1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The board are the common denominator.
    Id love for someone to also work out how much we could have earned in the last 9 seasons, including CL qualification and how much we actually have. Many might point toward 9IAR, but the main indicator should be our results in our biggest games/tests.
    On top of that, how often we have come up short against teams with far inferior budgets.

Iv no doubt the figures would not reflect favourably on the board.
    Lack of forward thinking, lack of financial competence, lack of footballing knowledge.
    If Lawell was to stay, id have no confidence that the next decade would be any different.

bhoy81 likes this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Does anyone think that our board have an alternative motive re doing the 10? I think the huns have gone all-in to stop us achieving it and, if they fail, they will die (again). Our board's first love is (and always has been) money and they might see the death of the huns as a threat to their incomes (old firm * and all that). After all, they never done * all about the Resolution 12 scandal and the EBT cheating fiasco etc. as they probably knew the damage they could and should have done and realised that they could have buried that mob forever.

3. horseshoe

Extra domestic revenue because of hun rivalry is a * in the ocean compared to having a free run at the riches of CL football every year, the board wanting a strong rangers or secretly trying to * the ten for the sake of competition is laughable, especially if the only thing they care about is money.

King of Kings likes this.
  4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I know what you mean but, we have the chance to bury them (probably for good) but are failing to do so. The * poor signings and the unwillingness to act soon not only prevents us form doing anything in the CL and the riches it's brings, but also ensures that we remain the dominant team in Scotland as well. This board have not only failed in their duties domestically, but also on the European stage and we have given the huns an opportunity to win the league and the riches it brings re the CL. Worryingly, they won't have the same qualms about splashing the cash in readiness for that in the way we do.

5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Maybe Charlie Nicholas had a point !

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Getting to the point the Board are going to put their own * on the line here.

Failure to change this, and change it soon, will be bad look on the board. For as much as they backed him this summer and deserve a bit of credit for that, many of the signings were late and over the course of the last 16 years this board in it's various members has been extremely * for the playing side of the club.
    They risk a lot more than just the ten if they do not change it, and do it right.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  7. oh bhoy

* not willing to admit they got it wrong

honda likes this.
  8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Would we be willing sacrifice the 10 in exchange for a whole new set up from top to bottom including a new top notch manager, a new CEO and a forward thinking board?. I was praying that, as someone in their latter years, I would be alive to see us achieving the 10 but, unless drastic action is taken now, it doesn't look that way. However, I would be more than willing to accept that if our club got its act together and managed to get us out of this self made * up and became a well organised and progressive thinking modern club that could be respected in Europe again

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

You gibber wan lot of * mate.

JML67 likes this.
  10. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I believe his point relates to the old conspiracy theory that both boards have some sort of mutual agreement to ensure one doesn’t fly too far ahead of the other, this to keep the competition as level as possible.
    The ideology is that competition drives increased fan attendance (excuse Covid) and greater financial packages from TV/Sponsorships.

load of * imo.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Not the fact that hun * were running ebts and spent close to thirty million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. seanm

nothing but money grabbing tory *. they do not give a * about 10iar. in fact they would welcome the chance to srart thr 1iar again. * the lot of them. we should have spent big with good permanent players 3 years ago.if the huns had that money they would have spent every * penn to catch us. we didnt and its coming back to bite us big time.HH

13. CountyDownFaithful

And what has that got to with my comment?

* Rangers and EBT’s. Are we really going to use that as an excuse if we lose 10IAR?

:39:

14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Ah, a bit of constructive criticism to the debate. Anyhow, each to our own opinion. Celtic have became a cash cow for a small group of people who's only interest in money. They don't really care the we do the 10, just as long as the money's coming in. The death of the huns and the "old firm" would have a knock on effect on their finances and that is their only concern.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Wrong quote someone else said the board were the reason behind Walter smith winning league with rangers in his second stint I’m saying the fact they had ebts and spent over 30 million was a factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. BADGERBHOY

No doubt it was. Not getting in a striker (not necessarily Fletcher), and thinking Willo Flood was the answer to our problems was also a major factor even with a super-cheating Huns team.

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Willow Flood.....who the * would sign Willow Flood......
    Our *'s on the board have had it easy and are now being shown up for what they are .

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. john2061

Been saying for years now when you let Tory's on to your board the rot sets in and some of these * have something in common with Tory leader red card man Ross .
    If you can't defeat your enemy straight on then defeat them within .
    They should be all chased these * are in a party who voted down free school meals for kids and Celtic were formed to feed the poor so these people should be no where near this club .

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Atleast Wilson called Sturgeon out today, but how he as a Labour man can sit with those Tory * is beyond me.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The day they wheeled out the Lisbon Lions in support of the Union should have seen the * hunted. How in the name of * did our club become infested with these rats?