst for this and it may be the lack of the crowd but compare it with other teams celebrations (especially the huns) and you'll notice the difference. You only have to look back at the individual celebrations of players such as Lustig, Larsson and Sutton etc. when they scored for us. I know there are a lot of fans saying the current foreigners don't understand the importance of getting the ten but those players I mentioned previously were all foreign players who "got what it meant to play for Celtic" and will always be remembered as Celtic greats.

JamesM09 likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think people are just gutted . It's been 9 years of hard work, this is the last hurdle, we're * it up and it should never have been allowed to happen.