1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by KevMan, Oct 25, 2020.

Discuss LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. brads-bhoy1888

Better in spells, all in all a decent point away from home but we shouldn’t have invited pressure so early on in the game. It’s not Lennys fault as you could clearly hear him shouting to not get negative and sit back. Lille turned the pressure on and we struggled but like I say look on the bright side a point away from home is not a bad result.

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed but it leaves a horrible taste in the mouth seeing how awful and stand-offish we were the entire time between our second goal and their second goal.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  3. GreenLeanMean

Seen every side of Ntcham in this game.
    I know. He's been better with subs recently but took too long to take off Ntcham.

4. Hadouken

proud of the lads tonight they were throwing their bodies on the line it's just a shame we couldn't hold out

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  5. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ntcham strolling about watching there defenders run past him in the second half and not even trying to track them was * me off big time

Mickmac likes this.
  6. Sentinel

I am happy with the result, and OKish with some aspects of the performance, but at the moment I am seeing far too many negatives.

The issue we seem to have and have had for a while is how passive we are defending. We are always jogging up to the opposition, letting them have the ball and then when they do play a pass, we are all ball watching.

But it's not just defending as a unit that is bad, now even individually, we seem to constantly be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Body shape and starting position are so important and we always seem frozen in the moment and allow things to happen.

The amount of silly little fouls as well. Making challenges when clearly they will result in a freekick in a dangerous position. I think what this comes down to is complete and utter lack of training, both 1-2-1 and as a unit. It also seems to be something to do with the way we play - we leave defenders far too exposed. This would be fine if we were cavalier and scoring 5, conceding 3, but we defend like this at 0-0.

And then things like leaving Ntcham on so long. He was clearly not trying at all defensively, but it takes 15 minutes to decide last minute on the touchline that he should 'maybe take Olly off'.

Sorry, I know this is a good result and there are positives, I just fear for this season.

Laxalt was superb.

7. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Not sure about the tactical decisions being stupid. Was it tactics to fall deep or was that the players/Lille giving us no option - if it was tactics then you're right. If we had scored a goal or 2 on the break which we nearly did we'd be saying the tactics were spot on.

8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Completely agree with all this. The amount of times we go tight when they are back to goal and they just fall over! Ref blows, free kick, under needless pressure. Where we are the opposite, try and stay on our feet and get sweet FA!

9. GreenLeanMean

Wouldve taken a draw before the game. So frustrating dropping a 2 goal lead. But it at least shows we are capable of playing well.

NakamuraTastic and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  10. Lennon1888

Pretty sure Lennon when he was on the touchline told them we had 3 changes to make and he didn't know who the 3rd one was.

11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Shocking how we never won that, gave 2 easy goals and missed a couple of golden chances when attacking.
    That being said, it's a good result against a good team and will do us the world of good, confidence wise.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Would have taken that before the game but frustrating to toss the lead away especially considering how sloppy the goals were again. They're a good side with some real talent.
    Laxalt is quality, Ntcham needs some time on the bench, still think Duffy is a donkey.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  13. Big C

* raging!!! We should have seen that out.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

packybhoy likes this.
  15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

On the positive side we are the first team to put 2 past Lille this season and looked a lot more threatening, just that we became too negative in the 2nd half.

Think if he put Griff on instead of Eddy and Soro on 20mins earlier we would of had a much better chance of winning.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I bet Lille fans will be thinking their team was very naive first half and they will be the unhappy ones tonight. Not excusing Lenny for the late subs. Welsh looked much better in his short time on the pitch than Duffy done all night. The subs should have been made at 2-1. I am pleased at the amount of chances we created against a brilliant team.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  17. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    2 points lost here.

Id have taken a draw before the game, but after that first half to have lost that its not good enough.

Duffy was a bombs are again, but less bad than he has been.

Neil "youcantmakesubsbeforethe80thminute" Lennon getting it wrong in the 2nd half, make some * changes earlier in the game, an Injury sub and swapping the strikers despite the striker being taken off being quite effective in controlling play is not enough. When the midfield is *, make a change, I'll have a £1000 consultancy fee for that bit of advice please.

Bain, well done for the penalty save, but he * it for their 1st and that bit when the hit the post from his mishandling, shows he's not the answer but he did do well so I'm not saying he was *.

Moi,magic in the first, then confidence gone on the 2nd, buggered a couple chances

Frimpong, had some good moments, just needs a little something more and he would be a 30million player

Laxalt, looked good and fit, played well, needs to be a bit better on his crossing though

Tactically, we * it second half, failed to adapt or improve, ajer was a loss and hopefully its not serious he had been one of out better players recently

All in, can't be to disappointed, as a point here woukd have been a positive result before the game, but after the first half is a let down

18. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Gradually getting there with our perfomances.
    This was a very good team we were playing.
    Come on the Celtic...let's gub the Dons next.
    HH

19. Cringer67

Ntcham is like a man down and a huge reason why it was like the Alamo for most of the second half, certainly during their 2 goals. What is Lennon seeing that we can’t. Spare me the “on his day he’s the best midfielder at the club” pish. He’s chronic.

Big C and Garrymac1888 like this.
  20. wulliebad

They won't make the same mistake twice,they are not celtic. They will play full team in glasgow.