1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    * it I can no longer comprehend. I was bluffing all along. :43::50:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye, Lenny will do 10 in a row. :lenny1:

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Let’s be honest. We achieved our goal. :36:

packybhoy likes this.
  4. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Bought diesel off him at Jonesborough.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  5. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He does? In the same amount of time Rodgers spent here??

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

6. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Great post.

Poor performances consistently for quite some time, barring the odd glimmer of hope that always quickly faded away with the next match.

We always say, it’s the sign of Champions to win when your not playing well. When is the cut-off point for that? Is it 1-4 games, 8-10 games before you change perspective and realise there’s an issue?

Apologies, I wasn’t quite in the moment there, I’d forgotten we’ve not won in our last three games.

If I could look ahead to the next three games instead, because * looking back it makes me shiver every time. Oh wait, that’s no good either, Aberdeen in a cup game, Lille who are 2nd in Ligue 1 and Sparta who are top of the Czech league.

Man, that’s potentially over a month, 6 games and no win. Am I being overly worried? I think not.

The Prof likes this.
  7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We shall see tonight if his recent rallying cry has had any effect on the players and how we play tonight. I would love to see the team playing the "Celtic way" and get a result which would cheer us all up but I'm not that confident.

Noskeil likes this.
  8. Dubliner1

If we get something from the game tonight it would be a BIG bonus. The weekend game against Aberdeen is more important. Moving forward the League is our main priority.

9. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    we will beat the sheep no issues and go onto win our 4th trebles in a row a record that will only ever be beaten by ourselves !!! Hail Hail...tonight we are not expected to take anything as long as we put up a fight that should do

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Dubliner1, Dannybhoy81 and Noskeil like this.
  10. StevieBhoooy!

Is tonight the ‘barometer’ though?

We might perform well but still get beaten by a better team.... that would be a disappointment at any time but more acceptable if league firm had been at a high.

As a further negative stat. on the poor run/form of late... it will just compound the anxiety in supporters and the weight of the job Lenny has in turning things around.

In the broader ‘picture’ I’m not too fussed about tonight in terms of result.... player fight and managerial tactics being visible will be far more important.

As for the weekend ... sounds crazy but while I want to win of course ... the league is ALL that matters if it comes down to it.... it has to be noted though, that (Europe aside) we are still in 4 competitions this season (albeit one is last years).

The game against Aberdeen (even though it’s 19/20) will be far more pivotal in terms of our 20/21 season progress, team morale, Lenny future, supporter confidence... absolutely pivotal..

It’s last years cup .. but progressing in it and the performance in the game will say so much.

Its a double edged sword though.... further postponed league games at a worsening time in terms of covid and with the question of whether 38 games will actually be played ever present....

Interesting few days ahead.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Yeh, I know where you are coming from. I'm not too bothered about the Europa Cup as the 10 is the Holy Grail for me but I would just like to see a wee bit of imagination, fight and some good football so we can take it forward into the cup game on Sunday and into the league campaign. Worryingly, we don't know if the league will be halted again due to Covid but you can guarantee the SFA will only be to willing to call it early if the huns are ahead of us.

12. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

In a longer time frame if you want to get technical rat won more in his 1st 2 seasons than lennon did

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Rodgers won more trophies in his first 2 seasons than Lennon did in his first 4 seasons.

14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Albeit against a very poor Sevco side.

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    True, but absolutely dominated every team. We would not even need a keeper in many of the games :56:

That’s how good we were, and it’s very clear to see that a manager of a higher caliber brings out more quality.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Think that’s what comment above yours is saying

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Lennon was mostly with no sevco side which should have been even easier

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The rat is a better coach undoubtedly but context is important.

Lennon had to rebuild the whole team and sell his best player to fund it, having been left an atrocious squad by Mowbray; the rat inherited the best squad in Scotland being poorly coached and managed by Delia.

Lennon's first 2 seasons were also up against a Hun team spending £ for £ what we were in wages, doped up by EBTs and against what many regard as their greatest manager ever in his 1st seasln; the rat had the advantage of a £3:£1 ratio on wages alone and a good bit more in transfer fees as well, in his tenure and was up against Warburton, Murty, Pedro and a rookie Gerrard.

The rat indisputably had superb consistency in domestic competition but it was also a reasonably fortuitous time to be at the helm, inheriting a talented group of players and receiving significant financial backing.

For all that he's come under-fire recently - and rightly so - Lennon is 2 games away from sealing 5 trophies since he returned; all that were available to him.

Mickmac, Dannybhoy81 and Gabriel like this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We should bring ronny back as our head scout. He had a cracking eye for talent.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I like Ronny as a guy but I just don't think it was a fit with Celtic.

He definitely had some good signings: Christie, Ajer, Armstrong but it was mostly pish tbh: Ciftci, Janko, Berget, Scepovic, Kazim-Richards.