1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2020.

Discuss Will we win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Unless we change manager, or they somehow collapse again like season, I honestly have the fear we won't.

2. truedub1916

December will be the month that decides it I think
    Have a look at our fixtures compared to theirs leading into our game against them

3. WhitleyCelt

I agree the goalkeeper position is still a massive issue even with Barkas signing. We can’t afford to be buying 5 million quid players to leave them on the bench.

I am worried about this push for 10. I agree that we should win our normal league games or at least match that other lots results. My fear is this season could be decided in the three remaining games against them. We already NEED to win two out of the three of those games to win the league or hope that they fall apart again but I just can’t see that happening.

It’s going to be tough.

4. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Eh where did I mention Ajeti, Elyanoussi and Laxalt? You 'disagree entirely' with something i never said, *? In fact the one player I did mention (Barkas), you appear to agree with me about. Had a few bevvys while watching the game did ye?

5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I dont blame the Barkas for not being very good (so far), he cant do much about it if he simply doesnt posses the ability to be a top class keeper.

So who are you blaming?

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There’s no one person to blame.

7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    True. Just wondering if you were going to go off on one about Neil Lennon. Certain people need no encouragement to blame Neil Lennon for all of life's woes.

8. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I tgink Europe has to be for the fringe squad and those needing to get up to pace

9. Foley1888

I wouldn’t be too disheartened if we took this approach as qualifying is now a very long shot. Where I don’t think we should play a totally changed side giving boys like Soro and Turnbull game time to see what they can do would be a good idea. If we hadn’t ditched Connell I would have said him too. It should also be where even Bitton could be pitched back into midfield as he is never a CB, too weak and his positioning is horrific. Greg Taylor, Ntcham, Johnston when fit again and others could also be given game time so that if they are needed domestically they are sharper or play particularly well to stake a claim for a place.

Back on topic as much as it pains me to say it, it’s hard to see us winning the league from here. Where we are suffering from our lack of support they seem to be benefiting with the pressure being lifted a bit.

Also the standard of the rest of the league is making it easier for them as they are not really being tested too often. We are just making a meal off it because we have chopped and changed team and formation so regularly and don’t seem to know how to integrate our signings in with getting the best from what we had last year.

It feels like our team need to come together as a team and have a serious word between them about what’s going on and regardless of their own agenda’s careers it’s in everyone’s interest to get the finger out. Let’s face it no professional likes losing let alone getting embarrassed so if the players have anything about them they could improve our performance just now.

That is not shying away from the lack of leadership and direction we seem to be getting from our management/coaching set up. It worries me in Lennon’s last job it was a similar story he had a good first season then fell out with key players in his squad and performances fell to bits before he was relieved of his duties. If players respected him I am sure they would have responded to some choice words they have bound to be on the end of after some of the shameful performances this season. I have to admit I am not entirely convinced even our captain and manager are on the same page all the time.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    there's absolutely zero excuses not to win this title.

when we stopped their dominance we did so with an experienced world class manager at the helm and with the signing of one of greatest players ever to grace the game.

comparatively speaking they have * all. a trophy less rookie manager, and a team full of players who would be lucky to make our bench (with the exception of their left back)

we are better than them in every department.

not doing the 10 and putting this mob in to the grave for good this time would be an unforgivable dereliction of duty.

Big C likes this.
  11. saltire78

No we don't... beat them 3 times 1-0 and we win the league... don't give a fiddlers * about goal difference at this stage, and probably won't at any other either

12. saltire78

We're 3 points off the lead, with 75% of our games still to play... can't see us winning from here? Cop the * on! Stop listening to the Hun lovers and see what's really there

13. DonnyCelt

Only in theory are we 3 points off the lead. That is what's really there right now. On performances so far winning the two games in hand is by no means a certainty.

Our next game is away at Easter Road, a place we've not won at for a while and in the form we're in right now it's again by no means a certainty we'll win there.

14. Foley1888

I am not saying it can’t be done but history and watching us just now is telling me otherwise. We can’t put 3 performances together let alone mount a run of form.

One of the points I was making above is the rest of the league is substandard probably even more so than usual. Therefore I don’t see them dropping too many points. There collapses in recent seasons come from pressure which we are not really applying at present due to performances particularly against them.

Which brings me to do I see our current team set out by Lennon beating them at Ibrox in January? Not at the moment would have to be my response, I am not sure Lennon would know who to even play or what shape just now.

We look like we need a real rocket up us, something that brings a freshness to a team that look stale especially on the big occasion. I don’t see our current management/ coaching set up providing it or the Board taking action.

I fear we will drift along dropping points here and there and fail to apply pressure, come the next game with them we turn up out of sorts and fail to make an impression.

If that happens the leagues gone, we won’t have got close enough to apply pressure to really test their bottle when they go through a rough patch.

15. CountyDownFaithful

Seen on Twitter that after the Hibs game... 11 of our next 15 games are at home.

Huge chance for us to put a run together.

DonnyCelt and LectersLuncheon like this.
  16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    we just seem to be lacking passion.

the celebrations were by no means muted at the weekend but we don't like a side that loves to gitfuy atm.

a small thing yes but it just looks like there's a bit of fire in the belly missing.

saltire78 likes this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We’ve been better away from home for quite a while now.

18. john2061

Still think the transfer window in January will have a massive bearing who wins the league and the defence needs a another goal keeper who is a shot stopper and another right back and a centre half .
    Don't think barkas and Duffy are the answer and that's two vital positions and recruitment been poor there ..
    If Lennon is still there when we play the zombies there has to be a game plan and tactics to combat their midfield as they seem to play as a unit where we are just look like individuals hoping for the best .

19. dmccourt95

7 defeats at home compared to 1 away in the past year

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's not correct.