1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticdawg

Cant defend him anymore he has to go , none of us have a clue what hes trying to do and that includes the players !!
    Playing broony week after week has finally caught up with him , if we can see it how the * cant he ? Frimpong is a talent but will never be a right back , play him further forward but get el hamed in at least hes a defender ffs .
    Team selections have been woeful not helped by the amount of dumb mistakes that have killed us , todays one was a disgrace from broony

Wee Baldy likes this.
  2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Probably :56:

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think the figures still show he did a good job in both spells until this season. But I was completely wrong about this season. He's lost it this season. For whatever reason, he's lost it.

My instinct is still to give him time, but that would probably mean no 10. So I totally understand if that's the end of the road for him here.

What an awful * year this is.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

2 wins in 8 is beyond belief.

Any other manager in the world and he’s gone by now. But because it’s Neil Francis Lennon.

And much of it is down to * idiotic, delusional fans who can’t bring themselves to criticise “Celtic men”. It’s * weird.

dmccourt95 likes this.
  5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly keeping my eyes open for folk heading to the stadium for a protest. Obviously there's a lockdown but if there are people going I'll certainly be there.

6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    It's no risk whatsoever...the league is finished anyway.

Twisty and dmccourt95 like this.
  7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We can look at the players, but for me Lenny has made far too many managerial mistakes this season, he has to go.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

No point covering old ground but it's sickening that he was even in the dugout today should have been chased a long time ago

We've now left it to late the huns take 3 points tomorrow and the party is over * disgraceful that in the biggest season of our lives we have never even got close to going

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The discussion has to be had now with Desmond, we are stumbling with no light at the end of the tunnel despite having the best squad in the country by miles.

10. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If there were signs we were learning from our mistakes or trying to change it wouldn't be so bad and there'd be some hope but watching us this season is like groundhog day. No point stating all the issues again, we're just gonna have to sit back and await the inevitable.

11. CountyDownFaithful

Quickly losing all respect for him. He let all of the bad performances at the start of the season slip and tried to pass them off as good performances in his interviews. He then said the criticism of him was unfair when it clearly wasn’t and said he didn’t know where the Sparta result came from despite how rotten we have been all season. He needs to walk.

Peej likes this.
  12. DonnyCelt

Does anybody still belive we'll win 10IAR?

Even with a change of manager its gone I think!!!

* sickening beyond belief its CELTIC that have cos us the 10!!!

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    What about Brown being poor all season, yet continues to be picked?
    What about constantly picking Duffy till today?
    What about wrongly dropping the keeper, then sticking by someone who has shipped 13 goals in 7 games when Barkas has much better stats?
    What about starting no striker, while two was on the bench to Hungarian no marks (no offence Ferncravos)
    What about gutless performances against the huns, Milan, Prague, Aberdeen, Hibs?
    What about being 8pts behind a * hun team with a game in hand?
    What about the constant blaming anything but himself?
    What about the admitting he does not review matches, win lose or draw?
    What about the dramatic drop in energy levels and fitness over the last 18 months?

None of this Lennons fault?

All for admitting Edouard looks massively disinterested and off form, if he has issues with the manager or something, sure he and others should be more professional about it. But equally, we have a duty of care to these players (and our fans sanity) to actually take care of these guys wellbeing in regards their fitness, health, their career development. We are offering * all to these players, so it is no wonder some have looked to have given up playing at 100% for us.
    End of the day, the results are absolutely * poor, we are at best 5 points behind the huns with no signs of getting things better. More likely to be 10+ behind them come new year.

Yet some are still trying to justify that the manager is not at fault and deserves more time.

freitassen likes this.
  14. JamesM09

It would be interesting to know if a replacement has at least been sounded out in case things started to deteriorate any more. No one can say with any confidence we won’t drop more points in the next few games.

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Spot on M8

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think it is still saveable, because if we did go on a run, unbeaten, we can still have this in our hands. I do believe the huns will drop points, I do not believe they are automatically going to implode though.

But I do not believe this current manager and coaches have it in them to change it to make it happen. It needs fresh eyes, fresh ideas.

17. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

The time to do it was before the international break. The board are taking too long here.

Peej and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  18. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We don't have the best squad by miles and at this moment are struggling to put together a half-decent starting XI. It pains me to give sevco any credit but they are much stronger than us in every area right now.

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    There are times when changing management is a risk. This isn't one of them, the league is getting to the point of no return. We are out of the Europa league (or as good as).

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Aye, we do.