1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Me neither, which makes all comments in interviews about press and possession, through balls and creativity all the more crazy

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

seanm and Artorias like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. Utterly embarrassing..

I don't think they played or had to play well at all to beat us. It was at what ever pace they decided they wanted it during the game. A stroll..

Shower of * we've got..

Actually look a bit fearful of them on and off the ball now at time's. Imagine saying that a year or so ago..

There's a lot in that dressing room that need to have a word with their selves as well. They make me sick..

3. dmccourt95

Michael Stewart summed us up well. The players don’t look like they want it because they aren’t comfortable in what they’re doing

seanm and The Prof like this.
  4. StevieBhoooy!

Id hope the board would see the importance in going for a ‘serious’ manager like the Rodgers appointment... Ross &co are still not ‘there’ and unproven in their English travels.

None would be an upgrade on Lennon.

If we don’t do the 10.... season ticket sales will drop of a cliff edge. It could be that even if supporters are allowed in it will be very limited numbers so actually getting to a few games could be unlikely altogether....

.... plus.... who is going to have enthusiasm for a New season where we’ve just blown a one and only chance at something that could never be repeated?

If they want a new manager it has to be a REAL ‘manager’ and it needs to be quick.

If would be the best investment they could make this season.

seanm and Stevie6767 like this.
  5. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Still feel pretty flat today. Not angry, just disappointed at the shambles that we are just now. In my mind I think I've already given up on the 10, as ridiculous as that sounds at this stage of the season. Just struggling to actually care about us just now. This was all so predictable.

Can't see Lawwell giving up on Lennon and I can't see our performances changing with him in charge. Expecting us to drop more points in the weeks to come.

Wallsy1888 and seanm like this.
  6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The sad thing is we all know nothing is going to change. The board wont sack him and Lennon wont walk. So he needs to take his head out of his * and * pronto.

Personally and if the rumours are true I think hes lost the dressing room so I can't see that happening and hes too stubborn to admit hes wrong...

Gonna be a long season folks, buckle in...

seanm and Artorias like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Totally agree, the rodgers appointment paid for itself in terms of the increase in ST sales etc, I just fear the board were uncomfortable with the amount of power they have to give to a 'proper manager' and might not fancy doing it again.... even if it would help us get the 10!

Artorias and seanm like this.
  9. James Gold Member Gold Member

I wish we would just go for a top level manager there are plenty out of work give them a blank cheque and a 6 month contract for a shot at history

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This.
    If anyone is in any doubt to what happened yesterday they should watch sportscene and listen to Michael Stewart’s analysis as it was spot on. We don’t just have a few minor issues to deal with the scouse * basically taught Lenny a lesson, again, in tactics/formation and all Lenny done was watch. The problem is Lenny doesn’t seem to be learning, in fact, I'm starting to think that's because he simply wasn't even aware of what's happening tactically when we play them.

The saddest thing for me is IF I was a chairman of a Club and had to pick between the 2 of them to manage a Club it wouldn't be Lenny.

Stevie6767 and thailandceltic like this.
  11. seanm

* sake id let the huns win the next nine in a row as long as we do 10iar.utterly * yesterday.* europa league or cups.10 iar is all that matters and its dissapearing fast.lennon has lost it.Hh

12. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I'm not necessarily sure its slippy who is the one teaching Lenny a lesson tactically, I think the majority of it comes from the boy Beale he has assisting him, something, if we aren't going to have the balls to replace lenny, could maybe at least learn from and get someone in the coaching set up who is capable of the same and is an upgrade on JK/GS!

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Before we get all misty eyed about a proper manager lets remember the utter shambles a lot of our transfers under rodgers had been, that can never be allowed to happen again so I'd be against any manager getting total power like rodgers had.

Mickmac likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Give your head a wobble ya dafty..

15. dmac

A big mate of mine who was delighted when Lennon was given the job messaged me after the game and said it pained him to say it but he wanted a new manager as he was worried Lennon had lost his desire and it was impacting on the team

16. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lennon said when he came in that we would use the keeper less & be more direct than Rodgers but i just don't see this atall. I think it was a scatter gun reaction for Lawell to offer Lennon the job right after the cup final & don't know anybody that wanted him to get the job. I have noticed this season that Lennon hardly talks to Kennedy & Strachan during a game, when he should be asking their opinion. When the huns lost the ball or we were coming out form the back, they just dropped into a 4-3-3 in their own half & invited us to try & go through them. With no movement from the midfield this wasn't happening so you had Duffy trying to ping diagonal balls, which went out the park.

17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

You might be right the point is though Lenny isn't learning and just seems to sit and watch the same car crash happen.
    3 games now v them, in Europe and Christ even domestically some of the 'diddy' teams managers seem to be able to out think him tactically mate.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Probably the last Im going to say on this for a while because what's the point, hes staying.

If Celtic persist with this management team sevco will win the league. It's that * simple.

19. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    Bollox, that was there best yesterday, minus Aribo for Barker. We will get better, it’s all about the squads this season and they WILL implode.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  20. James Gold Member Gold Member

your kidding yourself on if you think the huns were at there best yesterday they've played better and lost. We are showing no signs of any improvement or progress and saying the huns will implode is based on nothing other than last year.

Mickmac and thailandceltic like this.