1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    have a look at the next 7 domestic fixtures and seriously tell me where we will slip up?

2. JamesM09

With the way we are playing we could drop points in any of those games.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  3. Lewis Kerr

10 in a row is crumbling and burning down right in front of us, all because those in charge don't have the bottle or competence to do what needs to be done.

Me and many others have been saying it for months now. This cannot go on any longer. Nothing personal Lenny, club legend of course, but look at what the * is happening man.

4. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    Not for me

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The international break was the perfect time to get someone new in and a bit of time to at least have a look at the players at his disposal before the game today, but as usual our board will be too slow to react. We've managed to turn 9 seasons of potential CL income into a massive swing in the opposite direction.

They win the league and qualify for the CL next season, we fall behind for years. What a * farce.

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Lenny seems to have lost the dressing room for whatever reason so it’s time to move on Neil , sorry buddy .

7. ddub11

You really have that much confidence in this lot?

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON admits the pressure will mount on him if his side continue to play the way they are.

The Hoops boss also singled out captain Scott Brown for his part in conceding a penalty for the opening goal.

Celts needed an injury-time equaliser from Diego Laxalt to rescue a point after falling 2-0 down before the hour mark.

Lennon questioned some of his side's attitude and accused them of being lazy.

He also admitted that some may have lost their hunger in recent weeks and has called on them to get it back, and quickly.

Speaking to BBC at full-time, he said: "It was exciting but really disappointed with the goals we gave away just totally unnecessary. I thought we had decent control in the game but again we lacked a bit of oomph and our final ball was poor.

We worked the keeper a couple of times but for the amount of ball we had we were not penetrating enough. Then we had a brain freeze for 5/10 minutes. A really poor decision from Scott, not sure where that came from.

"Then a really awful second goal, just lazy then not tracking the run. Then for 25 minutes we found our mojo and played really well and got back in the game and got that point, which is probably not enough at the minute.

We need more and the players need to have a look at that. And go ‘why can't we put that together for the 90 rather than save it for 20 minutes, it is a mindset thing more than anything else.

"It is awful, awful, it is just people standing watching. And whether he wins the header or not, you need to go with the runner, and we gave him far too much room to get the shot off. It is slack as anything."

Mounting pressure is heaping on Lennon after a string of below-par performances.

And the Celtic boss believes that pressure won't go away if they continue the form they have showed.

He added: "It is laziness, a lack of concentration, we need to be far more on point with their defending. Maybe they have lost a bit of hunger.

"The need to get that back quickly. I saw a lot of it in the last 20 minutes but we gave ourselves too much to do to win the game with defending on that.

"It will do if we keep getting results like that. We have to accept that and if there is any criticism of the performance today then I can't defend that. We will all have to accept it."

9. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Lennon is a celtic legend, and gives me no please wanting him sacked, but it has to happen. When you look at it player for player, there is no way we should be behind the huns, therefore that comes down to the management.

We have no intensity, our shape is all over the place, our best starting line up and formation still seems like a mystery to him and the team look unfit.

The lack of organisation and tactics on and off the ball is frightening.

Even down to things like today, its an on loan huns player who scores and tommorow Aberdeen will be weakened because one of their best players is an on loan huns player who can't play. (Something the huns would have looked at when deciding to loan these players instead of selling them) We have about a million players we could have punted on loan to other teams in Scotland which would have strengthend them against them and weakened them against us, Lennon and the management team just aren't going into the details that are needed in modern football. We need a change.

10. JamesM09

I commend your confidence. The thing is, we will ultimately find out when the games are played.

I think we can both agree that winning those games, winning the cup final and beating the Huns is the bare minimum requirement now.

As an aside, I think in all honesty the fact Celtic are now essentially writing off European football is the reason Lennon won't (or at least shouldn't) be here next season regardless of what happens domestically now.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny's post match comments, just more utter nonsense, it's sad that this is being allowed to continue.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He’s * delusional.

Sgt Neppers* and The Prof like this.
  13. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Couldn't even read it same regurgitated bollocks

14. CountyDownFaithful

Not sure how anyone can defend him. He’s become indefensible. Just do us a favour and resign. If not, Lawwell do your job.

Gyp Rosetti and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  15. CountyDownFaithful

Yup, he’s just adding to the frustration with his comments. He’s really not doing himself any favours.

16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Who does Lennon think is not playing for him?

Hard to tell who's not trying and who is just not working out at the moment.

17. Dubliner1

I've said before Neil has to get rid of 4 players from the first team squad. Get them out the door now. He knows who they are and so do the rest of the squad. It's going to be too late and Neil you will be the one who is going to be leaving. The damage may now be unrepairable.

18. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Leagues lost. No faith in him to turn it around. If we somehow win it got a feeling it won't be because of him.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The season so far has been a * of embarrassing performances, results, managerial decisions and post match comments, we don't have the divine right to continue to win everything, but it's hard to believe where we are right now and how far backwards we have went.

20. oh bhoy

Why tha * has he not been sacked yet ,we are going * nowhere with him in charge .if the * who gave him the job can't see that they need the road too.I'd be amazed if we are in double figures for shots inside the box this season,no shape or style ,can't defend ,creating * all .he should never have got the job but how in Christ's name has he survived this long?!!