1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ‘But who else could we get?’

Aye, cos it’d be a struggle to find a better option than someone punted by Bolton and Hibs.

Mental health, depression, pressure, shattered etc. He’s just a poor manager who isn’t fit for purpose for a, supposed, forward thinking club in 2020.

He’s won the * lottery here.

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Wouldn’t honestly be surprised now mate if he did what he did after ferencvaros game and started same 11 from Saturday on Thursday

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny was the right man to finish off the job of delivering 9IAR, but that should've been it, he should've been thanked for steppin in and the search for a new manager should've been up n runnin ahead of the new season.

If it all goes * up this season the Board will be to blame, saying that we may now go on an unbeaten run. :67:

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You seem to revel in it tho..

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nah, no chance.

6. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Honestly think if he is left in charge much longer the 10 will become a distant dream

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Thing us, Its almost the exact same issues affecting Lennon, and its issues that are blatantly easy to fix.

He constantly changes the lineup, I dont think weve played the same 11 twice in a row this season.

There are genuine worries when we play with what lineup he throws out, Saturday was obviously more understandable but why the * would you not start Griffiths or Ajeti? Starting a young st still learning and Elyounoussi(both overrated on here and not a st) was beyond stupid.

The worst thing by far is his subs, its borderline * for him. Let's go back to Ferancvaros, they go 1 nil up. However, they make a mistake in not going for a second, so surely lennon notices this? No, we get a fluke goal and he continues the exact same way until they score. Borderline moronic

Saturday was even worse. 1 nil down at half time, subs are obvious, bring on Rogic for Ntcham, Griffiths for Elyounoussi and Ajeti fir Klimala.

Does lennon do this? Does he *, waits again until they score, he then brings on Ajeti, doesn't make the other needed subs until later.

We might still get 10iar this year with him in charge but I'm not confident. If hes still here next year tho you can guarantee the huns will romp the league after we get papped out the CL again.

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye, I’m absolutely reveling that we’ve got Lennon as our manager.

Reveling at the fact we keep bottling CL qualification.
    Reveling at the fact we get dominated every derby and have no answer for the Huns and hoping we can fluke a result. Reveling that we’ve got a team of players who aren’t being properly coached and are absolutely clueless about what they’re supposed to be doing.
    Reveling that he’s made Celtic an absolute chore to watch and draining any excitement from the support.
    Reveling that he’s clueless and refuses to admit his wrongs and blames everyone and everything else for his faults.

Get the happy clapping pish to *.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Disgraceful post. Unsurprisingly.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What happy clapping pish?

I criticise when it's due and praise too, when it's required.. Its about being balanced.

The way you speak about Lennon is almost Hunlike.

Mystic Penguin and Avatar Daizen like this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’ve praised him when he’s deserved it as well.

What have I said that’s “almost Hunlike” then?

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You * hated Rodgers as well...

There just seems to be an extra bit of venom in your posts, which is at times at odds with most supporters you tend to come across.

13. MAP

The revelling aside (which I understand to be sarcasm), I agree with the points you've raised.

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I never hated Rodgers until he left so that’s a lot of pish. Saying he had took us as far as he could and we were regressing isn’t hating someone. Ironically the majority of this board seem to agree with what I was saying now that he’s no longer here...

‘An extra bit of venom?’ What are you talking about? What have I said that’s got this extra bit of venom? Pointing out someone’s failings and other posters ridiculous excuses for him isn’t anything of the sort.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A quick glance at your posts in this thread says it all..

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So you canny find them then nah?

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes, a vile post, says a lot about the user and his ignorance of mental health issues. People say one of the big indicators or 'flags' is people behaving differently from how they normally do. The way Lenny sat in the dug out fairly motionless against the huns and his muted reaction afterwards is just not him, more mellowed these days or not, its just not like him. Im not saying he is suffering with mental health issues because I have no way of knowing that but he certainly hasnt been himself lately. Hopefully everything is fine with him, people can say what they want about the standard of his management recently but as a man the guy is an inspirational figure for many reasons and deserves all the respect going.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ignorance of mental health issues? I’ve posted plenty over several threads about my struggles with mental health.

Using mental health issues as an excuse for him being found out tactically is seriously disturbing.

Consistently getting outthought by Gerrard and consistently bottling big games in Europe is nothing to do with his mental health.

It’s to do with his ability.

Twisty likes this.
  19. Keano88

Hindsight is a great thing.

Would have been very harsh to let him go after securing 9IAR whilst still on for another treble.

I can’t remember many asking for a change in manager during lockdown.

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I think it should've been made clear to Lenny from the outset that the job was only until the end of the season, we didn't owe him the position full time just because he stepped in and helped to secure 9IAR.