1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by KevMan, Oct 25, 2020.

Discuss LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If we get lamped we’ll gave an interim manager for the cup game I suspect.

2. stew37

There was 25 mins in the second half of the Milan game where there was actually some real urgency shown, and we looked really lively. That's the first I've seen of that kind of attitude from us in a long time, so if we see some more of that, that would be great. Would give some encouragement that the players are able to turn things around and get the league back on track.

3. Keano88

Bain
    Frimpong - Welsh - Duffy - Ajer - Laxalt
    Christie - Soro - Turnbull
    Griffiths - Ajeti​

Would use this game to get good minutes under the belt of guys like Soro, Turnbull, Griffiths and Ajeti.

Pearse67* likes this.
  4. Farmer

A lot of people have David getting off the mark in this game and if he does, it will be a long night for Celtic. As good as Lille have been, their main man has yet to find his stride. Can't see anything other than a beat down in this game tbh.

5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I just watched their weekend game against Nice which finished 1-1. For sure they look a tougher proposition then Rennes did when we played them last season. A draw from this game like we got in Brittany last season would be an incredible result because right now this has the makings of a champions league night under the rat look about it.

6. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The urgency shown when going behind or pushing for a very late win is one of the things that is pleasing and also very, very frustrating...

Why cant the players put in the same effort at the * start !

It shows they are capable of doing it when it suits them or when they feel like it. If they showed the same commitment and attitude from the kick off we would have games won by half time.

This is 100% an attitude problem and Lenny should be calling them out on it but he keeps bumping his gums about great performances.

Either he is lying to himself or lying to the fans but I am not buying his comments, I watched the same games as he did and unlike him I got up out of my chair during matches.

Thursday is a big match but if we lose it's no surprise. I want us to win all our domestic games until December. If Lenny can manage that then he will survive..

Thursday night.. 3-2 scoreline.. not sure for who. Would be nice for us to get the win but the performance is important.

7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, so frustrating. Every game we * about first half, never testing keeper, way too many "safe passes".
    Even when we get a free kick inside their half, we just take it quickly, instead of getting it into the box, just to continue side to side passing.

8. GreenLeanMean

Tough game to try kick start the season with but its almost getting desperate.
    Just hoping for a improved performance with no silly mistakes. (& no more covid cases / injuries)

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We've all probably played * football at some time and we might have taken the hump with something or someone but personal pride kicks in and we try our best as we don't like having the * taken out of us. Surely the same would apply to our players and even if they have fell out with the manager or just don't want to be here, they should have a bit of self pride and give their all.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Gonna pump this big diddy mob. Time to shut the critics up and bang 5 in. Cant wait!

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I hope whoever is doing the huddle just says that every * is expecting us to get humped and the SMSM want us to get humped so let's just get right intae these feckers

14. Paradise88

Probably if we get lamped for the cup game. Given our form, I don't expect a result tomorrow but hopefully it's a good test to prepare us for Sunday, cause we need to be sharper against Aberdeen than the weekend.

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Couldn’t give a * about Europe this season to be honest, I’d be happy if he rotated most of the squad and kept the key players fresh for the semi. Winning the cup will go a lot further than europe this year.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Good to see Eddy, Bitton and Elhamed all out training. Giving me some confidence going into this tough few fixtures coming up.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “Elhamed has stayed in Glasgow, Bitton and Edouard have travelled. They’re up to speed to play a part in the game but whether we start them or not that’ll be something we’ll have to assess.”

NL on Barkas: “He’s travelled but he has an ongoing shoulder issue, it’s nothing too strenuous.”

18. DonnyCelt

Second national lockdown declared in France. Will this have any implications on tomorrow's game?

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully we get a 3-0 by :56: but doubt it.

Smithy, Dannybhoy81 and DonnyCelt like this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That is about the only way we would have a chance of getting 3 points tomorrow night.