1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Nov 20, 2020.

Discuss The January Window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WhitleyCelt

GK, LW and RW.

Jullien will be back soon so I’m not too worried about the CB position. Duffy will be ok for the smaller games and will help give them both a rest but for the big games Ajer/Jullien all the way. I must admit I didn’t realise how good they were until Duffy come along.....

Barkas the same, ok for smaller games but nae good for the big games. I would also push the boat out for FF. Normally I wouldn’t entertain someone who acted like he did in the summer but at this moment he could be the difference in winning 10.

Moi isn’t a natural Left Winger and Christie isn’t a natural Right Winger. It’s a botch up job and absolutely criminal that Lennon allowed us to go into the season knowingly without reserves ready to push into the team in those positions. If Moi gets injured we really are * as he’s the only one firing on all cylinders at the minute.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Elyounoussi being moved back to the left wing has coincided with an improvement in his form. He’s better there than as a striker.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    combative cm. Broony's done and doesn't look like Soro is gonna get a chance.

send Duffy back to vrighton, bring 8n a CV, mibbes a right winger too.

that being said we don't really need any new personnel.

if Lennon can't win this league with the current squad he needs to be * neutered

JamesM09 likes this.
  4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Overused statement which never seemed to affect anyone in the club, whenever it was said.

Barkas maaaaaybe comes good, but Duffy's image has been tainted beyond repair.

I agree on the assessment of striker options and the need for a CDM. I'd add two CB-s, because Ajer might or might not stay, and I am nearly certain Duffy's loan won't be renewed.

5. DonnyCelt

New CB and more importantly for me get Laxalt on a permanent.

6. Tomas

Some suggestions here are mental, get rid of Turnbull and Soro ffs. These 2 can feature prominently in second half of the season. Brown must be "rested" more often and we are likely to lose one or two players like Ntcham and possibly Christie but we need a squad to see the season out. Players coming back from injury in the New year , like Forrest and Mikey Johnstone will propel us to 10 iar, let's get behind the team, hopefully in the ground? Fingers crossed. Hail Hail

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That could literally be the difference between the ten and not in my genuine opinion. Is it a possibility?

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

There would need to be a lot of pride swallowed.

9. Foley1888

It will be down to two things, the first does FF want that and second the finances, would Lawwell sanction it given the investment in Barkas.

Southampton wouldn’t be an issue any money they would want would simply be to go towards a pay off as he will now have 18months left on his deal if it was a permanent, alternatively a loan they would be happy to get some of his big wage covered.

Lenny would jump at the opportunity if it came up, it’s clear he doesn’t seem to fully trust either of his options just now.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    CM and Winger.

We badly need someone to play alongside McGregor if we’re going to play Christie further forward and we need a winger with pace who can carry the ball and get us up the park.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    By both sides. But I do agree with the comment of @Random Review.

Forster is just that * good. He's amongst the better shot stoppers in the world, and yet, he's not getting a look in at Southampton. Hearing he was apparently not responding to Lennon's calls this summer definitely brought him down in my eyes, though.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    What's the point in buying anyone this window?. They obviously won't be fit enough to play until next season:67:

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    By him or by us? Or both? Genuine question, I don't know the details of what happened.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If it comes down to money, we have to pay it. It's just 6 months and 6 months that, for good or ill, are going to be up there in importance with any in our history.

15. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    We desperately need a right winger. Dunno why most people are not mentioning this

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We need one right now, but by the time the window starts, Forrest will be coming back.

17. StevieBhoooy!

I don’t think our board/club will spend anything on transfers in January ... so calling for this position and that position to be filled is going to be pretty pointless. If we are in such a position in terms of points that we need shoring up then it’s the managers position that needs filled.

I do think that (even with the covid impact) we should have gone heavy on it to make sure there was no doubt in getting to 10... we might have a business model but sometimes it needs broken and not having the balls to do so can far more detrimental ..... especially when the opposition, authorities and damned luck are out to do their best to stop you.

We did have a good summer spend but the impact in the team builds over time and it’s seasons beyond that show the true impact.

We also have a situation where our financial power in terms of fees and wages is beyond our pulling power for players... as FF has demonstrated sling with a few other ‘targets’.

For me all that matters is winning the league THIS season... right now I’m not bothered who is there for 21/22 as long as we win.

The club needs a full refresh from then anyway and after making history would be the right time.

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

The Barkas situation should become pretty clear over the next few weeks.

I don't doubt his quality at all but if the guys no settled here, do what's best for both parties. We should have a buyer and a replacement lined up in good time for Jan

19. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    We need quality cover or somebody who can challenge him though. That's my point

20. Mince.Charming

Is Alan Campbell any good ? I've seen him linked with us before. We really need a battling defensive centre mid.

Forster on loan, Let Barkas find his arms.

Would take a punt on Gallagher too.
    Maybe a right back and move Frimpong to a winger.

Sell Ntcham.