1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON has accused the Scottish Government of double standards after heavily criticising Celtic for Coronavirus restriction breaches, but not publicly condemning Rangers players George Edmundson and Jordan Jones this week for attending a party.

Lennon says that First Minister Nicola Sturgeon threw Celtic ‘under the bus’ after Boli Bolingoli flew to Spain and then played against Kilmarnock upon his return to Scotland without self isolating back in August, saying that ‘privileged footballers’ were now on a ‘yellow card’.

Ibrox pair Edmundson and Jones were suspended immediately by their club when their actions came to light, but while Lennon didn’t want to discuss the Rangers players, he was more than willing to bite back at the government for their treatment of Celtic in the summer.

“I can’t comment on what the Rangers boys did,” Lennon said. “What I can comment on is the reaction from the government, which I find bewildering.

“Considering the way they treated us after the Bolingoli incident. There seems to be double standards at the minute as far as we’re concerned.

“For the spokesperson…[to criticise us], I found it strange to say the least. We as a club did and I’m sure our supporters did as well. I’m not happy about it.

“We were thrown under the bus. We were subjected to ‘privileged footballers’, ‘yellow card’ and blah, blah, blah.

“We have been treated in one way and other clubs have been treated another by the government and that’s unacceptable from our point of view.”

Lennon says that there is no prospect of his players repeating the mistakes of Bolingoli, Edmundson or Jones.

“We’re three or four months down the line since what happened with Boli,” he said.

“We’ve been very rigid on it. The players have been very rigid on it. In our bubble, we’ve had no positive tests, so the players are being exemplary at the minute.

“The reason we lost players was that they went out of our bubble [on international duty]. Three of them picked up the virus.

“Ryan Christie didn’t pick up the virus, but he still had to miss out due to protocol, which was bitterly disappointing from our point of view.”

2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Lenny back wi dat THUNDER.

Someone do a mock up of Lennon as Thor...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Rydo1888*, Artorias and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    it's also noteworthy to mention how the Sun, when relaying Lennon's comments regarding Frimpong, conveniently omitted him questioning the timing of the story, while the record printed his comments in full.

we really need our media dept. to start calling this * out, not sevco style with Muppet statements but just tweets, taking the * out them.

The67Sound, Artorias and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Hopefully our * board are listening to him.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Was it the sun who ran the frimpong story?
    Scum * so they are.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    twas them.

absolute * stirring orange *

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Glad he spoke up

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Glad he spoke up election in may Jackie bailie be getting my vote and before anyone questions it being about football it’s not it’s about politics sturgeon has been political in how she dealt with Celtic and how she has dealt with virus as a whole this is just the tip of the ice berg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Well said Lenny. Absolutely no justification for the difference in the scottish governments response to these incidents.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yep well said I’m glad someone at the club has spoken out.

The treatment we and Aberdeen got was ridiculous compared to this. I honestly thought football was gonna be paused. I think the punishment Jones and Edmundson have got should be enough but it should’ve been the same for us. Why did they postpone matches in a season where we don’t have the room for it barely. Would be only fair to postpone their matches aswell now as the precedent has been set. But that was the wrong thing to do in the first place as you can’t blame the clubs for their players being idiots out of hours.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can't we all just forget this and move on, for the good of Scottish football?

Ahem....

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Gyp Rosetti, Luis1967 and Artorias like this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Glad our manager has raised his concerns over this however, I would have been happier if our highly paid CEO would have came out all guns blazing. As I said yesterday, we have let the SFA, the SMSM, and now the Scottish Government pish all over us. It has been happening for years and will continue to do so unless the club stands up for itself and, hopefully, any of our fans who still buy those rags, to stop doing so and help put them out of business.

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    First shots fired , hope theres more to come !

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Will this do ye?

Attached Files:

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Lennon is back, he’s mad as * and he’s not going to take it anymore!

16. shieldsybhoy

YES LENNY.

Why are Frimpong (who the Sun contacted one Scotland's chief health advisors to opine on) and Bolingoli held to different standards and face different consequences by the government and the media to Jones & Edmundson? Surely it couldn't be because of the colour of their skin, could it?

Also why are the Sun, as soon as Jones & Edmunson are outed, sending papparazzi outside Celtic players homes? Its not to try and catch them out is it? Did they do the same for Rangers players?

17. StevieBhoooy!

While I’m happy he’s spoken out....

I find it rather pathetic and disappointing that it’s our manager speaking out on this rather than ‘the club’ which was fined and imposed with 2 postponed games for an incident beyond their control.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Did the 2 orcs play a game/take part in training ?

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Totally agree however, as I said in an earlier post, it shouldn't stop here. We should be calling out anyone in the SMSM who print * about our club, the SFA for blatant favouritism i.e. Fergusson getting away with a forearm smash on Ajeti in the semi, the numerous incidents wee fat * get's away with for the huns and the shocking referee decisions which either penalise us or favour the huns.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They might have done behind the scenes for all we know.

Lennon is the one with a media microphone in front of him.

My Granda has written to his local MP about Sturgeon's inconsistent messaging for the 2 breaches and asked for it to be clarified.

Sean Daleer, Scotia and Liam Scales like this.