1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Problem with the manager is he
    Agree Lennon doesn't know his best formation and during a game fails to see the system not working like 25 mins in like the zombie game and last night and failed to change it at half time in both games and without a shot on target .
    There is no game plan and the man management in games is poor in the lead in a few games and failed to get the win and the organisation of the defence is disgraceful .

Rendog likes this.
  2. JamesM09

Spot on in my opinion.

We need a pro in to organise the team in a professional way.

Supporters are hung up on the idea of a Celtic man, or someone that ‘gets it’. I really don’t think we need that. We have professionals at the club that will perform if they are organised.

Duffy is a good example of why passion alone isn’t enough.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I said last week I couldn’t be * listening to him anymore, nothing he has said since has changed my mind. The damage is done but how much more will our absentee landlord allow?

4. Mr. Slippyfist

I think he's just an absolute * idiot in all honesty...

Cena likes this.
  5. john2061

If Duffy is in the team on Sunday then he has totally lost it and would put bitton and elhamad at centre backs if possible .

6. Mr. Slippyfist

If his name wasn't, as some walopers like to remind us, Neil "Francis" Lennon, there would be a resounding war cry to get him out the door. I couldn't give a * about sentiment - this club is bigger than any one man, and this particular one man is not fit enough to lead this club.

I'm fairly certain that we will NOT win the league with Lennon in charge. Actually, I'm 100% certain. The players aren't playing for him, and he's certainly doing nothing for the players. The board have absolutely no blame in this btw, they brought in their man last season, backed him, and have substantially backed him this season also without a shadow of a doubt.

What the board NOW must do is act whilst there is time to save the season. Lennon must go, be that of his own accord (on paper) or shown the door. Either way his time is up.

I''ve seen talk about either MArtin O'Neill or Strachan coming in, * me no way Jose! Pair of utter dinosaurs in football terms.

7. D'Ecosse

Amen to that!!!
    My other (maybe even worse fear!) is that Neil goes and they step up Kennedy - oh please no!

Everyone knows Lennon is a true green Celtic man through & through and we love him for that and what he has managed to achieve - but he needs to live up to that by acknowledging to HIMSELF that he is just not getting it done. If he really believes he is the best man for the job, I'm sorry to say he must be deluded.
    Tactically, in blunt terms, he is inept. Has been found out time and again against mediocre opposition that are anything other than SPFL - here, he has the benefit of simply having significantly higher quality of players. But Cluj, Ferencvaros and now a second string Prague side shows how he just doesn't know how to put an initial tactical strategy in play and then change it up when it's going wrong (or simply ensuring the position when ahead - like Cluj)
    Sorry Neil - thanks for the memories, but time to go.

8. Sgt Neppers*

He will take Sundays game, then be excused from his duties on Monday. That gives the board time to offer the severance pack, speak with the new manager, hire him. Then giving him a few days before his first game. All done around the international game. DD will pull the strings here. He won't want his own 10iar reputation tarnished.

The Prof likes this.
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Let the rumours begin...

Rendog likes this.
  10. stew37

The Express is one of the most abhorrent publications on the planet.

11. celticdawg

I must admit to struggling for a couple of reasons when it comes to sacking Lenny .
    Apart from obviously being a club legend, outwith Europe hes still to lose a domestic trophy in his 2nd spell!!
    The other is despite a growing number of fans wanting him gone we have heard very few credible suggestions on who could come in and hit the ground running although obviously nothing is a given with anybody coming in .
    Where i do agree with a lot of the fans is this season and even pre-xmas last season is nowhere near acceptable and in such a vital season the response has to be immediate and sustained but i think hes earned that short time to get it sorted

Big C likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Exactly my thinking to mate.

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I hope it’s right though in this case, we cannot afford to keep just stumbling along like a pished alkie down Sauchiehall St at 3 in the morning.

littlekennie and stew37 like this.
  14. Sin

I would take Eddie Howe in a heartbeat right now.

To be honest I would take my dead Gran over Lennon when it comes to press conferences, at least she doesn't say much these days!

john2061 likes this.
  15. Sgt Neppers*

It's not on us, as fans, to have possible candidates lined up. That's down to the board. We as fans only want the best for the club. Having a wishlist for a new manager, cause the current one is under performing is perfectly fine and natural. It's part and parcel of this.sport. We do it with under performing players I.e. Brooney and Taylor probably best examples.

We can all look back with respect and affection for Lennons achievements with us. But we must not becoming bogged down by sentiment and people of limited ability. But strive to keep progressing and be the best we can.

Bazza Bhoy and thailandceltic like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON says that it may be time for his Celtic players to adapt to his trademark managerial style rather than the other way around, as he conceded he may have changed his approach too much in order to please modern-day footballers.

Lennon was furious with the lack of hunger from his men during the humiliating home defeat to Sparta Prague on Thursday night, and he abandoned his usual policy of defending his players in public as tore strips off them for their lackadaisical display.

Having been criticised for adopting a more mellow approach both in private and on the touchline during his second spell in charge of the club, Lennon says it may be time for him to revert to the fierier demeanour that was the hallmark of his first reign at Celtic Park.

“If I am going to get performances like I did against Sparta Prague, then yeah, because it will be my head that is on the block," Lennon said.

“I’ll be honest, I didn’t see it coming. Nothing surprises you in football, but for this group of players to play with that lack of desire? It is on them.

“They have to roll their sleeves up now and show that one, they want to play for the club and, two, they want to be successful.

“They have to show they haven’t lost that hunger because they looked on Thursday night as though they lacked hunger.

“Maybe I’ve gone too far in terms of [changing my style], I don’t know.

“We’re just too inconsistent at the minute. We looked as though we had a bit of consistency going into the [October] international break and then they have been so inconsistent coming out of it.

“There was a great performance last weekend [against Aberdeen] and then totally insipid against Sparta Prague and we [management] haven’t changed.

“We haven’t changed the training regime, we haven’t changed the timings, we haven’t changed the tactics.

“I’ve got to cut the malaise. It’s my job to nip it in the bud. And maybe become that little bit tougher on them now. To get some response for them. A proper response.

“Maybe getting a little bit harder of them might be the way forward. A little bit. But then you can get criticised for that.

“Ultimately, they are professional footballers and the reputation of the club is important. If they fall below that standard, then they need reminding of their responsibilities.

"That [on Thursday] was not a reflection of me. I’ve told them that. That’s not a reflection on me and how I want my teams to play."

17. Big C

* help you.

oh bhoy likes this.
  18. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Just put him and us out of our misery.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for

I beg to differ, that was a massive reflection on Lennon and his approach to the game this season.

20. Sin

Thanks