1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

That performance today shows things are not right behind the scenes and don't want accuse any players of not trying but we could get eleven guys in this forum to play against the zombies and get at least a couple of shots on target .
    It will be interesting to see if Julian comes back in the next 10 days just think maybe he's * off with Lennon with dropping him and doing a boyata and maybe others are not happy either not getting a transfer out but something not right .

seanm likes this.
  2. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What is really galling is that they seem to be more motivated to stop us winning the ten than we are to win the ten. This is a once in a generation opportunity, and many of the players just don't seen to appreciate or care how important this season is. If they don't want to be here, then we should let them go. We should be playing with desperation every week, with an understanding that this is an historic season for us. It's hard to believe that Neil, Celtic to the core, would not be making sure our team is playing with an energy and sense of responsibility that would give us confidence that the ten will be achieved. Like a lot of people on here, I'm really anxious now, I haven't seen anything that gives me confidence that this is just a glitch and that we're on the right track. Possibly more than any other club, Celtic needs the supporters in the stadium. We are the heart and soul of the club. We're the ones who hold the team to account. Without us, they're lost and just another team going through the motions.

Artorias, Gioventu and seanm like this.
  3. TheHappyLoss

How many times recently have we seen the team sheet come out against them and felt utterly deflated before a ball is kicked. Be nice to be able to put our best team out against them and see how it plays out. We were dreadful yesterday but was far from confident with the side we put out.

neilly1987 and seanm like this.
  4. seanm

never felt so low.physically 10iar is on.mentally v the huns its not.need immediate action.lennys lost it. a celtic manager doesnt slump in the dugout even if your 10 nil down.times up.need new icentive passion belief.lenny cant give us that love him .if he loves the team he will go.Hh

5. seanm

a great post.HH

6. seanm

defo something not right.that 11 should be getting shots on target.i think their done with lenny.after duff left i knew something was up. HH

7. seanm

and get those * parks coaches to * please.HH

8. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    We were shocking again, no gameplan, no intensity, in all honesty not sure it would have mattered what players were playing, noone looked like they knew there role and what do in, or out of possession.

Can say what we like about them, however they are well drilled, have a gameplan when they have the ball and a gameplan when they dont.

The biggest risk now is we believe the only reason they humped us in our stadium is because we had aload of players missing/unfit and not recognise we have some major issues to sort out if want to win 10.

seanm likes this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    But their players have won nothing yet, and are obviously hungry for it. And they hardly need any motivation when then it comes to their first title at the same time as stopping the ten and getting a automatic spot in CL group stages.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I could sit and write for hours just now about the problems I think we've got this season, but I'll try and consense it into something readable. We've been poor all season, had a few close shaves and already had a big warning sign in the shape of the Ferencvaros defeat. Yesterday should have been a surprise to nobody. This isn't a fluke, it's becoming a worrying pattern.

Firstly, the consensus is that this is the best squad we've had in a long, long time and I agree. With respect to the rest of the League, this squad is comfortably the strongest on paper. The problem is I've no idea what our best formation is, and I wonder how many different answers you'd get if you asked a 100 Celtic fans to name our best XI in our best formation?
    Does Lennon know what his best side is? If we had a must-win game and everyone was fully fit, what would he go with?

Secondly, we've looked like a group of individuals as opposed to a proper team with a clear plan all season. Darren Fletcher said yesterday we had no identity, lacked structure and had no patterns of play. He said he couldn't see what we were trying to do and that we'd appeared to be relying on individuals to give us moments all season - and I think he's mostly right. I'm no expert, but it's all way too static. We move the ball slowly, and there's rarely enough movement ahead of the ball. Nobody is doing enough to drag opponents out of position and we don't switch the ball quickly enough. That's not just yesterday, that's against the majority of teams we've faced this season.

Lastly, we're facing the same issues consistently in these big games, and not just against Rangers. We're sloppy and rushed in possession, everyone is too spread out, we're second to the vast majority of loose balls and we're left chasing shadows. That's not a quality issue, that's an issue with tactics and preparation and we've got it wrong far too often by doing (or failing to do) the same things.

I know we've had issues with injuries this season, but that's no excuse for being consistently poor and the last thing I'd expect from a Lennon side is to be so meek and toothless. I'm sure we'll get better in the coming months as players return to form and fitness, but these big game performances are concerning.

neilly1987, kramer1 and Stevie6767 like this.
  11. murphy88

I can't remember ever seeing such a gutless display in a game against that lot. As soon as the second went in we basically just accepted that we were beat. To not change anything at half time was a joke. Not surprising though, I knew Lennon would wait until we went 2 down before he made a sub. Then as soon as the game is gone he brings on Ajeti. Make the change at half time, it was crystal clear from what we watched in the first half it wasn't working for us. There is no desire in our team just now, and Lennon can't seem to get the team motivated. If we drop points at Pittodrie next weekend, and I can see that happening, then we have to make a change, or we are going to throw away the chance to win 10, we cannot * about in the hope Lennon can eventually get it right.

neilly1987, seanm and Stevie6767 like this.
  12. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There has been no desire vs them in a long time. Anyone who thinks its too soon to implement change is mental. Have to be interviewing candidates today in my opinion. Lennon only has himself to blame. If you could see him trying to fix the problems it may be different, that was all of our own making though. Need someone on board who will galvanize the players n wipe the slate clean in terms of shape and tactics.

neilly1987, seanm and honda like this.
  13. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    First time I have seen the huns favourites to win the title at the bookies scary stuff

14. joemc

Just about the most spot on post regarding the game , is this maybe a game plan to stop burn out mid season , br teams played high intensity for full 90 and wer fitter than other teams and got more
    Spot on assessment , is this a management thing to stop team burnout mid season , have the players complained of overtiredness .
    Br had us fitter than any other team and playing high intensity for full game and we got joy later in games as teams could not chase for the full game .
    Did this change to conserve mid season as the huns blew up around December by trying to play in a similar way ,i.e high press for full games .

Also we saw that br style was getting found out and 2 banks of 4 sitting deep was giving us issues and lenny was gonna go with a more direct style wen called for , it seems to be that the team have a problem with wots being asked and players who are no longer starting could be causing negativity to spread .
    Its so difficult to try to sort player issues in the current climate as you can't go out in groups and foster bonding team spirit and mentality , and no matter wot anyone says , fans not present will not feel like real football for many players , the 1 thing they have over us in that sense is natural hunger and drive , ours seems gone without fans and years of winning everything.

15. Maestro 08

The games are coming thick and fast and we've left ourselves with no margin for error from now until we go to their midden. There's no winter break this year to recharge the batteries (or for the huns to have a meltdown). It's full on from now until the end of the season and we badly need some inspiration within the squad. Is Lenny the man to deliver it, the performances this season suggest not. One more slip up this year and i'd say his coat should be on a shoogly peg. Time for him to make some tough decisions and get this group of players fighting for what's at stake here or he'll go down as the man who failed to deliver the 10 from a position of vast superiority.

neilly1987 and seanm like this.
  16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They've got another 9 points in the bag against us so that's a 10 point advantage. Can you see them dropping ten points more than us against the other teams in the league ? Especially when they have whistle happy refs ready to bail them out with penalties amongst other dodgy decisions all season.

seanm likes this.
  17. DonnyCelt

This. I said yesterday its bad enough we don't seem to have the bottle against them, but also you can see that the refs are even more favourable towards them this season.

seanm and Artorias like this.
  18. Paradise88

The Celtic social media posted recent derby wins the night before, and watching I was surprised how fast and slick we were. Our passing and quick 1-2s. From the 5-1 games to last September. I just thought looking back "we don't play like that this season" and right enough.

seanm and Artorias like this.
  19. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Woke up and sobered up. On reflection that has to be the worst and most pathetic performance I have ever saw against them. At least in the 90's when we had inferior players they showed some heart. To not get a shot on target against them is diabolical. I have never been so embarrassed as I am today. Lennon GTF

20. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    We were ravaged by injury and Covid yesterday and on chances, it could have ended a draw. They (the uglies) are not a great team but they have a togetherness which can overcome teams with better ability who don’t battle too. We’re too nice, and need to man up. Ps Why did Griff not leave the leg in and go down for a penalty?