1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100%..

When we are pressured for any period of time...we always buckle. There isn't a single supporter who thought we wouldn't concede the second half at 2 nil when they kept whipping ball's to the back post..

We crumble..

Aye you're right about what we're trying to do. Press and play at a tempo today but we were incapable of lasting the 90 like that. We didn't even make to 50..

In most game's this season it's been a bit of individual magic or just simply because we have better player's domestically...that has seen us pull through..

The rat had us pass team's to death then when they were shattered we'd usually score. There doesn't feel like we have that in us now. I don't mind going a forward a bit quicker but there's no real method to it..

Today was a win and decent at time's but still leaving a lot of unanswered question's..

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Just Kieran and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Sgt Neppers* and jocksteinupper like this.
  4. freitassen

Everything is fine now. We defeated Motherwell. This is exactly what the goals should be in a team of our size. Everyone still wanting Lennon to go is a spoiled brat who doesn't remember the 90s

Even in a game like this, it is clear that this happened because the opponent is horrible. Almost nothing changed. The system is still the same, the substitutions still baffling and pointless, and all the guys who were sent to the bench as a punishment for not giving a * and/or playing horribly were brought in as subs. It is really hard to believe that Lennon is so furious with lack of commitment at the same time he does this.

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    True mate, was the same with Aberdeen last week, it seems like another confidence issue, when Celtic were 2-0 up v any team at half time you were always confident of more of the same second half and a convincing 4 or 5-0, but it’s like they are petrified of throwing it away in second half, they end up sitting deep trying to see out a 2-0 win and letting opponent s back into it

if Motherwell hadn’t scored a think we would happily have seen out another 2-0 win

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The main thing that worries me is that I can never relax watching us now. It always seems to be an exercise in * clenching and hoping that we don't * things up. Even at 2-0 today I still felt nervous and at 2-1 I was beginning to panic like *.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s more old school than Deila and Rodgers from a nutrition and analysis angle but his standards are every bit as high if not higher in terms of being authoritarian with it. Not a single ex player or team mate will tell you he’s laid back about standards or being beat.

I’ve made my point on here before so won’t labour it, however, he’s not as laid back on the more modern elements of football as folk perceive him to be. Definitely in his first stint anyway, I know that for a fact.

The big red flag to our supporters who believe that he doesn’t GAF about tactics or game analysis should be that not a single peep is made about it when we’re winning...

Same as the alky stuff, same as the turning up to training drunk, same as ‘losing the dressing room’ and everything else in between.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Honestly, i don't know what you've been watching and i mean all season. We're 6 points behind, about to be 9 very likely. Our 2 games are no cert and actually doesn't give me any confidence they're at home.

An empty at CP seems to be helping other sides right now. It's not an excuse and it shouldn't be happening but it is. I said this would affect us badly at the start of the season and help them but i didn't realise how much.
    The crowd have carried us throughout our history and when they're not there you need other to try and max things that can help.

Actually, you could argue that's when a strong and confident manager would step up and i'm genuinely sad to say he's been found wanting here. On numerous occasions this season alone.

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    As I said elsewhere, when Jullien returns I think we'll look a lot more assured at the back, cannot fault the difference he'll make, just keep that other big diddy away from the team.

I think Lennon had the job until Christmas no matter what happened today. At the very least I'd love for Lenny to bring in some new coaches, punt duds like Kennedy and Strachan.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Of course it isn't. :56:

thailandceltic likes this.
  11. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    There seems to be a pattern of everytime we win it's because the opponents are * and everytime we lose its because Lennon is the worst manager in the world.

We obviously not been great this season but it's an incredibly harsh way of judging Lennon.

Even when we've been flying under him it seems to be put down to luck.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just a bit of a laugh, mate.

14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A don’t really know what you’re saying mate, you’re first quote kinda saying- everyone still wanting Lennon to go doesn’t remember the 90s and are spoiled- sounds like you’re sticking up for him which is a good point mate,going for a quadruple treble and 10 in a row- if anyone told me in 1997 that we were going to win 9 in a row and 1 treble I would have called them a loony so I savour it but then you kinda slag him off in the next quote

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Its a good one because it looks quite real. Got that selfie look to it.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Not saying we've been good this season but I'm just pointing out the obvious that he won't be sacked unless we start to drop points between now and Christmas.

I agree with what you say about home form going out the window it's been the same with a lot of teams in Europe though.

18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd be more at ease if he told exactly what those words were, uncensored. That way, I could gauge how much of that old passion he still has.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We aren’t winning the league with the current manager or even coaching set up, today is another false dawn and it was baffling the subs brought on and at what point in the game.

Twisty likes this.
  20. wulliebad

Let's not fool ourselves here,pre duffy everyone was shouting how he would fix our defence,so there was faults and errors when Jullien was fit and in the team.

freitassen likes this.