1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Way back when we beat them 2-1 at home the signs for me were there.

I've no faith in the board or Kennedy/Lennon and Strachan.. Gordon's laddie.

Jordan MacGregor and Doogs. like this.
  2. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    We simply have to stick with our best 11 and go on a run and beat them away. We cant drop points

seanm likes this.
  3. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Could be a bit of spacing between the paragraphs mate but I agree with all of that :giggle1:

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  4. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Think that was possibly my first post in this thread as well, so that tells you how dejected I am about us just now. Totally scunnered.

Artorias and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Well, its the morning after the night before ! (afternoon, but youse know what I mean)
    We have much better man for man players than they do, I can only think that some one to one psychologist intervention is needed here, quite clearly some of our guys weren't performing, its not that they want away (The derby is a shop window for all of them to do their best) and they shouldn't be any less fit than any Sevco player, wether we want to admit it or not, its clear that Slippy has instilled a belief in his team! we need to do the same , if NL cant do it, then we need to bring someone in to assist him with this rather than demand he is replaced, I was never one who wanted him to get this job again, but equally Im not asking for him to be replaced, he needs some additional tools right know to get 10 IAR over the line

6. john2061

After watching sportscene and showing the tactics afterwards I think slippy has Lennon's number and Stewart pointed out that's three games now Lennon has failed to come up with tactics and formation to combat the zombie midfield .
    Showed slippy had a game plan to draw out our wing backs and there seems to be no game plan from Lennon in the last three Derby games .

neilly1987 and seanm like this.
  7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Most depressing thread bumps ever

Artorias, neilly1987, Doogs. and 2 others like this.
  8. john2061

Listen mate we are all depressed but our manager needs to up his game here no point having better players if there's no game plan or tactics to combat the opposition players and we are getting out fought and our manager needs to get back to the tactic board and find a formation the players are comfortable with .

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know mate, plenty chat about it in the other threads

Sick of seeing this match one appear :56:

10. john2061

They haven't won anything apart from 3 points plenty of games ahead and win our game in hand only a point in it .
    But we need to get our players fit and ready to go on a run of wins starting at the sheep .

11. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    So just watched the game, I was in dialysis yesterday so couldn't see it. From what I heard the zombies were running riot all over us. So Not the case, personally I think we did ok, we weren't 100% that's for sure but on reflection I saw nothing at all to be worried about, they played the best they could we however will get much better, considering the depleted squad we had there's much more to come from the real champions not the chumps let them have there 15 minutes of fame, it'll be short lived
    We've been here before it's just taking us a wee while to start is all hail hail, keep the faith !!

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Think you watched the wrong game.

You saw nothing to be worried about? Really? 90 mins without a single shot on target. Our big defensive signing looking out of his depth. Goalie looking iffy again. I could go on.

This idea that the huns were at their best is crazy. They never got out of second gear because they never had to. They were on cruise control for the entire game.

13. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Sorry mate but that is just nonsense

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You're a good poster on here mate but if you think have no shots on target at home to a Hun team with fewer resources than us is "doing ok" then I'd hate to see what doing badly involved.

Yesterday was atrocious. Errors and lack of shots aside the most galling thing was there was no heart at all. No fight, no passion, nothing.

If that doesn't worry any Celtic fan watching it then I don't know what will.

TonyTim, Keano88, eire4 and 3 others like this.
  15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Your absolutely spot on there. For me when we lost 2-1 to them last December I was obviously gutted and really disappointed with how badly we played that day. But we still missed a pk we still hit the woodwork we still had 2 headers from corners cleared off the line. So while I was worried I still felt more then likely we would be ok.

Yesterday for me was different. Granted we were badly hit with injuries and players missing because of the virus but that team yesterday was still well capable of at least getting a result. But they simply did not show up. There was no intensity and fight to our game never mind quality in the last 2 derby's of last season and then unbelievable that is what happened again yesterday. That is 3 derby's in a row and that was by far the worst we have played in a long long time. I mean not even one shot on target in 90 minute and only one clear cut chance created in 90 minutes. That is pathetic. I am not one I think to have knee * reactions to a bad result. I have been quite a long time on here so others can call me up on that if they disagree. But I really do not think I go over the top at all. But quite frankly I am not disappointed or gutted about yesterday I am * angry. What I witnessed was totally unacceptable. Nothing short of pathetic and a disgrace to our jersey. My feelings and reactions right now are not based on the fact we lost we were missing a lot of guys if we had played with a real intensity and physicality and lost I would have been gutted sure but I could live with that especially given the circumstances but what I witnessed yesterday was a disgrace.

That was a massive wake the * up call yesterday and the team and coaching staff need to do just that wake the * up and get * after it with a gusto from here on.

16. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Sure I'm not denying yesterday was a huge wake up call, but lets be honest we all kinda knew it was coming we've barley made an impact over the past few games, I was simply saying that there was not a riot like I was told, granted we didn't have much on target, I thought the second I saw the leaked team sheet it wasn't gonna work, personally I would have put on Griff and Ajeti for opposite 45 mins and turnbull in place of Ollie. Yes I too was extremely dissappointed coz I just wanted to hump the * but I'm not gonna panic just yet, it's still early and all things going well (Covid pish) we still have time to get things sorted.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  17. DonnyCelt

I'm still fuming 32 hours later. I'm more angry now than I was when we got beat in December. Had we gone down fighting it would've been more bearable than this.

Keano88, G_portillo and Artorias like this.
  18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think the worry is that they didnt have to be anywhere near their best to beat us comfortably. There is still a way to go but we are in a pivotal moment where we need to take action to address the issues.

Lennon looked bereft of ideas and was slumped on his seat in the dug out emotionless. No answer to what was going on infront of him.
    Granted we had a weakened team, but there was still more than enough talent to at least compete.

Artorias likes this.
  19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The saving grace is that it has come so early in the season. The season is long and points can be dropped anywhere. Need to hope covid doesn't cut the season short though. Of we had somehow managed to claw back a draw or something with Griff on it would have papered over the cracks again. As hard as it is hopefully this loss will be a bit of a wake up call for Lennon. Love the guy but he has to learn now, he's had the warnings for a while.

G_portillo likes this.
  20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We showed absolutely nothing. One corner in the 90?

Virtually no clear cut chances other than Elyounoussi lob in the first half.

A relatively average Hun side tore us apart.

They won every 50/50 ball, and passed us off the park.

That's not just ability, that's mentality in our side clearly not being up for it.

Lennon has clearly lost the dressing room in my opinion.