1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Its too simplistic to put everything down to individual errors . We huffed and puffed for 40 mins , had two shots , frimpong rolling the ball towards goal and ntcham having a go from 40 yards. Against st Johnstone we had three shots on target in the whole game (2 of which the goals were in the final minutes). We had no shots on target v sevco. Team are devoid of ideas, it's been proven now that formations have had little effect as 352/4231/4411 it's the same toothless effort. The body language of the players is abysmal, everything is a reaction at the moment from the manager and the players. And the master plan appears to be if we * enough * at the wall something might stick (send Duffy up to play as an extra striker v sevco) .. players arent playing for lennon.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    How can you that when strachan s won the league 2006/7 and the Scottish cup and Walter won nothing

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's not just individual errors. Really isnt.

Theres a far bigger picture here which some people will continually ignore it seems.

I have to wonder what has to happen before the penny drops.

4. scootz

As I said - your call.

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lennon in blames someone else shocker..

Sgt Neppers* and Peej like this.
  6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Itll be us losing the league before some people finally turn.

Mr Shelby and King of Kings like this.
  7. CountyDownFaithful

There’s been a lot of individual mistakes this season which we can’t blame Lennon for.

But ultimately the buck stops with manager for performances and results. We have a team filled with quality, international players and Lennon has failed to identify his strongest line-up, pick a suitable formation and coach the team.

Lennon’s time is up. A new manager with new ideas who can motivate the squad and inspire them is needed ASAP.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Even then it won’t be Lennon’s fault.

thailandceltic and HTG like this.
  9. jambo_cfc

Just go lennon !!!ur taking the heart and soul out this club with these results !

Lavender Gooms likes this.
  10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He won't be sacked no matter how many valid points are argued, so it's on to France on Thurs.

Nothing else we can do...see you in that match thread.

Jacob knows and thailandceltic like this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Could be a 4th game in a row without a win. * me.

12. scootz

I hear what you’re saying, but how about crediting our opponent with limiting our chances? Aberdeen are not the pushovers they once were. I actually though the Sheep played really well.

We have no divine right to be peppering goalmouths without resistance.

We were the better team though.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Needs to go.

Christie scores the penalty and not a whimper from him, sitting in dugout with face tripping him not even got a clue that those useless * on the park and capable of still tossing it away.

Unless and Aberdeen or Hibs win a trophy it'll be a clean sweep with him in the dugout, probably do a * invincible season too, as we look light years behind them now.

Scary.

14. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Could? Lille will walk all over us

15. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * me, gutted is an understatement. Lennons team n tactics were far better but still we lack ideas. What the * is going on at lennoxtown. Our confidence is all over the place. We are in a very bad place right now. Mid table form. Jesus christ. Need a * miracle now and thats not down to the scumbags playing well, weve really been that bad. If there is such a thing as a lenny fan left then theyre in for a rude awakening because managers have been canned for far, far less. If lennys still here tomorrow pedro may as well tidy his desk up as well.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It wasn’t individual errors.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. When another SPFL team plays us, limits the chances we create, while countering us effectively - they’ve done exactly what they’ve intended to do. They don’t play us with a game plan set out to dominate possession, so us doing so is largely irrelevant.

They created more chances than we did today. We played the same way we’ve been playing all season.

I can’t stress enough that this is not some sort of isolated incident, where everything will fall into place.

Mr Shelby, Keano88 and ladbroke8 like this.
  17. celtic warrior

What is then, is not now.

Football has changed dramatically since Lennon was first on charge, never mind Walter Smith.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    What is Lennon moaning about the ref for?

Gollum is a * ref but let's face it the pens were pens..

He could have arguably sent Duffy off and Calmac for a second yellow.. he could of given an Aberdeen free before the Griffiths goal..

I cant see how Golluns performance changed the result of the game... * for both teams

ladbroke8 likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your spot on there mate, a get £500 a week and a don’t particularly like my boss but I know for a fact if anyone in my team stopped performing for the boss, we’d get punted not get a new boss to pander to us, and I’m not saying Lennon shouldn’t be sacked but aw these pampered fitbaw players nowadays Getting 20k a week to do something they enjoy need a swiFt kik in the baws

aw go back to their wee 500k hooses tonight no hurting half as much as anyone on this forum

20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We have done more to give sevco belief than they have done themselves. Serial losers always second best, even when they played us off the park in the league cup they still managed to * it up and we still managed to win. Then they beat us last Xmas and they are celebrating like they won the league, couple months later their fans are fighting each other in the stands and Gerrard is one game away from getting the bullet (covid saved Gerrard his job). Now a complete swing. All we have done in the last week is make an extremely flaky and mentally fragile team and manager believe they are gonna win every game and win the league and thats a very dangerous scenario for us

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk