1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

I don't know about this. If he wanted Lennon out for selfish reasons, well I don't think anyone coming in would give him a game.

If he wants Lennon out because he knows the team is finished with him then I think he would go to Lennon or straight to Lawwell / Desmond and make that clear.

2. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    He's a complete myth always has been pains me to say it and admit to myself but he's a limited footballer always has been and has let us down a bagful a * of a * lot

Breathnach67 likes this.
  3. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Take it this is your first season watching Celtic? Don’t give me that pish, he’s been * this season but he’s been instrumental in everything we’ve achieved the past 10 years

Slaw and thailandceltic like this.
  4. Paul McAuley

Doubt it mate

5. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    He has been absolutely phenomenal for us...but unfortunately his time is up!

6. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    How has he? He had a couple of very good seasons under Rodgers other than that in 12 years here he's never been outstanding. Lets call a spade a spade. Longevity and loyalty yes. Quality player, no.

Say for example the treble treble you could say without the likes of sinclair, rogic, dembele we might not have achieved that, never in a million years would i say we wouldn't have without brown.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  7. northeast67

Don't care how bad a mistake he made Lennon shouldn't be on TV blaming him on TV, hes lost his marbles now! Time to go lennon, browns got the rest of the season at most

8. Pearse67*

Brown shouldnt be near the first team, any decent manager sees that ffs.

9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Something is far wrong with brooney. He would run thro walls for the team. I know he's aging but he just doesn't look even remotely like himself. I think if Lennon is feeling the pressure he will start put it on others. He's arrogant and everyone is to blame bar him. Can't be much fun in that dressing room.

10. JamesM09

I think it's mostly age but I think Brown will also have a good deal of arrogance about how badly he's playing. I don't think he would agree that he's just about finished now at our level. He might even feel Lennon's making him a scapegoat by subbing him and dropping him.

To be fair that's just my speculation so it could be way off. The reason I think that is the few times I've spoke to ex-pros they all tended to say the same thing, that they didn't know they were finished until well after it was over. It seems when you've played that many games and always been first choice, it's a very hard thing to accept. It comes out of nowhere.

11. Maestro 08

Ajer looks more passionate than Brown these days. He should have been down the throat of a few players after that 2nd goal and leading the charge from the front. The passionate finger pointing in the pre match huddle is all for show by the looks of it. Once the whistle goes he's got next to zero influence. That's both as a player and a leader. He honestly doesn't look like he fancies it anymore. Is he not playing for the manger or is it he's too embarrassed by his own performances.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I agree with you mate. A loyal player and a great pro, but yea quite limited as a player. His one great attribute that very much came to the fore and was instrumental in the Rodgers years was his engine and drive, but that seems to have all but left him now. Even at that, he was often well out of his depth in the Rodgers seasons in big European games. The Zenit away game is the first example that springs to mind, a time we needed our leader to step up to the plate. All in he’s been a fantastic servant and captain and an integral part of the last 9 years, but he’s finished now and we shouldn’t be guaranteeing him a starting place as a sort of old pals act. It’s another example of Lennon being too loyal to certain players to the detriment of the team.

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  13. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Brown will be better going down south and helping a bottom of the league championship team fight relegation

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Dont think they fancy being relegated though.

15. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    I know I'm 45 and nowhere near a professional footballer these days, but after the Covid lockdown and 6 months without playing my legs have fallen off a cliff, to the point where I'm considering chucking it to save myself from embarrassment. And that's just French sunday league football. The margins must be far tighter at pro level, and I think a similar dropping off must have happened to Scott.

16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I wouldn’t play Broony again this season, unless we have no other option.

Rydo1888*, neilly1987 and Valhalla like this.
  17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Always been willing to give Broony the time to get some momentum going, in the hope that he'll do his usual i.e. getting better the more minutes he has in his legs. But I think now it's time to leave him out, and I mean for good.

Not just leaving him out here and there, or various sub appearances, I mean properly leave him out and give a different midfield 3 a chance to form an understanding.

The guy is done.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  18. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Made an absolute * of it for the penalty. And I cant understand why he did that.

But he had a good game up until that

19. mayo

Needs dropped. Saying it for weeks. I’d play Ajer there when Julien gets fit or Laxalt but don’t want Taylor at lb again.

20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Was clear the other week in an interview where he said if the manager wants him to play he’ll keep doing his best. Think he knows himself he doesn’t have the pace or energy anymore to play every game or even the important games. Think he needs to take himself out of the equation, he’d probably be more use being a coach for the squad now since he is a leader.