1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully Martin has sobered up today

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  2. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    His agent can bite my *. *

3. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I wanted Lenny to get the job and have supported and defended him until the last few weeks but enough is enough. A good manager gets a team punching above it's weight for the players they have but this season and much of last season we're punching well below our weight for the players we have. We've still managed to scrape a lot of wins against weak opposition but the performances have been poor and against half decent opposition (but teams we should still be beating) like Copenhagen, the huns (for 3 games in a row now) and Ferencvaros we're found wanting. It's not just the strange team selections and lack of tactics but the basics like passion, aggression, effort, pressing and making runs off the ball that are all missing too. It's a hard decision to make to get rid of Lennon as it will cause a lot of upheaval and I think we would need to get someone in who's proven themselves in Scotland. This might not be popular but I'd consider Strachan to the end of the season to try to get us the 10 or possibly MON if he was willing to come back. They're both available and they've proven themselves. Then look at the end of the season for a longer term option.

4. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Agree with all of this and would add that we should be playing higher up the park, getting our midfielders into the box more and pressing the opposition aggressively in the final 3rd

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  5. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Nah we need fresh ideas. Sadly MON is well past it

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The very fact the his agent and his pal thommo are out defending him and offering excuses says it all.

If Lennon had of came out and, apologised, took responsibility for his * house tactics et al then maybe, maybe he could have bought himself some time. But instead he built a rod for his own back, chatting * about players living in the past and rolling sleeves up and other such bollocks.

The expected defeat at the hands of AC, had we done our jobs against sevco, would have been a season footnote. Now it's certainly another stick to beat Lennon with.

Unless there is an IMMEDIATE transformation on the pitch, yeilding results then Lennon's days are numbered.

Its just a case of whether the board is willing to act now or gamble on Lennon further.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  7. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think we need someone with knowledge of the Scottish game and the current Celtic squad. Don't want a foreign manager who has to get up to speed with the squad and might try to be over-tactical when all I think we really need to win in league games is to get more players forward quicker and play with more passion and energy.

8. Pearse67*

Lennon will never walk, and the board will likely only make a decision if we fall way behind the huns.

9. gazb1888

Knowing our Board I can only see the latter... penny pinching is their only concern. We’ve seen it for years how many players have we failed to buy due to the boards ways.. this will be no different. If he does go, don’t expect a marquee signing like Eddie Howe either, be more like Owen Coyle. This is how if feels to be Celtic fans deserve so much more

10. Pearse67*

Eddie Howe.

Onefootwonder likes this.
  11. Onefootwonder

That was who I was thinking.

Pearse67* likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s part of Lennon’s job to motivate them and make them committed to the cause.

Gerrard has done it with his squad.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What about him?

Zero chance.

14. Aidan O’Shea

Needs to be an overhaul/rethink of the entire backroom staff. Gerrard seems to have some intelligent stuff behind him. Who do we have and what do they bring?

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can you remind me, what has Gerrard won in his time in Scotland?

johnno379 likes this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    How is there zero chance? He’s currently out of work.

17. Aidan O’Shea

Nothing. But he’s 4-4 in old firm games, his team has outplayed us in the last 3, and his team has significantly improved, while we have regressed.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Lennon is the Celtic manager and won’t resign or be sacked, rightly so.

bagforlife likes this.
  19. Sydneysider

True but players like McGregor, Kent, Jack, Arfield, Davies certainly "got" rangers. Tavernier is another leader , Goldson just grateful for a chance when his own club had written him off and most of rest have got that passion for their team and they play and fight as one.

Player for player they dont match us but the whole is greater than the sum of the parts in their case.

They certainly dont have a clique of * stirrers. These blokes are on huge salaries and benefits, and are adored by the fans despite the miserable conditions most fans are currently experiencing ... and they need motivating to actually * try ?

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nothing. And?

Pochettino never won a thing at Spurs, but he was still a fantastic manager for them.

He’s taken an average squad and massively improved them, to the point where they are currently a better team than us.