1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Motherwell v Celtic - Sun 8th November 12:00 KO (Live on Sky)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Motherwell v Celtic - Sun 8th November 12:00 KO (Live on Sky) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree, I like frimpong but I prefer el hamed

cat123 likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Take a day off.

3. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We have to sort the defence out got my eyes covered everytime the opposition get free kicks and corners happy with the win tho

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

First half was refreshing to see the desire, intensity and attitude after the last few games. But that second half was torrid to watch at times, if Murderwell had a better strike force we would not be seeing a 4-1 win. Lennon called the players out after mid weeks fiasco, they were lazy, there was a bad culture, too flat. So you would expect some major changes but who are these players? Whether they started on the pitch or came on as subs it was the same players !!! So either Lennon has the inability to take responsibility for poor results and calls the players out or the players he is talking about are the fringe players, Turnbull, Griff, Soro etc.

A 4-1 away win is a good result but it is still only papering over the cracks, too many times they looked like they would score only to miss chances rather than us defending well. Regardless what team we had out there today we should be able to beat teams like Murderwell comfortably even with the help of a Hun ref. Im happy with the result and the first half performance but not getting too excited we have turned the corner. Hail Hail

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Good result but same flaws in defence are glaring and midfield getting over run second half is still a worry..

6. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Still in the race for the title. That's good. Papering over the cracks tho, for sure.

Seanybhoy9 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  7. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I thought that was one of Frimpongs better ganes to be honest but I'd otherwise agree

cat123 likes this.
  8. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly still didn't think we were that great, but it's a msssive improvement on Thursday, clearly. Lennon will come out and praise the players and their attitude after what he said on Thursday, and he's right to do so but we're still way off our best.

Our pressing and energy was a fair bit better, but the way we set uo today asks an awful lot of the midfield two. They were outnumbered at times and Motherwell were able to create a fair few half-chances from counter-attacks and crosses etc.

Not the controlled performance we need to be seeing, but a big improvement.

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If he was picking the team to please Lawwell, that would basically be THE worst thing he could do. I'd have more understanding if he picked players based on his personal favorites list. Obviously, hoping neither is the case, and we've seen he does bench underperforming players.

10. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Somecunt get jozo on the phone!

All is forgiven!

11. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Takeaways from the game,

Significantly better than we were mid week but still not good enough, the scoreline is flattering to us today.

Spells in the game between our first and 2nd goal and from 49 until 73 where we were just poor and couldn't put play together.

Some individuals playing really well (rogic, moi, ajeti, laxalt) others alright and none completely * but need To do better (Christie, Biton)

Poor game management, subs far to late and not the right subs, the midfield was * and didn't get a change until ntcham came on, bench was badly picked, we only had 2 midfielders on it and 3 strikers when we play 5 mid and 1 striker. Elhamed came on and was good, he deserves a run at right back and I think that will be good for frimpong too, he could do with a break, maybe get some late sub appearances as well.

Passion didn't look there from us, especially after ntcham's goal, no fanfare, no cheers just "aye that happened" and it was a good goal, well linked and well hit but no passion and thats not what we want.

Ref standards were poor but we knew that when dallas was announced as the ref.

Overall, its nothing should not have been expected, it wasn't a fire in the belly game it needed to be. It was the result we needed but I would have wanted more. The same Issues cropped up and were not addressed correctly

Edit, I was happy with a lot of the plays but we were maybe good for 60 mins worth of the game, we need. To be 90 minute good. I'm not trying to be negitive about this game as it was a good game and if we hadn't been on a * run we would all probably be pretty happy with the game today

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He started with the abuse.. have a word him..

So Thursday forgotten about now we beat Motherwell? Good result but let's not get carried away with a win over Motherwell

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he did play well first half

he shouldnt be playing 90minutes at his age from now on mate, when he starts well he cant sustain it and we drop back into our own penalty area

mind you it seems none of the players can sustain it atm they have been mismanaged so much this season due to the managers inability to keep the squad match fit

why dont we consistently use the 5 subs were allowed to ?

14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Good first half. Rogic immense and MOI took his goals well. Still have worries about the defence as they look suspect at set pieces and crosses. Thought Turnbull would have got a run out as well but, overall, just happy with the win.

Seanybhoy9 likes this.
  15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye dont get me wrong he wasn't bad, apart from letting Watt in

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  16. DonnyCelt

Thought we'd drop points today but glad I was proved wrong. At 2-1 I was thinking here we go again but we got there.

Fantastic from Moi, Rogic is a wizard, Laxalt is unreal again.
    Christie needs to start going the simple things better and Brown needs to sit on the bench.

blackfish likes this.
  17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Can’t win with negative guys like that- we lose they moan- they draw they moan- we skelp a team 4-1 away from home and it’s cause Motherwell are dirt- might not have beaten us for a while but can remember on 2 or 3 occasions with Rodgers Celtic going there and dropping 2 points- so to win 4-1 , fkin well done Celtic

Pogues, cat123, DonnyCelt and 4 others like this.
  18. Heb Celt

A good win.Was signs of us losing the game when they scored.Really need to integrate Turnbull,Soro,Dembele even as subs into the game as we’re winning no league limping on with the same team and subs week in week out.Good to see Miley back in training,good to have the extra option on the wings.

19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Apologies for saying f up, Thursday s no forgotten and no one getting carried away, but if Motherwell are dirt, could say that about the whole league, still a lot to work on but great result

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Other than not keeping a clean sheet not really too much to complain about from a results point of view. Really important we won today and we managed it by a few goals.

I'll take that.