1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kerr McInroy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JML67, Sep 22, 2020.

Discuss Kerr McInroy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Foley1888

Making a quick impact then all be it against Spartans in a friendly. Felt Kerr could have had an impact in the SPL on loan.

Hopefully he can boss it at Dunfermline and come back with decent experience of first team football.

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Spartans actually have the most players of any club in Scotland. They have a squad of 300.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully another goal for him.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

62 minutes for him today Dunfermline won 1-0

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

How’s he getting on against hearts tonight.

Anyone know

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They can't handle him..

Too strong and energetic..

Almost scored a cracker and one of his usuals there..

Brilliant to see McInroy like this. So much promise before injury..

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Positive news.

good to see him doing well

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's there on loan?

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. Dubliner1

This lad was superb tonight. Very strong and athletic.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Once they got their noses in front, the Pars never looked like losing their lead as they ran out 2-1 winners at East End Park to go top of the Championship table and earn their first league victory over the title favourites for 16 years.

Celtic loanee McInroy was at the heart of everything the Fifers did on the night, dominating the middle of the park alongside Steven Whittaker.

The 20-year-old, making only the sixth first-team appearance of his career, battled hard and was extremely physical with more experienced direct opponents Andy Halliday, Steven Naismith and Olly Lee.

Just seconds into the contest, in fact, the Parkhead youngster launched into a thunderous challenge on Lee to set the tone for the occasion.

McInroy demonstrates potential as box-to-box threat
    He won 75% of his duels and made five interceptions on Friday evening, leading his team in both categories, an important contribution in a game where Dunfermline surrendered 67% possession to the Jambos.

Crucially, he also recovered the ball well for his team, winning it back 14 times – six of those in the Hearts half to keep the pressure on.

The Pars youngster is among the top 20 midfielders in the league for defensive duels won and recoveries, demonstrating his abilities as a box-to-box player.

McInroy’s heat map shows he was all over the pitch for Stevie Crawford’s men.

And it’s been that way all season as the Pars have enjoyed an unbeaten start in the second tier.

On the other side of the coin, the Scotland U/21 star showed maturity belying his tender years to dictate the tempo and threaten Craig Gordon in the away net.

The left-footer laid on the assist for Dom Thomas’ deflected opener with a highly-imaginative flick and fired in three shots of his own.

Albeit all of them flew wide, two very narrowly, he showed great intent to effect the game positively for his side, being the Pars third-biggest goal threat on the night with 0.12 xG (expected goals).

For the campaign to date, McInroy has taken the ninth-most shots of any midfielder in the league, averaging over two per game and showing he’s not afraid to have a pop at goal.

He showed the way in successful actions, too, with 55% of everything he did coming off only bettered by young defender Lewis Mayo for the hosts.

That he was not afraid to try things made the Hoops kid stand out and, although he wasn’t the most accurate passer at 68%, he made positive balls forward.

McInroy played only two passes backwards out of 22 attempted, completing 15 in total, of which most were positive, long or forward.

Can kid fill Celtic captain Scott Brown’s boots?
    It seems McInroy has a bright future ahead of him and is already benefitting hugely from getting senior minutes on loan in the Championship.

That can only be a good thing for Dunfermline and his parent club Celtic.

It’s no secret that Celts captain Scott Brown, albeit still very influential in the East End of Glasgow, is on his way out.

If he continues to perform the way he is, there’s no reason why McInroy can’t go back to Parkhead and stake a claim to be filling his boots one day as he looks of a very similar ilk.

This is a player with huge potential and, already, great talent at first-team level. He drew praise post match from manager Crawford and mentor Whittaker for his contribution so far.

Crawford said: “Kerr was a player I seen a good few years ago in a reserve game and I think he’s got a cultured left foot and, physically, he’s not frightened of the game at this level as well.

“He’s very good on the ball in terms of his weight of pass and vision.”

Experienced former Hibs, Rangers and Scotland man Whittaker was also impressed by the young prospect, adding: “Kerr was fantastic on Friday night. I’ve known about him for a while and I’m just glad he’s getting the platform to show his abilities.

“It’s just the usual, we expect that from him because we know he’s a good player so I’m sure he’ll continue to get his chance to impress.”

Those stats and comments should encourage a young man hoping to one day make an impression in green and white, even if it is still too soon.

It seems he’ll continue to get chances to shine in the black and white of Dunfermline this term, however.

Going by Friday night’s performance, the Pars need him as much as he needs them.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spo...roy-dunfermline-celtic-hearts-analysis-stats/

NomDePlum and callumrae1967 like this.
  12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Brilliant to see him kicking on, he’s premiership level midfielder already in my opinion. Just ashame we have about 10 midfielders. At least he’s not being wasted in the reserves though.

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought he'd have been done after being out nearly 2 year was it, not bad he's came back well. Always reminded of me of Matic, big solid midfielder with a tidy left foot and long range goals.

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Delighted he's doing well, him and Robertson have a real chance of being our midfield pairing for years to come.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Loan star Kerr McInroy is desperate to prove himself at Airdrieonians after admitting his Celtic career looks all but over.

The versatile 21-year-old midfielder joined the Diamonds from the Scottish Premiership club last week and made his debut in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Clyde, which lifted Ian Murray’s men back into League One’s promotion play-off spots.

McInroy has been contracted with Celtic for his entire career, spending last season on loan at Championship side Dunfermline

Despite having an option to stay at Parkhead until 2023, Airdrie’s latest signing is likely to leave upon the expiry of his contract next summer.

Diamonds manager Murray has McInroy until January, and with his long-term future unclear, the Celtic loanee admits it’s been a challenging time.

“It’s a difficult one for myself,” said McInroy. “I want to play as many games as I can and show people what I can do. I want to grab a few goals.

“It’s a confusing situation for me. My head has been all over the place trying to work things out. So for now, it’s just a case of getting games.

I have an option of another year at Celtic but this will probably be my last year at Celtic. So I need to get as many games as I can, wherever that may be.

getting appearances and goals under my belt should hopefully show people what I can do.”

A desire to play games is what attracted McInroy to North Lanarkshire.

Airdrie manager Murray has made sure to make McInroy feel wanted, and that was a big motivator behind the loan transfer

I need to get my name back out there and getting appearances and goals under my belt should hopefully show people what I can do

It’s been good so far,” explained the midfielder. “It has all come about quickly. I got a call last Wednesday from Celtic to see if I wanted to go to Airdrie.

“That made a big difference, that they really wanted me. I signed on the Thursday afternoon and trained on the Thursday night!

It took a long time as I was going between a few things, trying to get something sorted. I knew I was going to have to play somewhere. It was just waiting for something to come up. So when Airdrie called, I moved straight for it.

Last season was full of ups and downs

I was trying to impress Celtic last season. Now I’m trying to impress for myself.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Had high hopes for him. Still relatively young, just surprised no Premiership team showed any interest.

17. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Another promising youngster falls by the wayside... joins a long list on a conveyor belt of young talent not reaching their potential at Celtic

18. joemc

He will definitely make it , he has a gift of goals from midfield.

19. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I wonder if the poor/lack of coaching from the first team manager for the past couple of seasons had anything to do with it :39:

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Do you mean he will definitely make it here?

If so, it's a crazy thing to say. He's 21 and on loan at a League One team. And he never scored a goal for Dunfermline in 22 games.