1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest cheapskates you've met

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Seán Mac D, Nov 10, 2020.

Discuss Biggest cheapskates you've met in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Was reminiscing earlier on about the time I spent about £40 on a top notch Cuban rum for Hogmanay, text my pal to say I'd share it with him and asked him to bring along a bottle of Coke for it while he was up getting beers.

In he stoats with a bottle of Tesco Value Cola...20p rip your teeth off stuff. Thought he was having me on and he'd pull out a bottle of the real stuff....nope. Seething.

Anyone else got some funny/horrific stories of people being tight *?

paulmcq1888, Bobo_, johnboy19 and 8 others like this.
  2. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    The Celtic Board:84:

3. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    The old Celtic board.

blackfish and cidermaster like this.
  4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Had a good mate back in the day who would do anything to get out of paying for a round. We all knew it,kind of admired it,because of the effort he would put in. :84:
    Going to the toilet when his turn was coming up,off to make a phone call were 2 classics he would use a long with going to chat with someone at the other end of a busy pub.
    Of course he did have to get some rounds in,but his ratio of getting away with rounds was * good:56:
    Also when we went to the Chippy he would never get anything,and yes you guessed right,he got chips of us!!
    He is a brilliant character though:84:

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Xmas night out , group of workers out for a meal and drinks pre agreed to split the bill . Bill comes and office girl picks it up , " right you had such and such and this , and you had no starter but ....... humiliating !! never went to another .

Guy was up from England to attend a stag night with a group of us , on the Saturday morning he asks me if there is a Nat West bank local as he would need to draw money out ( there is , at the top of the fekkin town ) so I go with him to show him .... draws out ... £2 , i near collapsed ! says " you do know we are out all day , a meal later and out till late " Yes he says that will be enough ... Zoooooooooooooomm !!!! stayed well away fae the moochin bastart !! pretty sure he had change anaw ! .

6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Know the type Cider , first out the taxi and last into the pub !

cidermaster likes this.
  7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Ma auld man was tight as a ducks *, years ago the elderly neighbour next door died, her son came to our door and said to my dad listen we've cleared the house but there's a few things left, gonna give the stuff to the charity shop but if you want anything help yersel.

Later that day my da and i went over to the house, he said right son just take everything that's there, took the bathroom mats and toilet seat cover, he even unscrewed the door knobs and took them as well.

True story.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I had a spare ticket for a Euro game during the Strachan era and asked a boy from Uni if he wanted to come along...."aye but I'm a bit skint"....assumed he meant to pay for the ticket and told him it was fine.

Down the Gallowgate before the game and noticed he was mixing his drinks all over the camp. Cider one minute, Guinness the next.

A few hours in he's loosened up and is acting all edgy. Guy at a table beside us heads off to the toilet leaving his 2/3 pint on the table, this guy dives over, steals the pint and walks back over to the group as if it was normal behaviour.

Turns out he had been doing it all night, came out with his train fare and that was it.

Never invited him again man. Total Jake..

_DannyBhoy_, Bobo_, johnboy19 and 3 others like this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We met a couple on holiday who owned a shop in Newton Mearns. Every discussion they had was about money. They used to get dolled up to the nines at night but never bought anyone a drink in the bar even though we and a few others would buy them a drink. Anyway, one day we were joined by a Liverpool couple and went for some drinks in the town however, we bumped into the kid on snobs and they wanted to join us. First pub - my round, next pub - Liverpudlian's round and then we came to the next pub which was called Blue Gin. He tried to give it the last in the pub routine however, unlike my wife and I, the Liverpudlian couple were not slow to tell him to get a fecking drink in. It was only after a few minutes that we began to realise that this pub was very up market so, the drinks came (in very fancy glasses) and when he was given the bill, his face turned white and his wife nearly fainted as the bill for 6 drinks came to 120 euros. Serves the feckers right

10. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Met a few Timothy Tightholes in my day.......

johnboy19 and Seán Mac D like this.
  11. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    At secondary school this boy in our year always used to hang about in our communal areas. I was in a few of his classes but never really a main pal. He lived in a beltin Hoose and usually came to school with the best of gear and often had a designer jumper over his school polo. But he was one moochin *. Always skadgin off folk. Even skadgin the remains of your can of juice!

I was fed up of this behaviour so decided to pierce a hole in the can 3/4 the way up which I then covered with my thumb when I drank it.
    I waited for the obligatory “gies a wee drink” patter and handed him my can.
    I watched with joy as the luminescent liquid from the Mountain Dew poured all over his designer white jumper as he took a swig.
    Haha ya moochin *.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I remember when I was younger a mate asked me for a bite of my Cream Egg. Absolutely true.

Miserable c*nt wouldn't give you a fright if he was a ghost.

13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Is your mate Tam from Still game?

cidermaster and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  14. Buster

Years ago we got our wage envelopes just before lunch time on a Friday. An hour for lunch so if 4 went to the pub, 4 drinks and so on. One Friday 6/7 of us, 6/7 drinks and the one miserable * waits till just going on the hour to announce "anyone want a drink?" Quick look at the clock and we decide we've not enough time......following Friday and the same happens again and we all look at each other and say, "* it, aye why not"........ the * got 6 of us a verbal warning for being late back...........l kid you not, nearly 40 years later, (we've always tried to meet up at least once a year) and there me him and another couple drinking up to go and catch our last buses when he once again pipes up, "ehhh anyone want a drink?"...........* caused me £15 on a taxi but it was principle

15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Had one guy I worked with and we went on trips together, and would just sit and take drinks all night without buying.
    I used to rant about it and say I was sticking to rounds and he wouldn't get a freebie...two pints later I'm buying rounds for all....my weakness being a greedy * was his strength.

Even like going for lunch or tea, he would just linger and wait till someone picked up the tab or offered him.

I'm the opposite, and being the first to finish a drink isnt a good strategy.

cidermaster and packybhoy like this.
  16. Buster

In the early 80's during Aberdeen's good run went with my dad to a league cup game against Brechin. My pal was a steward at the time so always got us in for nothing through one of the big exit doors. Not the best game but we won 7-0, coming out my auld dad is moaning about, "waste of money, l'll no be going back"

And you think its hard going just now :56:

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It's actually 50p now,robbing *.

johnboy19 and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. James Gold Member Gold Member

* I went to school with used to ask for the orange bit out your jaffa cakes and it was the wee tiny lunch box ones * knows if he wanted you to bite it out or if he wanted to stick his finger in ... and I swear that's true

Paul67 and Zanderama like this.
  19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    An old mate of mine used to call and sit and smoke my hash all night and keep his wee £10 deal in his pocket. Then you would hear from guys who hung around that he always gave them a bit for a few on his way home. Guys we didn’t knock around with but just to make himself popular or act the big man. He was quickly telt and when he kept it up he was isolated. Can’t abide that sort of *. Just built in to some people.

johnboy19 and Dalbeth3 like this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Surely times aren't that tough chief?!

Absolute gut rot!