1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Thought he put in an excellent shift tonight, held the ball up well as well.

Just didn’t have any opportunities to get shots away facing the goal.

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    This

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yes I really like Ajet he holds up the ball well works his socks off for the team and knows where the net is. Hopefully he can have a big game Sunday and bag a goal or 2.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    GreenLeanMean likes this.
  4. GreenLeanMean

Love his attitude so far.
    Great attributes and offers something different.
    Its great having 3 totally different top notch strikers with a young eager klimala learning from then.

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I really like him. Looks a complete player. Surprised we managed to get him on a permanent.

6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Worked his socks off, surprised he lasted so long, would have replaced him earlier.

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Happy with what we saw of the player last night. Could shift Edouard to the left of the 3 and use Ajeti as the number 9.

8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s earned his start on Sunday. Looks like Eddy is defo out.

Worked hard, looked certain he was going to get a early goal for us before the first half went all pear shaped. Kinda disappointed he went off when we were starting to play abit and getting the ball into the box.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Unlike Thursday I thought he was disappointing today.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Utter pish today..

Was good first half Thursday..

Metrobhoy likes this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Is the guy even fit, didn't think he was running properly.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Think id have him in a bleep test and im sitting here waiting on 8 sausages cooking for myself

Paradise88 likes this.
  14. Foley1888

When looking at his play for Basel he looked a lot more mobile than he has so far for us. His goal return has been good but his all round play in most games (Milan first half aside, and glimpses against Livi and Hibs) has been pretty poor.

Although I think it is harsh to judge him too much as the full team have been poor so far this season. However if he continues like this I would be worried if Ajeti is to be our talisman going forward.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Griffiths shows him how to do it with his cameos. Even against sevco with limited time he gets a 1 on 1. Scores against aberdeen. I'd rather play griff everytime over ajeti tbh.

Metrobhoy and charlietully like this.
  16. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Dont think we are playing to his strengths. Needs someone beside him. His finishing has been brilliant when he gets a sniff

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

AA: "I think it’s going to be a tough game. They’re in a good period, winning games. But tomorrow is a different game and different opponent with us. We’ve prepared well and we know what to expect."

AA on players returning: “We are very happy that the players are back in the dressing room. Health is the most important thing and we are all very happy to have important players back in the team.”

AA: “I was close to being very sharp and fit but a small injury got in between. It doesn’t matter now, I’m feeling better. I've had a good recovery and I’m also very close to being back to very good fitness levels.”

AA: "I’m looking forward to every game here. Ever since I joined Celtic, I’ve felt comfortable and welcome. I’m just wanting to do my best to help the team.”

AA: “Every game is important. We had a hard start against Milan, I think we deserved more than what the result showed. Our confidence is high and we want to do the best we can tomorrow.”

AA: “Sometimes you win and lose, this is part of football. We are professional enough to handle that. We know every game is important. We have a good atmosphere in the dressing room."

AA: “As a player and team, you want to win every game so we know we need to get back to winning ways.”

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

IT wasn’t only the platform to prove he could still cut it at the highest level that Neil Lennon gave to Albian Ajeti when he plucked the striker from the West Ham wilderness in the summer, but the belief to show it too. Now, it’s payback time.

The Swiss forward has flourished under Lennon so far, and despite taking some time to get fully up to match fitness after being deprived of regular first-team football for so long, he has already bagged five goals in 13 appearances for the club.

So, while the attractions of Celtic were numerous for Ajeti as he looked to get his career back on track, he is determined to now dig the man who ultimately brought him here out of a hole too by helping to steer his side’s season back on course.

“I didn’t just sign for Celtic just because of a good relationship with the manager,” Ajeti said. “But I came to Celtic because he was the man that I spoke to and he gave me the confidence and the chance to play again at the highest levels.

“I really appreciate that. It was very important for me to make this step and I want to pay Celtic and him back for their feelings to me.

“I will work 100 per cent to follow his tactics and to follow his good way of playing football.

“In that respect, I will do everything I can, while I will also at the same time to make myself better.

“That is the way of a good relationship, I think.”

Ajeti, like everyone at Celtic, acknowledges that the last three matches have proven to be chastening experiences, but while he may be relatively new to these parts, he was well aware of the scrutiny that signing for such a massive club would open him up to.

Inside the dressing room though, Ajeti says the huge expectations placed on them from the club’s worldwide supporter base make the players even more determined to deliver them success.

“I was at Basle before, but they are not as big a club as Celtic is,” he said.

“I know the pressures that are here game by game. There are fans all over the world who are watching for us to try and win every single game.

“People do know that you just cannot win every single game. It’s part of football and part of the game.

“What I can say is that the atmosphere within the dressing room is good.

“There no pressure amongst us in there, we have a very good vibe and that is the most important thing to be successful.

“This game [against Lille] is a chance to show the best way for Celtic again.

“I actually don’t spend that time outside on my phone looking at these things. I am actually just feeling comfortable and day by day better because I spend my time in the dressing room concentrating and working.”

As Ajeti references, the games don’t get any easier for Celtic, with a stiff test ahead tonight in France as Lennon’s men visit Lille on Europa League duty.

They have been boosted by the return to training of Odsonne Edouard, but just as Ajeti won’t be shirking from the fight on the pitch tonight if selected, he also won't be backing down from the challenge of keeping a regular place in the Celtic team.

“I like to have the players back,” he said. “It’s good to have that healthy competition because it can help all of us in the group and make all of us better.

“It’s good for the strikers to have that type of challenge and I really enjoy it.

“It makes the squad stronger and that makes the team better and it’s really important for all of us to have a good relationship together.

"There are going to be many games this season. There are going to be times when not everyone is available to play in the matches, so it’s going to take everyone making an effort.

“Everyone is going to be needed and everyone is going to have to play a part if we are to be successful.

“We are different types. That’s important going forward. It’s not useful to have four strikers who are all the same. It is useful for the manager and the team to have options in styles because not all of the games are the same.

“Some games need different types of players and we have qualities which mean you change the tactics, you can change the striker and it can work differently.

“I’m very much looking forward to the game. It’s another European game which we have prepared well for tactically and mentally. It’s going to be tough, but we are ready for it.

“I like [European competition]. It’s different from the matches that you have day to day. You travel and face different teams and it is something that is exciting.

“Lille are top of a good league at the moment and it is not going to be easy, but it’s going to be a good experience for a lot of us because these are the matches we want to face.

“I haven’t actually played in France before at club level, so that is something new for me.”

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Been brilliant..

Everything comes off him..

Involved in both goals and peeled away class for his chance he probably should've hit the target with..

Once he's up to speed you see the difference in him..

HTG likes this.