1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    That's the problem Lenny, you have had performances like Sparta. Too many times.

Your heads been on the block for weeks and now it's time it was knocked off.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

"That [on Thursday] was not a reflection of me. I’ve told them that. That’s not a reflection on me and how I want my teams to play."

Needs to stop hitting out with that pish. Throwing the players under the bus right now. And, Neil, it clearly is a reflection of you. We've seen that type of performance numerous times now in the last year or so. When a pattern is developing, maybe have a look at yourself.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Comments are wild. Players could throw the game at the weekend to get rid of them.

4. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    I'm sick to the back teeth of people saying he answered the call when Rodgers left.

He was sacked from hibs for being a bully and had nowhere else to go, he must've thought his lottery numbers had came up when Lawwell phoned.

Everyone seems to forget he walked out on Celtic before, probably thought he'd walk into a premiership job and ended up at Bolton.

Threw his best best pal and assistant under the bus for having a drinking problem when he drank as much if not more than Thommo.

Then all the Palava down there when he threatened to knife his bit on the side. That shows you the mark and the mindset of the man.

He's unstable under pressure and should be removed not only for our sake but for his own.

He won't walk because he has nowhere to go, hopefully the board have the sense to remove him ASAP because we are going nowhere and Sevco will win this league at a canter with him in charge

He's a legend and always will be but time is up. This season can be salvaged with a fresh approach

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    aliceinsound and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  5. CountyDownFaithful

Deary me.

6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seems like a pathetic attempt to make it look like he is taking the blame when of course he isn't and it's still all the players fault....

It's like when a school teacher would say "oh you think I'm being hard on you, just you wait, I'll show you". Ehm, aye OK then.

He is blethering. Just jumping from soundbite to soundbite.

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  7. Sgt Neppers*

Bad bad interview if reported correctly. Players need to adapt his ways. This reeks of desperation. The more he talks the worse it gets. Doubling down in his bunker. After listening again to Calmacs interview yesterday, i think players arent happy either. He needs to be gone. ASAP.

8. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The fact he says (in relation to Thursday’s performance) “honesty, I didn’t see it coming” sends an absolute shiver down my spine and should be sending alarm bells ringing around the board room. The most disheartening thing about the performance wasn’t the result, it wasn’t individual performances and it wasn’t even the tactics; it was that none of it was surprising in the slightest.

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

I thought last night would have been the final nail. Letting him continue is simply leaving it to late and throwing away the ten. The poor level of performance is not a new thing and it clearly wasn't 'a bad week' as he tried to make out.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  10. Popes 11 Guest

Time was up after the huns game that was his deal breaker up to then his team selection was * and still is ,his arrogance was the same deal at Celtic as back then when he was the Hibs manager Its Lennon before anybody else is his own selfish blinkered view that's why I want him to get out now! For me, always my team my fans our supporters before Lennon.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s delusional.

Completely out his depth and dragging the players down to his standards.

We had one of the most exciting jobs in Europe, outside of the super clubs, when Rodgers left and we employed him and it will set us back years if he isn’t emptied quickly.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They have clearly heard enough of it along with us, this is a squad that has gone to the well over and over again. They don’t just become bad players overnight with absolutely no positional sense or structure. That leaves the obvious answer, which is they rightly or wrongly aren’t playing for him or they don’t know what he’s asking of them. Both situations leave only one answer and that is Lennon going and someone else in to get the best out of the squad again.

13. oh bhoy

aye lenny didnt see it coming ,who the * has he been watching all season.that * last night was shocking but not surprising.get him to * before he drops more points

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Atrocious interview, worryingly I think he could still be in charge no matter what happens on Sunday.

charlietully likes this.
  15. Dubliner1

He will be because we will beat Motherwell

16. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Good to see you back Pad!

17. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Celtic are playing * just now we need a change.

18. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Even if the players are at fault it's always the manager who has to go. It's like that in football as you can't fired the whole squad (unless you are that mad polish club president who once hired a whole Brazilian team when he was fed up with his players:giggle1:).

19. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Howe was superb bringing in average players, and building them up into quality players. He has been slaughtered in his handling of a higher quality player. He is not the right fit.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

“Ultimately, they are professional footballers and the reputation of the club is important. If they fall below that standard, then they need reminding of their responsibilities.

"That [on Thursday] was not a reflection of me. I’ve told them that. That’s not a reflection on me and how I want my teams to play."

Well Neil, ultimately YOU are in charge of this group of players and if they fall beneath a certain standard then you are at the very least a PART of the problem, and your responsibility is to sort it out which you’re NOT doing.

Utter egomaniac! Just * right off...

Gyp Rosetti likes this.