1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sticking up for his mate.

He’s Also pals with Commons

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Just thinking there maybe the difference from his first spell here is that back then we had a core of Scottish, English , Irish and Weslsh players guys like Forster, Mulgrew, Hooper, Stokes, Commons, Ledley, Wilson, Brown, Forrest probably a few others I'm missing as well I think they would be more likely to react to his methods as opposed to the squad we have today

Probably talking absolute pish though it's been a long day

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FURIOUS Neil Lennon hit out at the club mole who leaked his starting line-up for the Old Firm loss.

The Celtic manager was seething about his plans appearing online on Friday night.

He raged: “It’s not great. Somebody within the club is doing us in, basically, and that’s disgusting. We’ll try to get to the bottom of it.”

Asked if it made his job more difficult, Lennon added: “Of course it does.

I keep talking about a sense of privacy around our club and it just doesn’t seem to be the case with some people.”

Lennon also insists the Hoops can’t live on past glories if they want to win ten in a row.

He was left gutted by the 2-0 defeat and challenged his side to show they have the character to bounce back.

Lennon said: “It gives Rangers a lift. It’s early in the season though, and you can’t listen to all the noise outside.

Can they respond? Absolutely. They’ve done it before.

“But they can’t live on the past. We’ve got a title race on our hands and we have to roll our sleeves up and do better.

We’ve got a game in hand we have to win.

“You can’t base everything on four games a season. You have to be consistent all year.”

Lennon was unhappy with the two goals his side conceded and pointed to a lack of belief.

He said: “We gave away poor goals. That was the game in a nutshell.

It was really poor from a set-play early on.

“From then on we did OK. We had a great chance to equalise with Moi Elyounoussi and I thought we deserved to come in at least level at half-time.

“The second goal was really poor. The second phase from a corner wasn’t dealt with.

"We didn’t stop the cross and that was the difference between the sides. Rangers defended their box better than us.

“I thought we ran out of ideas in the second half. The subs didn’t really have an impact as you can see they were not fit enough.

“We didn’t get in behind them enough. We lacked a bit of penetration and a bit of belief.

“We had big players missing, but we still have enough players out there to get something.”

The Hoops were without key players Odsonne Edouard, Ryan Christie — who was forced to sit out despite fellow Covid scare star Kieran Tierney being cleared to play for Arsenal last night — Nir Bitton, Hatem Elhamed and James Forrest.

Celts face AC Milan in the Europa League on Thursday, but Lennon says striker Edouard is likely to be missing again.

He added: “He’s had cardiac and blood tests and we’ll see how he is.

“We can’t take a chance on health and he wasn’t ready anyway. We knew he had no chance but couldn’t say it publicly.”

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Shut up you wee fat *..

Marty McFly and StevieBhoooy! like this.
  5. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Team has been leaked for what? 3 or 4 years? This gettto the bottom of it * doesnae wash with me

6. Sgt Neppers*

He's making himself sound foolish and incompetent, which in turn makes the club these things. He can't moan about subs not havi g an impact but not being fit. That's why you have a squad, the best one in the country to deal with these things. We couldn't do the basics and that cost us. Regardless of what he says. Chances created was most zero. * Zero at home.

The players lack of belief stems in a lack of confidence in the game plan. Cannot listen to his nonsense any more. Havemt been able to since Ferencvaros.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's all gone * up since the CL exit and Lenny's comments after that game, the players are not buying into whatever he's trying to put across.

I think the more he talks the more credibility he loses, it's sad to see tbh.

8. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Agree prof, the interviews are farcical now aswell. I cant watch them. Win, lose or draw. Neil sounds like a robot, regurgitating the same *

9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    It's crazy to think that the only way he'll lose his job is if he loses the ten.

It'll be Lennon that loses this for us.

10. Pearse67*

board will probably still keep him ffs.

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Leaked teams are the least of his worries

Keano88, StevieBhoooy! and Noskeil like this.
  12. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Agreed. His biggest worry is he has clearly lost the dressing room and sadly the support. Its devastating

Noskeil likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And his agent’s making a complete * of himself on Twitter.

What a day.

StevieBhoooy! and Pablo87 like this.
  14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The team getting leaked and then posted all over the internet is * annoying and folk doing it need to have a word with themselves however the biggest danger to the ten is Lenny I'm sad to say.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Inagine highlighting that as the biggest deal..

Get this * to *..

16. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Going on about leaked teams is just trying to deflect away from the fact the team was utter * and the tactics and team selection was a joke!

Own it Lennon, or * off!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  17. oh bhoy

He has no * chance of turning this around he will play the same idiotic 3-6-1 against Milan get humped and do the same against Aberdeen ,he's * it already and he's brought it all on himself.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

A team leak might be annoying for him but come on, it changes nothing.

You could get at least 10/11 of the Rangers team every week correct. Same with teams like Liverpool, Man City, PSG, Bayern etc and so on.

That’s what picking a consistent team does. If it's good enough, it doesn’t matter who knows what it’s going to be.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Hes got to go. Am sick of his * now. He left first time cause the board didnae back him, but it pains me to say it, the board has backed him this summer and he cant get a team or formation right.* huns btw

20. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    F*** breaks my heart to say it but he's not up to it. Love Neil lennon but now's the time to walk away. He won't obviously and I hope I'm proved wrong but I just can't see how this turns around. He looks spent in the dugout you can see how much it means to him but he just isn't getting it right