1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    If he comes back and mopes about in the next couple of games after delivering the goods for France, we'll know where his head is. In that scenario, get the cash in January......

2. Mince.Charming

Dembele, Boyata and Ntcham done the same under Rodgers.
    Dembele forced a move, Boyata tried the same and Ntcham sulked for a year.
    EddIe would have been hoping to move in the summer and now he can't be arsed.

R u n e likes this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would have to agree with that. Lets hope the opposite occurs though and that this international break gives him a real boost and he comes back and starts to produce his best for for us. As far as I am concerned if he comes back and plays his best for the rest of the season he can leave during the summer with nothing but thanks from me. Win win in that scenario for everyone. Lets hope this is how things pan out as we really need an on form Edouard for the rest of the season.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Dembele made it clear that he was promised a move by Rodgers and he broke that promise.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same for Boyata and Ntcham.

Let’s not make this out like it’s anywhere near the same situation.

jocksteinupper and Peej like this.
  5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    It's still a sad state of affairs when a pro acts like a spoilt little fukin Muppet....
    Especially when the fans absolutely adore them...

6. Mince.Charming

Na let's not blame Lennon for everything. If Eddie's in a huff its because he doesn't want to be here.
    2 or 3 year at our club for these players and they want to leave no matter if Rodgers, Lenny or pep is the Manager.

Gabriel and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Doesn’t help when the manager changes his mind on a daily basis whether to through them under a bus or not, the least said about his shocking tactics the better. Aye poor Neil just cannae catch a break eh? :76:

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We have to freeze him out if that's the case.

I'd rather an Ajeti or Paddy giving us their all than Eddie if he's mentally checked out.

...and if he has then he'll have severely soured his reputation with a support that adored him and a club that took him from a talented, wet-behind-the-ears, beanpole of a youth to one of the best, young strikers in Europe.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I didn’t mention Lennon.

10. Mince.Charming

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard .
    Sums up your Ntchams etc and Eddie recently.
    Hard work and aggression get overlooked as inferior attributes but its often missing in players.

Off topic, but our team is full of nice guys too. Its been a problem since Rodgers was here and we were getting bullied at Tynecastle and Easter road.
    All good footballers but too nice. It
    reminds me of the spurs documentary on prime and Mourihno criticising his players for not being * and being too nice.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Reminded me of the time my boys club won the League 'fair play' award for least cards and all the parents were cheesing it at how well-behaved their sons were.

Minute the door closed at the weekend the coaches were saying it was a stain on the club and they never want to be embarrassed with that * again :56:

We definitely do lack a nasty streak at times though. Get in our faces, press, harry, wee fly late kicks that Scottish refs let slide and we will get rattled.

Gyp Rosetti and Mince.Charming like this.
  12. Mince.Charming

It gets over looked when we are buying and selling players and the overall balance of the dressing room.
    It's the reason guys like Lustig and Hayes are important in a dressing room even when they werent playing every week.
    Why Mcginn should have been signed even though we had Ntcham and Armstrong.

It's not always about getting the best foreign player for 5 million.
    Not just on ability but I'm sure Barkas hasn't added anything to the dressing room,
    maybe Marshall would have.
    Sometimes signing players like Marshall, Gallagher, Martin Boyles etc isn't going to be the most popular choice but they add more to the dressing room, team spirit and fight.
    Players like Eboue and Soro are never going to replace Brown Imo. Always going to be a Scottish player or signing someone like Joe Ledley.

13. Foley1888

I think this is part of our big issue though, given our currently operating approach we can’t really afford to freeze high value players out. Maximising value is the only reason I can see for us continually trying to fit Ntcham in. I can never recall a scenario where we have had a player wanting to move, that not happening and it working out well for us in the long run. In terms of reputation with our fans sadly I don’t think they really care long term most of them and loyalty clearly isn’t a great trait of there’s.

The summer 2018/19 transfer window was the best example of how to unravel a lot of good work, you could also take the two windows either side of it. That window Boyata was entering the last year of his deal, wasn’t really good enough for most of the support and we had no plan to replace him so had to turn down a £9m offer and lost him for free.

We lost Dembele on deadline day but at least had Eddy, with Ntcham we would have been far better off taking the £15m from Porto and signing McGinn with it being clear he would get first team football, you then are looking at a scenario where you would have had £11m, left (minus £9m from Eddy) Dembele sale, £9m from Boyata, £7m from Armstrong and £12.5m left minus £2.5m for McGinn from Ntcham to go get a CB (or 2), Right back (Lustig was done) and another striker.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know and relationships play a big part in this all as can be seen by the Lawwell & Rodgers one falling apart but our club seem incapable of this sort of scenario planning. We also wouldn’t have spent the near £40m on replacements but you could have spent in the region of half that on 3 or 4 players, even if one of those positions was a loan with an option to buy in the future and if that worked out it could have been sorted in the January.

There is no guarantee bids come in for our players but we need to be prepared that could happen and first look at our squad and think are we covered? In terms of offensive CM’s we had Christie waiting to step in if Ntcham had gone, who was lucky that injuries actually gave him the opportunity to prove himself. If the answers no have a clear plan of who we move for.

King of Kings and Mince.Charming like this.
  14. Paradise88

I'm not sure how both centre Half's don't clear that.

15. Mince.Charming

We definitely * up with not selling Boyata and Ntcham that window and bringing a centre back and Mcginn in.

This year we can't be bothering about the value of Eddie and Ntcham if they aren't trying and don't want to be here.
    Ajeti is ahead of him as First choice imo. Its up to him to show desire when he plays to get back in the first team.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Happiest he's looked all season. What a star :56::56:

bagforlife, Foley1888 and jude 67 like this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He really needs to get the finger oot !

Sgt Neppers* and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Sutton hasn’t missed him, quite rightly imo.

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    3 more goals and he moves above judas in top 100 Celtic goalscorers list.