1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s obvious he’s leaving.

But if he gives his all this season nobody can argue, he’d go down in history.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Him wanting away would certainly explain his fat Ronaldo impression all season trying to beat 6 players every time he gets the ball and not really playing as part of the team.

Difference was that Ronaldo could actually beat 6 players and pop it in the top corner.

Eddie needs to get back to doing what he does best and linking up with his team mates to create space for himself and stop trying to do it all himself

3. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    He isn't the first and won't be the last(as per the majority,he doesn't know what he is leaving)...Celtic and the supporters will go on HH

Breathnach67 likes this.
  4. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Obvious this would be his last season think we've done well to keep him this long, got longer out of him than we did Dembele and Van Dijk and he's been great for us, need him back and firing quickly.

5. celtic warrior

Just get your head together, smash this season with us and help us to 10iar.

After that, you can leave for whoever, for whatever reason you like, you'd go with nothing but fondness and thanks from me.

Plus, be * logical about it you fool, the better you smash this season and perhaps show up in Europe, the better calibre of club will come for you. FFS, look at Dembele for crying out loud.

celticdaft238 and eire4 like this.
  6. Keano88

“I've been here for three years, and for sure when the time comes I'll think about leaving, look for a higher league.

“Right now I'm focused on this season and when the right time comes I'll make the decision to go."

Nothing there that we didn’t already know tbh.

No doubt in my mind he’ll be choking to win 10IAR and further cement his name in our history based on everything he’s done and said whilst here.

Sooner we get him and Griffiths in the lineup the better.

bobs1974, Bobo_, Smithy and 5 others like this.
  7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Could not agree more. If the pandemic never happened I think we probably would have lost him this past summer. But I think the pandemic and the financial uncertainty it has caused maybe made a number of clubs less willing to part with anything like the money we were asking for him. Lets just hope he can make it back on the field and get back to his best because we so badly need him right now.

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Lets hope Edouard is listening and takes your advice:62:

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard admits his aim is to play at a higher level as he confirms he'll leave when the time is right.

The France Under-21 international has missed his club's last three matches after contracting Covid-19 while representing his country.

The forward was the club's record signing when he joined for £9million in the summer of 2018 after an initial loan from Paris Saint-Germain, and was the Premiership's top goalscorer last season.

That led to links with a lucrative move away, with Edouard's agent telling Record Sport that talks would be held with the board after the Champions League elimination at the hands of Ferencvaros.

The French striker's form has been indifferent at the start of the new campaign, with just three goals in all competitions since a hat-trick on the opening day against Hamilton.

Manager Neil Lennon issued a rallying cry on Tuesday as the Hoops boss rounded on his side's critics after three games without a win in the push for a historic 10 In A Row.

But in an interview with French television Edouard confirmed his long-term aim is to secure a move to a higher level, while assuring he's focused on the current campaign.

Speaking to Telefoot he said: "I've been here for three years, and for sure when the time comes I'll think about leaving, look for a higher league.

Right now I'm focused on this season and when the right time comes I'll make the decision to go."

The France under-21 international was then asked if he'd go to England or return to his homeland, with the hosts saying they'd love to see the Celtic man back in Ligue 1.

Edouard laughed: "Honestly I haven't really thought about it, I don't know what the future holds."

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

With just 3 goals since a hatrick on the first day of the season. So 6 goals ? :56: While missing a lot through injury and Covid. Daily record is getting worse , if that’s possible.

11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Let's be Honest.. if Eddy helps us to 10IAR what could he do to top that with us?

If we lose the title this year then for him little point in hanging around if better leagues come calling

Just hope he leaves us as a 10IAR legend

12. Trequartista

I think most will be expecting him to go at the end of the season regardless and we knew that keeping him beyond the summer window was a coup.

He really has to get back to the form he showed at the turn of the year with him and Griffiths being a deadly pairing up front. The better he performs for us, the bigger the move he’ll get. He needs to knuckle down and cement himself as a great for us and the personal rewards will follow.

King of Kings likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Right you get back up to speed and start smashing this league :ynwacelti

15. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Get him straight back in. Shop window as hes playing in France. Bang the goals in and leave us with our blessing after the 10. Mon bigman

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Hopefully finds his start of the season form again, was definitely playing through an injury for the last while.

If he finds his form then the option of 352 is there again with him and Griff up front like 2nd half of last season when we played our best football under Lenny.

Brian Dunphy likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think the tackle he got against Dundee Utd. was worse than we thought and he's never really got back up to speed since that. He was very slow and ponderous and was looking to walk the ball into the net by himself NS wasn't being a team player. Not being fit to play for us but fit enough to play for France was also a concern for me so, hopefully, whatever was in the big man's head is clear now and he can get back to the form we all know he has

19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    great to see him back in the hoops tonight.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100%..

The early signs when he came on were very positive..

Rydo1888* likes this.