1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Diego Laxalt!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Oct 5, 2020.

Discuss Diego Laxalt! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Rumor is his valuation at Milan is now 4.5 million at that number you go out and make sure deal is done in jan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy25 and Peej like this.
  2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Don't even need to think about it if he's available for that amount.

Tommy25 and Peej like this.
  3. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

That would be a no brainer if true. Worry at that price is another club might turn his head, he does seem to like it here though.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It will cost around £4.5million for Celtic to sign loan star Diego Laxalt on a permanent deal from AC Milan.

The left-back, 27, has made an instant impact for Neil Lennon’s side since arriving on deadline day last month on a season-long loan.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Milan value Laxalt at around the £4.5m mark ahead of the January window.

The Uruguay international was signed from Genoa in the summer of 2018 for £13m but he will have only 18 months left on his contract in the new year.

That opens the door for Celtic to potentially make a move for the defender, who has established himself as a firm fans’ favourite since his arrival.

made his fifth appearance for the Hoops in their 2-0 Scottish Cup semi-final win against Aberdeen on Sunday to leave them just 90 minutes away from sealing a remarkable quadruple treble.

He produced another display full of energy, darting runs and tenacious tackling, just three days after making 13 tackles in the draw against Lille, a Europa League record.

Lennon made it clear in the build-up to the Scottish Cup semi how impressed he had been by Laxalt since his arrival.

He had been on the sub’s bench for the first six of Milan’s competitive fixtures this season before he headed to Glasgow.

been fully evident in Scotland.

Butthe pedigree that has brought him 24 senior Uruguay caps as well as extensive experience in Serie A gathered from a lengthy spell at Genoa as well as from Milan, Torino, Bologna and Empoli has been fully evident in Scotland.

Laxalt has usurped Greg Taylor as first choice on the left flank, whether at wing-back or in the left-back slot he played in on Sunday.

5. scootz

Pler!

6. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    It will cost around £4.5million for Celtic to sign loan star Diego Laxalt on a permanent deal from AC Milan........then * buy the guy no brainer eh ?

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Big C

If there were fans at the games I think there would be a slightly increased chance of him staying. I’d love for us to get him and at that price it would be an absolute steal however, I can’t see him wanting to stay on past his loan deal, before everyone shouts me down, I’m just being realistic. What is an absolute must is we are actively looking for his successor!!

8. wulliebad

After FF im not going to even think about him staying,i fully expect us to put him in shop window and some other club to sign him.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Thing that's surprised me about him so far is his defensive ability.

I didnt expect him to be as strong in the tackle and positionally.

We should go all out for him. He is the Tierney replacement.

bagforlife, Tommy25, HTG and 5 others like this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    4.5 mill..

Should be done already..

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We'll no doubt hold out til next summer given the rate of attrition that we're going through our cash at the bank but at that price it's a no brainer.

That's the combined fees we paid for Taylor and Boli. Albeit we wouldn't have got him for that fee in Summer 2019.

If I'm being hypercritical then the one thing I'd like to see him improve on is his crossing into the box. Too often it's a scoop up in the air with no pace on it.

Overall though he's been a revelation. Strong in the tackle, always providing an outlet, positionally sound, energy in spades (he was the one pressing the ball in the 89th minute despite Griff and Ajeti only being on 20 mins) A good find by Hammond and Lennon.

McChiellini.. and Liam Scales like this.
  12. celtic warrior

I'd have said £7mill is a no brainer.

So if we don't sign him at £4.5mill the manager, the board, shareholders, CFO, assistants and any one else involved all need sacking

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Playing most of his career in the Serie A made me expect him to be a good defender but his one on one tackling is exceltional.

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    He'd be well worth the transfer fee and wages can be more than funded from the saving made from sending duffy back I'd imagine. Mad to think that what duffy is costing could have bought Laxalt virtually. Although it's hard to know what kind of budget we have for January.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For me I would he more than happy with another loan on laxalt with Taylor as backup.

We won't ever get two top draw left backs, but Taylor is adequate enough backup, assuming a fit laxalt plays 90% of games anyway.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

4.5 million is a lick the finger and stick it in the air from a non-reliable source.

If it were that figure, he’d be signed up permanently in January no question.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hold, 4.5million, get it done Celtic.

That's the deal we need to be striking.
    Said it for years and glad to see we are shopping in this sort of window, but we need to cover the first team in players who are of this calibre and price range.

Offer him 30k a week with decent bonuses and get him in permanently.

Assume he would then stay 2 of a 4 year contract and I'd imagine we would get that money back then some for a 29 year old if we sold him to Spain or something.

Or, judging by the engine on the lad, probably keep him till 33 and the * will still be a top player for us.

It's early days, but the lads ability and attitude is brilliant so far.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18. oh bhoy

quite a dubious source but if that's all he costs ,get it done! considering how much we spent on Taylor and bolingoli that extra million on one player saves spending more on 2 players who are nowhere near as good

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Taylor isn’t really adequate back up mate, Laxalt playing like a Celtic left back should, up and down the pitch, strong in the tackle, good crosser, good passer comfortable with the ball at his feet

Don’t like slagging any Celtic player and a know the wee guy tries his best but basically Taylor ticks none of these boxes

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Soz mate was meant for Damian bhoy above ya lol