1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It’s been all season bar a couple of games mate, it’s making me and a lot of other fans sick. We need change now before it’s too late and it’s all gone.

2. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    It's down to how much the board care Gyp.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    A certain aspect of this is about Lawwell fire fighting this, he at the end of the day knows this is on him along with the whole downgrade in coaching staff. This is the result of a load of circumstances coming together at the worst possible time.

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Actually can’t believe those comments.

Not even angry, genuinely just in shock at how stupid he thinks the support are. Surely to * he doesn’t believe that *.

charlietully and SuperZidane like this.
  5. oh bhoy

i dont know why the players who are on the cusp of a qaudruple treble with their culture would listen to a word he says ,3-6-1 formation players playing out of position ,idiotic subs ,players frozen out,no tactics ,hit and hope football which we have moved well beyond

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Of course he does, remember what he spouted after Ferancvaros?

Spring Time likes this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That’s why a don’t know.

It’s so ridiculous I think it could just be him knowing he’s out of depth but trying to put the blame onto other people hoping the gullible eat it up.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Seriously just get ta * Lennon...Sick of this * now...

It's never his fault...

9. D'Ecosse

In a nutshell:
    We have very good players
    We have a very poor team
    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what the problem is

10. oh bhoy

it really is that simple!

11. SuperZidane

In all honesty I didn't want Lennon back and have never rated him (as a manger) as much as many on here. While I have wanted him to go for some time, I was hoping for some sort of dignified "mutual consent" deal with DD/PL.

This statement, even by Lennon's "standards" this season beggars belief.

He is totally delusional - frankly I just want him gone now - so what if we beat the might Motherwell tomorrow.

On Monday, he should be offered the chance to step down with dignity. If he won't - he should be fired (and I think if he does that for a payoff, it will lower his standing with the fans even more).

I don't expect DD\PL have even looked at possible replacements given their previous history. However, at least we would have the international break to get someone in.

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You could also turn it around mate and put him in the same category as Shane Duffy, guy was at a team were expectations weren’t too high and I know a few years back he finished 7th which was a great achievement but since then Bournemouth s target was basically to stay in the premiership which he managed to do until last season,guys like that coming to a club that more or less Demand s a win every domestic game is a lot of pressure which can make or break them , there’s no in between s at Celtic or Rangers your either a success or a failure, guys like,Jock Stein ,McNeill,MON, Strachan, Jansen,Rodgers Lennon first time were succeses

guys like Brady, dr jo, macari, Barnes Mowbray and Lennon this time are failures

A know John Barnes hadn’t achieved anything before becoming the Celtic manager but he thought he would cut his cloth in the Scottish league before moving up, as we all know it was a disaster and apart from a short stint at tranmere no one would touch him with a barge pole and his managerial Career was effectively over

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It was absolutely shocking in the first place that he was just Handed the job after the 2019 Scottish cup final without even looking at another manager s CV ,and even if we had lost the cup final, he was still getting the job, a wasn’t overjoyed at the time but gave him benefit of the doubt and when we went on that run after Christmas a thought fair play to him

thing that annoyed me aswell we went to ibrox last season in September when they had put a decent wee run in with Europe and the league and played a starting 11 and totally took the game to them and bossed them, a know we had a few injuries as usual but played the next 2 games totally different and they bossed us

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

So much drivel being written, Neil needs to leave now but comparing him to other slavering * is just wrong....* John Barnes.....jesus suffering *.

We need to hit the reset button, we have the tools, we just need a new, trusty driver!

Rydo1888* and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  15. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

What a * joke. He’d better * off man, I’m losing respect for him with every passing day.

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Last but not least cause I think I'm done till hes gone...

What's all this "I changed my style" "Im calmer" etc nonsense... he sounds like hes stoned or some prisoner thats murdered his family but now has found *....

I really dont care if he jumps up and down on the sidelines in his * underpants if hes able to see if a player needs subbed or a formation needs changed....

Culture, hunger, desire, modern footballers... blah blah blah.. effin buzzwords...take some responsibility

How the * have we got this point? We have literally come full circle back to Tony Mowbray

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    ede likes this.
  17. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny says he does not know where that performance came from.

I do

The exact same place that the home defeat to the Huns came from. The game where we did not have a single shot on goal.

Sgt Neppers*, ede and SuperZidane like this.
  18. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    We need to all march down to Parkhead or Lennoxtown... Were not in the stands to be on their backs. Cant help but think he wld b sacked if we were!!
    Rank Rotten football all season.
    Quality players, Best squad in the League. But none of them playing like a TEAM.
    Backroom staff need to go Pronto.

ede likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It’s mental mate, could actually understand players maybe getting a bit stale season after 10 in a row but this season just been wan whole nightmare since pre season, Griffiths been unfit, bolingoli, Europe, Huns game, Covid, injuries , team selection s, eddy’s form, Duffy s form, goal keeper
    Only real positive has been the bhoy Laxalt, poor guys played 6 and won 1

just one cluster *

Moore likes this.
  20. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    he lost the dressroom after ferencvaros, should have got rid of him then, the board wont act till its to late, literally throwing ten in a row away.

ede likes this.