1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    In the last 6 games that's W1 D2 L3 with all 3 losses at home. They need to be approaching someone now even if on the temporary. I expect Lennon gone by the time internationals are done.

2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    A couple of things-

1. We're * lucky that wasn't a league game
    2. We're also extremely fortunate that 'if', and it's far from guaranteed, we win the 2 games in hand we're still in this.

This is only a matter of time now and if the board continue with this brinkmanship then they're gonna cop more flak than he's getting the now!

It's untenable now surely.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He gone yet?
    Honestly will be disappointed in him if he doesn't walk away after this.

It's one thing to have a bad game or two, but this is month after month and getting worse.

Last night was absolutely peak sackable performance.

Managers have been sacked for less.
    He needs to accept his part in all of this and do the right thing, as a fan.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* and thailandceltic like this.
  4. SuperZidane

Spot on. I can't believe that this won't prove to be the end of Lennon's tenure - another pathetic performance at home followed by throwing the players under the bus again and that BS about hunger/culture - whose job does he think it is to motivate the players?

DD/PL should have been anticipating this and had a successor lined up. Given that DD goes on about his relationship with Lennon, I wish he could agree a "mutual consent" stepping down with dignity.

I am confident that a good manager can win 10IAR with this squad (frankly I don't give a **** about getting a "Celtic man" - I'd settle for someone who can do the effing job!)

Knowing PL - he'll let Lennon go on too long - end up sacking him and then give it to JK temporarily while he trawls around for a cheap replacement.

10IAR is absolutely possible if DD/PL can stop wasting time - move Lennon on (with a dignified exit if possible) and get a decent replacement in before its too late.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I would put these results on par with John Barnes. I don't think he will walk, they may say in the papers he walked but he would have been pushed.

Peej likes this.
  6. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If the higher ups don't have a contingency then their names will go down as equally culpable. The fans won't forget that.

This isn't a blip. It's been clear since the start of the season something's not right

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%

It's went through my mind a couple times last few days, Barnes had a laughable rant and rave about us being unconsciously racist and that he wasn't afforded the same time luxury and time as other managers, alluding because of his skin colour.

He was absolutely * wrong in his logic and theory. One look at managers like mowbray show that's wrong.

But Lennon, we are * proving at least half his rant correct, he's being afforded far more time and grace by (still) a select few and the board. He has really * this season up now.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

aliceinsound likes this.
  8. StevieBhoooy!

Hoped the sports headlines this morning would be that he was away already...

This is about the board now .. doing what is right for club and fans.

Fix it ya money-grubbers!

9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If he does have a list of potential replacements then I would not like to see it as they will be available for a similar salary as Lennon or perhaps less as has been the case constant downsizing and cutting the budget , one of the reasons Duff was off and the old pals act came into play and Laptop strachan got a job. Aye as you say this ain’t a shock or a case of “never seen it coming” as Lennon stated this has been on the cards from the beginning of the season at the start it was put down to the players being off it due to the early finish, then it was a case of the season has just started they will get up to pace soon I’m suprised folk are still leaning to that excuse we are now in fkn November and that team are miles of the pace absolute miles and nothing looks to be changing any time soon. I don’t really know what the issue is could it possibly be due to the nature of this season & the pressure that invites? Who knows but I’ve backed off from throwing Lennon to the wolves and backed him to the hilt but the buck stops here it’s clear to see & surely he can see that. Yes he’s a stubborn * but he’s a Celtic man as much as you and me he’s got to surely have a think and weigh up how big this season is and walk for t he benefit of t club. I can’t see him doing it unfortunately & I don’t expect the board to act giving how accounts have been affected by the current situation not a chance they are coughing the cash up for a new manager & backroom team as it will be a massive increase in coin

paulie walnuts likes this.
  10. TransferBhoy

Lennon will unfortunately most likely be here for Motherwell on Sunday but I’d expect him to be gone after that even with a win. International break will give the Board time to get a replacement.

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    There is absolutely no point on him being here for Motherwell, wed probably play better with no manager..

The worry for me is we go to Motherwell hump them and it will be all rosy again. The fabled corner will be turned again...

Peter Lawwell needs to answer some questions too, not that he will...

Absolute * shambles from top to bottom... Again

Peej likes this.
  12. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Dunno who poses more of a threat to my mental stability if they remain in charge. Lennon or Trump.

ThatBhoyLarsson and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Any new manager should be at least in the stands to watch our next game, to see the squad in action.

14. celtic warrior

The board won't care to sack him until its too late.

Lennon won't care to walk away until its too late.

One of the above have to give and it has to be now, any further into the season and we are at real risk of collapse.

Unacceptable, the board, frankly are lucky that there is no fans in the stadium.

Marty McFly likes this.
  15. DonnyCelt

He simply cannot be in charge for Motherwell. It would seem everyone other than Lennon and the board can see this season spells disaster if he continues

16. TransferBhoy

The writing was on the wall for Lennon after Ferencvaros when he said players didn’t want to be here. The fact we then didn’t sell anyone after those comments is startling.

Majority of the players have turned on Lennon and there is no way back for him. People saying the players are to blame, if the players aren’t playing for the manager, then it’s the manager that needs gone.

Peej likes this.
  17. Al Bootyerbaws

Please just go.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exactly... absolutely no point Lennon being here Sunday.. get rid, get the tea lady to manage the team or Hoopy the Hound and have the next manager at least in the stands

19. Smithy

Has to go now. Actually couldn't believe the amount of fans who thought we'd turned the corner after the Lille and Aberdeen games. We were utter pish in the second half of both those games.

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Basically how I see it, although I don’t believe one will give before it’s too late.

They’ll sack him when we’re well behind in a season where the Huns as very consistent. New guy will come in and show a big improvement immediately. It will be too little, too late.