1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticdawg

The huns are no world beaters but they have a system and a style of play that works for them domestically and in europe .
    We continue to look clueless week after week even against the dross in the league despite having a squad that should blow these teams away !!
    Every week we look short of ideas in the midfield and are starting to create fewer and fewer chances as a result , imo you have two certain starters in calmac and christie as they both bring energy and a goal threat .
    We should only need 1 holding player in this league be it brown/nitcham/soro/turnbull or whoever and get 2 up top to pose a threat .
    Lenny needs to get back to basics and quit tinkering every week , get some fire and confidence back into the squad asap

johnno379, Mickmac and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  2. CountyDownFaithful

His agent running his mouth of on twitter just stinks of unprofessionalism.

Just adds another layer of embarrassment after that performance yesterday.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Bring ronny back :fear:

4. murphy88

When the International break come along, I literally had no idea what the tactics or team would be for yesterday and we are a quarter of the way through the season. We have chopped and changed far too often, we look clueless at the moment.

Stevie6767 likes this.
  5. Sydneysider

Im sure NL is thinking seriously about his future, and is it really worth all the *. He is probably tempted to get on the Championship / League 1 or 2 money-go-round : get appointed, do say two years get sacked and score pay off, ...get anther job , get sacked, rinse and repeat.

Its increasingly rare to find a manager who actually love their clubs. As a player NL would run thro walls for Celtic. Now he has to try an motivate a squad with about four or five with his own level of commitment. Instead he has some players who only turn it on when they feel like it, key players who are permanently crocked, others with personal "issues" like LG. Does he have final or any say on transfers ? .

Worst of all he has to deal with overindulged, overpaid, over-rated twats like that xxxx Boli and lazy * overpaid wanks like Ntcham and co. just going thro the motions.

It must be soul destroying for him, but Im sure he is sick of the sight of some players ... I know I am

6. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Stop trying to absolve him of any blame. He chooses the players and tactics.

Valhalla likes this.
  7. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

One team has a full side of internationals. The other has a team of average players who have won * all with a one or two fellas with trophies born in the 80s.

One team is sent out to play, the average side is well coached.

Baffling decision one after the other.

Cost us Champions League money two year on the spin. The unthinkable is on the cards here.

He should walk away before it’s too late. I love Neil Lennon and he’ll always be a Celtic legend no matter what happens this year, but * me its bad. Really bad.

8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Duffy and Moi - Waste of wages and make the starting 11 poorer.

Ajeti - Doesn't look like a 5 million striker. Is he more of a threat than Lyndon Dykes (2 million)?

Barkas - 5 million?? David Marshall was a free!

Turnbull much less of a risk but one for the future.

Soro hasn't had a sniff when we needed a powerful DM to rest Brown.

Klimala doesn't look up to much.

Boli - waste of cash.

Taylor - Decent back-up but no better than Hayes.

That is a really poor run of signings for me.

9. oh bhoy

the * that appointed him have their heads so far up their own holes they wont be prepared to admit they made a mistake .we need a new manager in tommorow morning

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    His interviews are getting worse every week, going on about a mole, did it matter as the shift is turning anyway and has been seen in last few games (FF prevented another defeat in all honesty).

I want him to change the team.up, this 2 up front with no or 1 striker is silly and the midfield needs severe operating, we needed a CB and a Winger.

Surely he can go 352, 442, 433, 451 with the players at his disposal. Problem. Is and always was going to be him.not wanting to. Drop certain players.

If he can't change that mentality then it should be curtains for him and will most definitely be curtains for 10 if he doesn't and stays.

11. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    It was the manner of the defeat that should worry everyone, we were clueless and when the same 11 came out for the 2nd half I couldn't believe it. The way we've started the season and his criticism of the players you know that there's issues and the performance with no fight or energy tells me it's time to replace him before it's too late. We need new ideas and someone to galvanize the dressing room, I've always liked the look of jack Ross and I know I'll be slated for that but we need change and I can't think of anyone else.

Mickmac, Artorias and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  12. Al Bootyerbaws

Who’s agent Lennon’s ? Put a link up.

13. SuperZidane

Yep - I can't see how this gets turned around. We have been woeful this season. It's pretty clear that Lennon cannot motivate many of the players - they seem to not have a clue what the tactical plan (if there even is one) is. There seems to be no communication between him, Kennedy, Strachan and the players. I don't see why some people on here are saying he will turn it around - he can't even see the problem. His after match comments have frankly become sickening - he seems to be watching different matches from everyone else. I usually have little time for PL but the club ponied up close to 15 million this summer and sold no-one.

There is no-one on this site who doesn't regard Neil Lennon as a Celtic hero but IMO the game has changed and he hasn't - he quite simply hasn't got the required tactical knowledge and ability. With the right manager\coach we should win this league. I would rather he decided to go now and a change can be made. If we carry on the current trajectory - making a change at Christmas might be too late. If the board stick with him and they stop us doing the 10 - that will be Lennon's legacy and that would be a real pity.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. stew37

Team leaks are a pain but it's not the real issue at the moment, so he should just lay off with that kind of chat.

I hope he steps down so that the board are forced into a new appointment, but truthfully I can't see him doing that, or the board sacking him.

NL is a legend as a player and manager for us but I'm not liking the way this season is shaping up at all.

15. Sgt Neppers*

Reading Michael Stewart's column this morning is sobering and grim reality of how far we've regressed, how simple it is to play against us and how utterly inept our set up and coaching is. Having slept on it, I cannot see how he changes it. I mean he doesn't have the ability or the knowledge how to. I am convinced the right thing now more than ever is to let him go. Before we are to far down the road and the situation isn't retrievable.

Artorias likes this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Just :56:

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s right you know.

:56:

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He changes it around by playing...

Barkas
    Duffy Jullien Ajer
    Frimpong Brown McGregor Laxalt
    Christie
    Ajeti Edouard

19. stew37

Boli is the only one I would erase given the chance.

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They also have a rookie manager...